de Haan Straight
Hickey Visnovsky

Halak
Neuvy

AxofPfO.gif

Last edited:

trick9

Jun 2, 2013
Maybe it's just me but it seems that after longer rest (3+ days) this team has always come back from the break and get dominated in the 1st game.

Big game, i hope they are ready. This team needs Wilson back and several guys to step up from the passengers seat if they want to go anywhere.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Caps win: 4 to 3

My real issue? Somewhere out there, George McPhee will watch the team win tonight, turn to his buddies he's watching with, and say:

"You know... I built that team!" :shakehead

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Maybe it's just me but it seems that after longer rest (3+ days) this team has always come back from the break and get dominated in the 1st game.

Big game, i hope they are ready. This team needs Wilson back and several guys to step up from the passengers seat if they want to go anywhere.

If we cannot win tonight, you can stick a fork in us. I ain't buyin the excuses I've been hearing.

OVs Gold Chain*

Really hope Wilson gets in the game tonight. He's a game-changer as far as getting the Isles to mentally **** up and lose focus on their trapping style of play. One of those games the team has to come out and impose their will at every opportunity, make a statement about the series going forward.

OVs Gold Chain*

Not really worried about the team playing @ NYI, sadly they seem to thrive in the hostile environments and flop when they have the support behind them. Just need to get the W tonight for momentum.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
Not really worried about the team playing @ NYI, sadly they seem to thrive in the hostile environments and flop when they have the support behind them. Just need to get the W tonight for momentum.

To me, the opposite seems true: we win @ home... which is why this is troublesome.

OVs Gold Chain*

To me, the opposite seems true: we win @ home... which is why this is troublesome.

To be fair they finished almost dead even as far as home and away records :laugh:

I just think they seem more focused and play more relaxed on the road. The core of this team has had so much playoff disappointment that the fans are left groaning through the 3rd period when they play badly like on Wednesday. At least when they **** up on the road they don't get jeered at by their own fans, sadly.

AlexBrovechkin8

At least there was 2018.
Sponsor
Feb 18, 2012
District of Champions
To be fair they finished almost dead even as far as home and away records :laugh:

I just think they seem more focused and play more relaxed on the road. The core of this team has had so much playoff disappointment that the fans are left groaning through the 3rd period when they play badly like on Wednesday. At least when they **** up on the road they don't get jeered at by their own fans, sadly.

The onus is on the team to prove this year is different. Every single player has said this team is different, we're more mature, more focused, etc. Well, prove it. Game one was a clunker. Looked like they had a lot of nerves. Looked the fans were expecting to be disappointed. Hopefully the team had a collective sigh, took a deep breath, got the nerves out, and will play hockey. Holtby has to be huge. An early or weak goal would he pretty devastating tonight. Need Holts to help build confidence and momentum.

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006

Don't mean to ruffle your feathers, but you might want to expand your analysis a bit further. You'll see that they've been much better at home for many, many years. :shakehead

BTCG

Jun 16, 2006
The onus is on the team to prove this year is different. Every single player has said this team is different, we're more mature, more focused, etc. Well, prove it. Game one was a clunker. Looked like they had a lot of nerves. Looked the fans were expecting to be disappointed. Hopefully the team had a collective sigh, took a deep breath, got the nerves out, and will play hockey. Holtby has to be huge. An early or weak goal would he pretty devastating tonight. Need Holts to help build confidence and momentum.

Gotta have better D and G. Cannot be giving up 4 goals and expect to win in the SCP.

Langway

In den Wolken
Jul 7, 2006
If things were really different from a mental toughness standpoint wouldn't they not be ******* when not scoring first?

BrooklynCapsFan

No more choking!
Oct 23, 2002
Brooklyn, New York
If things were really different from a mental toughness standpoint wouldn't they not be ******* when not scoring first?

There are multiple possibilities for why we suck when giving up the first goal.

Mental fragility - highly likely
Horrible offensive system - plausible
Panic line shuffling killing chemistry/confusing players - in abundance
Lack of any offensive talent out of 8 and 19 - oh yeah
Weight of expectations and past failures - that's gotta at least be in play

Capitals40

Nov 14, 2014
Summerville, SC
We should be well rested since our Captain, goalie and half the team did not show up for the optional skate yesterday. I guess they were nursing their pride, I don't know.

Blades of Steel

log off.
Dec 10, 2009
Virginia
yeah just posting official tweet..

Washington Capitals @washcaps
RT @CapitalsPR: RELEASE: #Caps recall Philipp Grubauer from Hershey (AHL) http://t.co/LwmTJChDlF

grubs is solid and has been having a MVP like season in Hershey.

Alex Prewitt @alex_prewitt
Grubauer is indeed at Kettler right now. Still trying to figure out the recall.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad