Is Rangers Management Doing Anything to Apologize to Fans?

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
A formal apology? Sales? Free concessions? Give aways?... Anything?

The damn Penguins are doing all of those. Are the Rangers doing anything to apologize for the lockout? Please do more than "Thank you fans!"... I know the Rangers are a valuable team and won't have any ticket sale issues when hockey's back, but even so that's not a good excuse to not offer anything. I'm sure they're doing something though. I just haven't heard anything about it.

And before anyone says stop complaining, you can just go suck a fat one. For being a loyal fan and giving these guys my hard earned money the second they get back to the ice, I wan't my god damn apology. And preferably not just in words. Do more than tell me you're sorry. Show me you're sorry.

Callagraves

Block shots
Jan 24, 2011
I don't think they will, and I don't really see why they should.

They didn't do anything to me.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Stanley-Cup.jpg

I want that. Apology accepted.

Made Dan

Jul 15, 2007
The Bronx, NY
He won't because he doesn't have to, we're gonna sell out regardless. Unfortunate for us but it is what it is. Just glad we'll have a winning team. (Although I'd prefer a situation like Pittsburgh where they have both :laugh: ).

frankthefrowner

Jan 13, 2007
Problem i think is even if they did some crazy cheap ticket sale. Scalpers woudl buy them up and sell em for a huge profit. Dolan got really pissed about Scalpers and the 12-12-12 concert.

Im sure they will have concession deals and merchandise sales. But they might be at random times through out the year.

KingWantsCup

#FightLikeHell
Jul 3, 2009
New Jersey
To be fair to them, Dolan was really pushing to get a deal done but they let him in the room.

Burkle was also very anti-lockout. He was even able to negotiate in December, and he could have very well said "Hey fans, I tried my best there. You can't blame me for this lockout." But nope. Pens fans are enjoying the best deals and free commodities as an apology from the Penguins organization. I mean, look at this.

The Pittsburgh Penguins will offer FREE selected concession items and “half off” all merchandise at the team’s first four games at CONSOL Energy Center.

Every fan attending each of those games will receive a voucher for three free concession items. Fans may choose from among hamburgers, hot dogs, chicken sandwiches, nachos, popcorn, pretzels, salads and fountain drinks.

All merchandise at “PensGear” stores will be half off for the first four games. The PensGear store in the main lobby of CONSOL Energy Center and PensGear at SouthSide Works will offer the half-off discount throughout the day on the first four home dates.

In addition, the Penguins will hold a week-long program of contests for fans to win exciting prizes leading up to the home opener. The contests will be held via social media and the team’s website. Prizes include:

A pair of tickets to every home game during the 2013 regular season
A road trip for two to see the Penguins play the Rangers in New York City (airfare, accommodations, tickets)
Three autographed jerseys – one each from Sidney Crosby, Evgeni Malkin and Marc-Andre Fleury
Four seats in the first row at the home opener, including dinner in the Lexus Club and limo service to and from the game
Two five-game mini-plans
Six lower bowl tickets to any regular season game
$700 of merchandise at PensGear

Training camp sessions at CONSOL Energy Center will be open to the public (free admission).

The Penguins will distribute promotional items at each of the first 15 home games. All fans attending the home opener will receive a gold “Great Day For Hockey” t-shirt.

http://penguins.nhl.com/club/news.htm?id=649706&navid=DL|PIT|home

NYRKING30

Apr 29, 2011
NYC
I cant really be mad when our owner wanted to play since day 1. I am sure he has wanted to play ever since the lockout began. At least we don't have an owner like Jacobs or a small market team. Our team is never handicapped from money issues and that is all I really care about at the end of the day.

Leetch3

Jul 14, 2009
Dolan 'dear fans, I'm sorry Gary is such a ******. It wasn't my fault we were locked out but know I hate bettman as much as you' lol

Clown Fiesta

Aug 15, 2005
Montana
When your fan base consists largely of bandwagon fans you are forced to do promotional things to attract new fans and bring back fans alienated by the lockout. The Rangers don't have that issue.

Boruto

Jun 27, 2011
nawwwww... whatever. An apology doesn't change anything. Why are people so bent on apologies and pride? Unless Dolan is my best friend and I want to know that he knows what he did was wrong (he actually did close to nothing imo) and that he won't do it to hurt our friendship again, I don't need an apology.

nyr2k2

Can't Beat Him
Jul 30, 2005
Maryland
I don't think our organization wanted the lockout to happen. And even if they did, they don't really care about us (the fans), so I'd rather not receive some empty apology.

Best way to make amends is to drop the ****ing puck and send out a winning product.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad