Is next draft deep one??

Status
Not open for further replies.

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
DR. Holiday said:
lol poor robbie he is a victim of the mean fans on hockeys future.

you don't even answer questions, you just continue to insult and be rude and offensive!

NYIschremp44

Oct 25, 2003
NYC
none of us know that this was definetly was the reason he left mississauga, and if it was, i agree, i can not agree with his decision, but that is not my place to voice that opnion. He does have the right to lead his life the way he feels fit, hes still a person. If he wants to quit hockey and stay home and drink all day, its his choice, not a good one, but still his choice to make! I don't have any personal ties to him, i just want to see the best possible talents make the nhl and perform. I wnat to see Crosby dominate the Nhl someday as well.

Kevin Forbes

Jul 29, 2002
Nova Scotia
www.kforbesy.ca
Off Topic

uhh first off I'm from Canada, living in Halifax right now, it's about 4 degrees C outside at the moment(just like my location says)
secondly I am a fan of the Ducks (so what?)
thirdly Chistov was said to be about the same as Kovalchuk talent wise, except for the size issue (some of my fellow posters provided details on this)
Also before his rookie season, Chistov basically didn't play for a year as he was part of a power struggle between the Russian Army and his Russian Hockey team (as was Svitov), so that has slowed his development
And, the Ducks are all looking close to invisible this year, (something to do with a shortened off-season, and they always start slow anyway...)

Anyway, no need to get all hot and bothered.....and next time try not to resort to personal attacks and make assumptions based on appearance, it really doesn't help your argument that much
It's one thing to be rude and offensive about Schremp, but I mean can I be cut some decency too, considering I'm right here

paul99

Sep 5, 2003
Montreal, PQ
JNRhockeyGURU said:
compared to last year i'd say it's pretty weak! i think top 6 can get a pretty good player and after that it becomes a crap shoot. But maybe thats because in comparison (in my mind) not too many drafts can compare to 2003's except maybe 1991. I see this draft unfolding like 2001's where there was the russian super star and the OHL prodigy at the top with not TOO much behind those 2

IMO, it is still too soon to judge correctly the 2001 Draft Selection. There are still players who has not yet began to play in NHL and who could be good\excellent or, why not, superstars in NHL. Other may have had a great start but may just not progress anymore. I consider we still need 3 or 4 years to have a better idea.

That is why when I made a little reseacrh lately about the history of the Draft Entry, i stopped it to 1995.

1991 was not such a great millesime. 60,8 % of draftees never played a single game in NHL, one of the worst record since 1980. Only 19,7% played more than 200 games, which is about the average for the period 1980-1995. Finally, 4,6% players became either superstars or excellent NHLers, which is well under the average of the period 1980-1995 (6,3%).

The best Draft Entry was 1980 when a third of the players selected ( 33,8%) played more than 200, a record for the period 1980-1995 and only 37,1% never played a game, which is also a record for that period.

As soon as I have so time left, I'll try to make a full report about all that stats.

X-SHARKIE

Before the draft last year, I saw Michalek,Zherdev,Horton, at the top 3 guys. Staal impressed, Fleury did, Vanek did, Kastisyn came from where? ect.

2004 has the top 10 that scouts love, but it's too early to say if it's deep. It wont be as bad as the 2002 draft I can tell you that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad