Line Combos: Is Yakupov a Left Winger?

sepHF

Patreeky
Feb 12, 2010
If the Oilers move Yakupov back to the LW after the success he had on the RW late in the season I'll be sorely disappointed. He is a RW and should be used there.

tempest2i

Jigsaw Falling Into Place
Oct 25, 2009
Cowtown
No. He is a RW. Just because Krueger tried to shoe horn him on the left side doesn't make him a LW.

KlimasLoveChild

Feb 25, 2012
He played left pretty much all last year, but he is a natural RW. It would make sense to keep him at left if we plan on bringing in Horton, but if we don't, then what?

He is clearly a RW. Remember when he started to turn it on at the end of the year. He was playing RW.

Took a pill in Sbisa

2showToffoliIwascool
Apr 23, 2004
Australia
No. He was tried at LW for the first part of last season and was hardly effective.

Towards the end of the season he was put on RW and scored the 2nd most goals in March after Alex Ovechkin.

He is as much of a LW as Hall is a center.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Then why so much talk about bringing in another RW in Horton?

Ebs trade bait? or moved to LW ?
I honestly dont know why we would go after Horton at this point..
If we have room for a top 6 RW, I hope we make a strong push for Iginla..

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
The genius idea was that he could defend easier on the LW as a left-hander (perhaps this is one thing we can give Buchy the credit for?). All it ended up doing is making him look confused in both ends of the ice instead of just 1. He better be on the RW next season.

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
Ebs trade bait? or moved to LW ?
I honestly dont know why we would go after Horton at this point..
If we have room for a top 6 RW, I hope we make a strong push for Iginla..

Ebs isn't going anywhere. Right now we have Hall-Nuge-Yak and Gagner-Ebs as a lock. What we need is a second line LW.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
The genius idea was that he could defend easier on the LW (perhaps this is one thing we can give Buchy the credit for?). All it ended up doing is making him look confused in both ends of the ice instead of just 1. He better be on the RW next season.

well we also had Hemsky... and Yak claimed he could play both sides...
I dont blame Kruger for trying him there based on who we had..

We can also go with 3 scoring lines again next year and swap Hemsky with Horton..

Oilers Apologist

Jun 28, 2013
Edmonton, AB
The genius idea was that he could defend easier on the LW as a left-hander (perhaps this is one thing we can give Buchy the credit for?). All it ended up doing is making him look confused in both ends of the ice instead of just 1. He better be on the RW next season.

Personally I want to see him start with Nuge and Hall.

Draiskull

Oct 26, 2005
Ebs isn't going anywhere. Right now we have Hall-Nuge-Yak and Gagner-Ebs as a lock. What we need is a second line LW.

right now we also have Hemsky under contract and there are a few high value RWer avail via free agency\Trade..

Oilwings

Jan 23, 2006
604 Area

When did Gagner become a lock? I have a feeling MacT is bringing in a natural centre to replace Gagner hence why it is taking so long with Gagner's contract.

MetaOil1993

Jun 22, 2012
Edmonton
If Horton wants to come here then hes moving to the left not Yak. Yak started to rip it up once he was put in his proper position. I am going to be mad if Eakins keeps him on the left.

Trafalgar Sadge Law

Nov 8, 2007
Stay away from Horton, we don't need to be paying inconsistent 50 point players more than Hall. Especially if it means moving Yakupov back to LW. Yak looked like a completely different player after Hemsky got injured and Krueger finally moved Yakupov back to RW.

XxSnipEzZ93

Jun 25, 2013
Edmonton AB
Yakupov is a RW who shoot left, he has shown that his offensive game is very similar playing on either wing its just playing on the left wing he tends to make a lot of defensive mistakes. If the Oilers even get Nathan Horton, most likely Yakupov moves to the LW as I couldn't see him playing on the 3rd line behind Eberle and Horton but I doubt he signs in Edmonton. No free agent like Horton wants to sign in Edmonton lol. I've lived in Edmonton most my life and see why players would rather play elsewhere. As much as I think he is a good fit in Edmonton, I think they will have to sign someone for the west coast discount type deal, someone like Clarke Macarther.

Last edited:

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
probably the biggest reason Hemsky has to go. got to let Yaks thrive on RW. We need a LW. I actually think we should target Ryan Clowe.

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Yakupov is a RW who shoot left, he has shown that his offensive game is very similar playing on either wing its just playing on the left wing he tends to make a lot of defensive mistakes. If the Oilers even get Nathan Horton, most likely Yakupov moves to the LW as I couldn't see him playing on the 3rd line behind Eberle and Horton but I doubt he signs in Edmonton. No free agent like Horton wants to sign in Edmonton lol. I've lived in Edmonton most my life and see why players would rather play elsewhere. As much as I think he is a good fit in Edmonton, I think they will have to sign someone for the west coast discount type deal, someone like Clarke Macarther.

erroneous.gif

McGoMcD

Aug 14, 2005
Edmonton, AB
Stay away from Horton, we don't need to be paying inconsistent 50 point players more than Hall. Especially if it means moving Yakupov back to LW. Yak looked like a completely different player after Hemsky got injured and Krueger finally moved Yakupov back to RW.

no, we need Clarkson, Clowe or some other LW. We don't want the log jam back at RW. Yaks has to be nubmer two RW on gags line. would be nice if we got a good experienced LW on that side.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad