News Article: Islanders Add Five Players To Playoff Roster Ahead Of Game Three

Bill Herlyn

Oct 18, 2017
All teams bring up a 3rd string goalie for the playoffs and Skarek is the only goalie eligible that is not hurt(Lennoxx and Appleby have not played recently)

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I thought lots of teams call up their AHL players when AHL season is over to sit and watch.

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
They probably wanna give a taste of the Playoffs (even if it's only practice) to the young blood. I'm sure one or two will play at some point....

Reactions: Potvottier

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway
They probably wanna give a taste of the Playoffs (even if it's only practice) to the young blood. I'm sure one or two will play at some point....
Um,. none of these are young. They are the tweeners stuck on the Bridgeport roster due to not being quite good enough. It's fine they are brought along for the ride, but they are no better than Matt Martin even though Ishakov might get a start.

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
Pretty sure they do this when the AHL team is eliminated and there aren't roster limits, so they can be around the playoff atmosphere and have more intense practices

It's like September call ups in baseball but happens in the playoffs.

I think there's like an air force term they use for it, the players called up are called Black Wings or Black Aces or something

MarsTBOW

Jun 30, 2014
Ct.
Um,. none of these are young. They are the tweeners stuck on the Bridgeport roster due to not being quite good enough. It's fine they are brought along for the ride, but they are no better than Matt Martin even though Ishakov might get a start.

Ok How About... "Top Players From The AHL Affiliate"
Better?
Either way, none of these guys have gotten a sniff yet.
Getting here during the playoffs can only be good for these guys like Ishakov.
I predict He Plays Over Martin or Engval!

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Ok How About... "Top Players From The AHL Affiliate"
Better?
Either way, none of these guys have gotten a sniff yet.
Getting here during the playoffs can only be good for these guys like Ishakov.
I predict He Plays Over Martin or Engval!

Engvall has not been our problem in the 1st 2 games

Sorokin in tonight according to Rosner

Isk for Martin is possible if Martin isn't able to go

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Do you mean other than being almost single handedly responsible for Jarvis' killer goal to draw within 3-2 the last game?
Seriously? Like no one else is at fault in the last two games?

Come on. How about Varly not being in the right spot for a shot that beat him short side without a screen from a mediocre angle?

Some people just have to hate . . .

Medvescak

Kid Calder
Mar 22, 2018
Wasn't overly impressed with Ishakov's debut. Not fast enough or strong enough on his skates. I'd rather see Gauthier injected into the bottom 6.
Man our options really are limited.

Reactions: Glorydays22 and MJF

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Engvall has not been our problem in the 1st 2 games

Seriously? Like no one else is at fault in the last two games?

Some people just have to hate . . .
I'm probably more okay with Engvall than most on this board, but you said Engvall has not been our problem the first 2 games and I pointed out that he was directly responsible for a killer goal against in game 2 (by making a weak play along the boards and giving the puck up). Whether anyone else has been at fault in the 2 games is a different thing entirely. And no "hate".

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad