Is "Plan the Parade" the worst hockey jinx ever?

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Yeyeye another Leafs bash thread.

Not like theres been a number of teams that have gotten covers like that for the hockey news that amounted to nothing. Its almost like theyre not that great with their covers and shouldnt be taken seriously.

But hf gunna hf.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I won't bullshit anyone.....I am only in it for the schadenfreude.

But at least hopefully you recognize you contribute to the Leafs coverage. When they get all the clicks during these moments it only encourages the media to cover them more.

Even the Knights who a lot of people hate get hardly any coverage from losing compared to the Leafs. Honestly if they win they get Leaf fan clicks and if they lose they get leaf fan clicks plus schadenfreude clicks. Win / win

Yeyeye another Leafs bash thread.

Not like theres been a number of teams that have gotten covers like that for the hockey news that amounted to nothing. Its almost like theyre not that great with their covers and shouldnt be taken seriously.

But hf gunna hf.

meet-your-2019-stanley-cup-champsthe-winnipeg-jets.jpg

Hey look a team that has a worse record than the Leafs in the playoffs since this cover. Let's laugh at them being eliminated early yet again.

Oh we're not doing that? Interesting.

Reactions: Rob Brown

ijuka

May 14, 2016
But at least hopefully you recognize you contribute to the Leafs coverage. When they get all the clicks during these moments it only encourages the media to cover them more.

Even the Knights who a lot of people hate get hardly any coverage from losing compared to the Leafs. Honestly if they win they get Leaf fan clicks and if they lose they get leaf fan clicks plus schadenfreude clicks. Win / win

Hey look a team that has a worse record than the Leafs in the playoffs since this cover. Let's laugh at them being eliminated early yet again.

Dunno, that just doesn't have the same ring to it. The Leafs one sounds much more confident.

And they've at least been to the conference finals.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Dunno, that just doesn't have the same ring to it. The Leafs one sounds much more confident.

That was was in 2019. They have won less playoff games than the Leafs since then

NVious

Dec 20, 2022
No jinx, the Leafs had a tremendously talented young team and cap space, ultimately the core failed hard, management failed hard and their coaches failed hard. This cover may have had .00001% to do with that (on a high day)

No. Fans chanting, “we want Florida” is a bigger jinx.
It's crazy they wanted an 8 seed and not the best season performers in NHL history

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009

It literally says meet the Cup Champions and has a year tied to it. That is way more confident that it’ll happen cause they also picked a time that it’d happen lol.

snag

Feb 22, 2014

I consume what I want. Don't what I dont. I have no problem with it tbh.

DownIsTheNewUp

Mar 27, 2017
Tampa
The sad thing is the Leafs really have drafted and developed well. The thing that’s handcuffed them is that their star players have milked them for every last dollar of cap space and they’ve been underwhelming in the playoffs. Had those guys signed team friendlier deals, with extra depth I think there’s a good chance they would have won a cup by now.

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
The sad thing is the Leafs really have drafted and developed well. The thing that’s handcuffed them is that their star players have milked them for every last dollar of cap space and they’ve been underwhelming in the playoffs. Had those guys signed team friendlier deals, with extra depth I think there’s a good chance they would have won a cup by now.
we can and we will

Reactions: DownIsTheNewUp

RandV

It's a wolf v2.0
Jul 29, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
I wouldn't call it a "Jinx". The "plan the parade!" thing is typically something we Canadian fanbase use to mock each other, but The Hockey News doesn't shy away from unironically throwing up on its cover to sell issues. Basic headline click farming but for print, and looking back over the years with hindsight you'll find plenty of silly cover pages on a variety of topics.

Matty Sundin

Jul 18, 2006
That young core pre-Tavares definitely had a buzz around them but even I thought it was ridiculous. They say ridiculous stuff like this for promotion for sales and so you can remember it and post it 7 years later. I still remember the Kessel mug shot coach killer cover. Pretty sure they’ve done something like this for almost every team.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad