GDT: Islanders @ Devils - Season Finale - 7:00 PM - MSG

Status
Not open for further replies.

billingtons ghost

Nov 29, 2010
I honestly think we were considerably worse under Green. I think every stat would back that up.

The win/loss and points percentage was also considerably down.

Dude - those last losses that sealed Ruff's fate were about the worst hockey I've ever seen. We maybe blipped up and then down - but it was chaos there for a few weeks.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
I don't know what a goalie coach could tell you that would have helped him tonight. His demeanor is miles away from the 'F*** the world, I'm winning' attitude he came in with.

Ugly.
I’m not blaming him for tonight. I’m blaming him for his entire tenure here. Everyone got worse under him.

Some of them were AHL goalies and not expected to play well, but he’s not made anybody better here.

The last goalie coach was doing a fine job, but he was brought in to try and revive Cory. Once Cory was bought out and shown the door, they also showed Melanson the door with him.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
Dude - those last losses that sealed Ruff's fate were about the worst hockey I've ever seen. We maybe blipped up and then down - but it was chaos there for a few weeks.
The Tampa and LA games were definitely pretty bad. They looked like they quit on him for sure.

I don’t think they ever quit on Green (maybe he never even had them to begin with) but the way they played under Green was too much like the way Vancouver played under him. And they never won enough with him.

Reactions: Louskoolaid89

NJDevs26

Once upon a time...
Mar 21, 2007
They didn't? I remember at least one coming on here and doing it right after Lindy got fired.

He's probably the second most hated man in Vancouver behind only Mark Messier.

If one time poster Trottier was here, he would argue nobody hated Messier in Vancouver and that Green may actually be the most hated man in Vancouver.
The dude actually said Green only got his job and rep because JAKE ALLEN led him to an AHL title, ironically

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The dude actually said Green only got his job and rep because JAKE ALLEN led him to an AHL title, ironically
Wait, Jake Allen played under Green in the AHL?

I think that was the WHL?

Camille the Eel

I can’t speak for Dano but at the start of this year he was extremely complimentary of Bill and how good he thought the two of them were together.

That could have changed over the course of this season but I’m guessing the pause was for a different reason then trying to make Bill look stupid.
Yes it occurs to me too. Because at the very end post game he said the right things.

JK3

Go Easy-Step Lightly-Stay Free
Nov 15, 2007
Ice Station Zebra
What genius decided to have fan appreciation night against a close rival? At least schedule it against a team in the other conference FFS.

Reactions: Bleedred

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
What genius decided to have fan appreciation night against a close rival? At least schedule it against a team in the other conference FFS.
They seem to do it for whatever the last home game of the season is.

It was against the Rangers back in 2015, which was our last particularly pathetic home finale before tonight.

Reactions: JK3

Camille the Eel

The Tampa and LA games were definitely pretty bad. They looked like they quit on him for sure.

I don’t think they ever quit on Green (maybe he never even had them to begin with) but the way they played under Green was too much like the way Vancouver played under him. And they never won enough with him.
Looking back, the turn we took after the Stadium Series game was the weird thing this season. Up until then we seemed relatively competitive, even if we were still quite mediocre and inconsistent. But after that things totally went south. Really kind of odd.

Bleedred

Sponsor
May 1, 2011
The real cherry on top with Fitz this season is him saying on the last day that he wants to re-sign a useless goon that doesn’t address a single f***ing one of the major issues this team has.
I spent the entire season defending him for not making a trade (for a goalie) earlier, but the fact that the first acquisition we made this year was Kurtis MacDermid was a real swift kick in the balls.

I'm not saying he should have gotten someone else in a trade before he did, I'm saying it was a real kick in the balls for it to be a goon of all people.

That was nothing but a reaction to Rempe. Once Rempemania cools down, hopefully the need for a goon here ends.

And I figure there's a good chance the Rempemania ends at some point next year. I could see the love affair being over and him ending up back in Hartford.

Reactions: MasterofGrond
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad