Post-Game Talk: Islanders @ Capitals Game 5 7pm 4/23/15

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
Secondary scoring in the playoffs is fun. Kuznetsov looking a little like Fedorov Jr. out there. A dangerous second line is so huge. Hopefully they continue not sitting back early in Saturday's game.

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog
Tom Wilson, on whether he and the Caps got inside the Islanders heads "It's obvious."

Capitlols

Historic Chokers
Feb 9, 2010
Dan Steinberg ‏@dcsportsbog
Wilson also said Cizikas got him "in the private parts," and later apologized

sycamore

Jan 16, 2010
Just saw the highlights, Kuznetsov like a man possessed out there. Just incredible.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
I'd sit Latta for Fehr but it doesn't sound like he'll be ready for next game anyway. Latta's mobility down low in the defensive zone is an issue.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
that was troy, he never hits, brouwer.

Brouwer looked like a man possessed at times. At one point I saw him skating opposite the direction of the puck to go finish off a Dman/engage. Embracing his role in a more natural position for him.

g00n

Retired Global Mod
Nov 22, 2007
I'd sit Latta for Fehr but it doesn't sound like he'll be ready for next game anyway. Latta's mobility down low in the defensive zone is an issue.

I was thinking that, too, then I reconsidered. What if Fehr goes down again? It screws up your lines and your gameplan and you have injury/line issues going into a game 7, potentially.

I think the play is to sit Fehr and try to keep the momentum from this game going, and see what happens after game 6. If Fehr is good to go and Latta is struggling you make the switch in game 7. If the Caps win game 6 then Fehr has extra time to heal.

pman25

Aug 29, 2009
Richmond

yeah there is a reason we didn't see much of him in the 3rd. Get well soon, Eric

artilector

Jan 11, 2006
Congrats on the win from the other side. Your team is hungrier, and outside of our 4th line, physically dominating the series. It isn't over until the fat lady sings, but unless my team's smaller guys start matching up better physically, this is what we will get more times than not.

Appreciate the kind words.

I think the Caps were pretty lucky for series to be 2-2, and anything can happen in the last two games.

RandyHolt

Keep truckin'
Nov 3, 2006
Thanks Conan O'Brien

latest

maybam

Mar 30, 2010
As kuz gets gains more strength and experience, he is just going to explode in production. The kid oozes skill.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad