GDT: "Is There Anybody Out There?" | Oilers vs. Ducks (Part 2) | 4.22.2013 | 7:30 PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

OilerTyler

Disgruntled
Jul 5, 2009
Edmonton
large.png
@
large.png

DUCKS: 28-11-6 VS OILERS: 17-20-7

[fieldset=Game Info]
Game Day: April 22nd, 2013
Game Time: 7:30PM
Radio: 630 Ched.
TV: Sportsnet West
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Lineups]
EDMONTON​

Hall - Gagner - Eberle
Hartikainen - Lander - Yakupov
Smyth - Horcoff - Jones
Belanger - Smithson - Brown

Smid - Petry
Schultz - Schultz
Whitney - Potter

Khabibulin
Dubnyk

*I actually have no idea what the line combinations are​

ANAHEIM​

Ryan - Getzlaf - Perry
Winnik - Koivu - Cogliano
Palmieri - Bonino - Selanne
Etem - Steckel - Staubitz

Fowler - Lovejoy
Lydman - Beauchemin
Allen - Vatanen

Fasth
Hiller
[/fieldset]

[fieldset=Stolen From the Oilers Website]
Last 10: Anaheim 5-4-1; Edmonton 3-7-0

Season series: This is the third of three meetings and the second of back-to-back contests at Rexall Place. The Anaheim Ducks improved to 2-0-0 against the Edmonton Oilers with Sunday’s 3-1 victory. Anaheim has won 10 straight games in Edmonton.

Big story: The Ducks can clinch the Pacific Division title with a win Monday. They fell just short of accomplishing the feat Sunday due to the Dallas Stars earning a point against the Los Angeles Kings. It would be Anaheim’s first division crown since 2007, when they went on to win the franchise’s lone Stanley Cup championship.

Team Scope:

Ducks: Anaheim put an end to a four-game skid with Sunday’s victory against the Oilers. Jonas Hiller helped stop the bleeding in a 27-save performance and Nick Bonino had two assists in his return from a lower-body injury.

"It's great to have a win again after what has been happening for the last little while," Hiller told the Canadian Press. "We knew that we needed to play better, but sometimes it is not that easy. Tonight I think that everybody worked a little harder and that made the difference."

Oilers: Edmonton’s playoff drought officially reached seven years with Sunday’s loss to the Ducks. The Oilers haven’t qualified for the postseason since 2006, when they made a surprising run to the Stanley Cup Final before falling in Game 7 to the Carolina Hurricanes.

The Oilers have dropped seven of their past eight games.

"To have another season where we're out of the playoffs, another season where we're playing meaningless games at the end of the year, is very frustrating," winger Taylor Hall said. "It's something we're not proud of."

Who's hot: Ducks captain Ryan Getzlaf has two goals and four assists over the past six games. … Hall has four points (two goals, two assists) in the past three for Edmonton.

Injury report: Anaheim is missing defenseman Luca Sbisa (lower body). Sheldon Souray (lower body) did not play Sunday, but could play Monday. … The Oilers will be without Ryan Nugent-Hopkins (shoulder), Ales Hemsky (foot) and Lennart Petrell (leg)[/fieldset]

NewBoysClub97*

All-Star
Jun 1, 2012
Vancouver
Anybody know of any good spots to donate tickets to tonight? I have up to 6 I want to give away (All over $100 face value). Not wasting my time going.

Please no "donate them to me" ha ha. Some sort of kids charity, something?

dustrock

Too Legit To Quit
Sep 22, 2008
Going to the game tonight. We knew when we picked the tickets that it would either be a crucial game or completely meaningless.

Hoping I at least get the chips I like tonight.

:laugh:

nexttothemoon

and again...
Jan 30, 2010
Northern AB
Lots of Oilers fans are in full on tank mode and are pulling for Anaheim for what it's worth. You will take your first round matchup with San Jose and you will like it!

Man... are those pancakes smiling at me or am I just seeing things? I never noticed that before.

Maybe it's just the effects of 4 years of tank fumes finally getting to me. :)

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
I hope we lose but actually make a competitive and entertaining game. Hall's quote resonated with me. I didn't think anything of it until I readMc79hockey blog on Hemsky that I actually took a step back and thought about everything.

Hemsky is terrible, he is really the disease of this team. The guy puts next to no effort and is there only to collect a pay cheque. The millions we have spent on the guy is ridiculous. Its much more apparent how useless he is given that we have actual talent these days. Always first off in a practice, never ever wants to talk to the media about accountability, and seems generally content with getting time off every april.

He should be traded for a first in the 20's for him and our second or something. I want him gone from here.

Rejean31

Aug 14, 2003
Drunken Alley
Visit site
I hope we lose but actually make a competitive and entertaining game. Hall's quote resonated with me. I didn't think anything of it until I readMc79hockey blog on Hemsky that I actually took a step back and thought about everything.

Hemsky is terrible, he is really the disease of this team. The guy puts next to no effort and is there only to collect a pay cheque. The millions we have spent on the guy is ridiculous. Its much more apparent how useless he is given that we have actual talent these days. Always first off in a practice, never ever wants to talk to the media about accountability, and seems generally content with getting time off every april.

He should be traded for a first in the 20's for him and our second or something. I want him gone from here.

So you are basically saying that Hemsky is a quitter and only here to collect a paycheque, yet you think someone is going to trade you a first round pick for him. Do you see anything wrong with this picture??? :shakehead

flashy

In the name of Kane.
Dec 17, 2009
Edmonton
So you are basically saying that Hemsky is a quitter and only here to collect a paycheque, yet you think someone is going to trade you a first round pick for him. Do you see anything wrong with this picture??? :shakehead

Nope? the guy is good for at least 0.6 ppg. how many people past the 20th pick are going to do that?

HF really overrates draft picks.

Secondly we're trading him and our second. Which is going to be a low second. Try to read a little better.

Turrican*

Has Whitney even touched the puck in the past few games? I have not seen him on the ice.

gqmixmaster

Jun 1, 2006
I dont think whitney has been in the lineup, I have only passively been watching the games now as I get high and play nhl 13

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad