Rumor: Iskakhov Leaving The Islanders

Metnut

Jan 19, 2013
Give him an a 2-way deal with a pretty high guarantee on the AHL side. Would love to get him into camp next year with the goal of getting him a 10-15 game look in the top 6 with other scorers and see how he does.

Given the state of NYI's farm system and cap situation, they need hit on a few cost controlled players to stay relevant over the next 2-3 years.

Potvottier

Jan 3, 2024
How did he look in his 1 game?
He looked small, but quick. Doesn't have top speed but has quick first couple of steps, and his lateral movement is great.

He got knocked around a bit, but wasn't afraid to engage. Small sample size, but he seemed to have good instincts, and worked hard.

I am one of those guys who are willing to wait a season or two for a young guy to really catch on, so I was not disappointed. I feel like he can make a spot for himself, and I also KNOW that he has a skillset that would benefit us. At worst, 3rd liner with PP duties, maybe? IDK...

Glory Days

Aug 16, 2012
Charlotte
He got bounced around a lot. His assist came on the power play. All in all I think he earned another opportunity to dress for the parent club.
Carolina is not a big team. If Pageau remains out maybe give Isk a game especially if the Isles continue to have scoring issues.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
Carolina is not a big team. If Pageau remains out maybe give Isk a game especially if the Isles continue to have scoring issues.
I meant for him to dress for a regular season game.

The Canes move the puck faster than Iskakhov can cover ground. I wouldn't want him dressing in this series. Iskhakov needs to play a heavy game. Blocking shots is Roy's game plan for shutting down Carolina. I don't see him in the mix now

Reactions: YearlyLottery

YearlyLottery

The Pooch Report
Feb 7, 2013
South Carolina
I meant for him to dress for a regular season game.

The Canes move the puck faster than Iskakhov can cover ground. I wouldn't want him dressing in this series. Iskhakov needs to play a heavy game. Blocking shots is Roy's game plan for shutting down Carolina. I don't see him in the mix now

Ishakov was horrid defensively as well. He should get time starting next season and he has some nice potential. Gets a taste of the NHL before gearing up for the offseason is something I love to see.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad