Islanders fan coming in peace.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Just wondering how you guys are feeling about picking up Parenteau off waivers. Was really looking forward to seeing him play with JT again but can't trust our management to do anything productive.
Haven't really gotten the chance to watch a Devils game this season, how's he looking for you guys?

Luongos Knob

PDO Kings
Jan 20, 2009
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.

Bullseye

Jun 14, 2012
Niagara
From a Leafs perspective - PA was excellent here last year. Great person in the room apparently and more did his part scoring on our crappy team. I think he really wanted to stay but we have a major youth movement happening. It took him some time to get going as I remember so he may pan out nicely for the Devils going forward.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Why do people feel the need to say "_____ fan coming in peace"? Why does your favourite team matter.

Because I'm clearly not a fan of your team and I don't want to make it seem like I'm here to argue or start something with you guys too.
Don't see how it's an issue.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
From a Leafs perspective - PA was excellent here last year. Great person in the room apparently and more did his part scoring on our crappy team. I think he really wanted to stay but we have a major youth movement happening. It took him some time to get going as I remember so he may pan out nicely for the Devils going forward.

He was good for us while he was young too, kinda sucked to see him leave.

DerekDevils30

Feb 2, 2007
Manitoba
He's been fine but you can see why he's bounced around the league. Some talent there but he's replaceable.

Hall-Zajac-Parenteau was a great line before Taylor's injury.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
He's been fine but you can see why he's bounced around the league. Some talent there but he's replaceable.

Hall-Zajac-Parenteau was a great line before Taylor's injury.

Yeah he's definetly not a massive impact player, but he had a chemistry with Tavares already and was projected to play on his line, didn't really see much reasoning for waiving him.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's slowed down a bit, but there was one point where he was literally scoring a good amount of our total goals. Now we've increased the scoring, while his scoring has decreased a little.

devilsblood

Mar 10, 2010
He's been good for us. Given your record, I'd say it was a mistake you guys waived him.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002

Some team boards are very territorial about opposition fans posting on 'their' board.

I know the Winnipeg Jets fans didn't take too well the opinion of Thrashers fans in the early re-boot of that franchise. Nowdays its not a problem because most exThrashers fans take the hint and stay away / support other teams.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
He's been good for us. Given your record, I'd say it was a mistake you guys waived him.

Yeah our coaching staff is abysmal, same thing with our GM, with Gallant being fired I'm really hoping we can get rid of them but it's unlikely. Line changes happen every 5 minutes during the game and guys who play hard get benched. Even if PA was on our team he would've been terrorized by the reign of Fred Flintstone.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Some team boards are very territorial about opposition fans posting on 'their' board.

I know the Winnipeg Jets fans didn't take too well the opinion of Thrashers fans in the early re-boot of that franchise. Nowdays its not a problem because most exThrashers fans take the hint and stay away / support other teams.

As the Thrashers fans should, I wouldn't support that team for **** if I had been a Thrashers fan.

I hope they get relocated back to Atlanta. Relocate them to Venezuela for all I care. If it's too hot and humid for ice conditions there, send them to the South Pole.

I feel bad for the pleasant fans of theirs that I've had some good conversation with, but too many of them are way boisterous.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Yeah our coaching staff is abysmal, same thing with our GM, with Gallant being fired I'm really hoping we can get rid of them but it's unlikely. Line changes happen every 5 minutes during the game and guys who play hard get benched. Even if PA was on our team he would've been terrorized by the reign of Fred Flintstone.

Haha he does look like Fred Flinstone! I never realized that until just now, but good call!:nod:

My ex girlfriend used to call him ''Daniel Boone'' when he first came on the job as a head coach there. He had this haircut, where the front of it looked like Daniel Boone's cap.:laugh:

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
Haha he does look like Fred Flinstone! I never realized that until just now, but good call!:nod:

My ex girlfriend used to call him ''Daniel Boone'' when he first came on the job as a head coach there. He had this haircut, where the front of it looked like Daniel Boone's cap.:laugh:

That's a good one I might have to start using it

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
That's a good one I might have to start using it
I'm flabbergasted that his head coaching tenure outlived our relationship. It's hard to believe he's the fourth longest tenured head coach in the league. Julien and Quenneville being first and second, then Tippett in Arizona. I'm surprised he's made it that far too.

Beautvillier

beauvillier fan club
Nov 26, 2016
Florida
I'm flabbergasted that his head coaching tenure outlived our relationship. It's hard to believe he's the fourth longest tenured head coach in the league. Julien and Quenneville being first and second, then Tippett in Arizona. I'm surprised he's made it that far too.

The only reason he's still on our team is because he lives in our GM's basement and he doesn't want to lose the rent.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad