Is Montreal a Cup Contender with Toews

Is Montreal a Cup Contender with Toews

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Handshot

Jan 28, 2015
Does anyone honestly think that having Toews on any team would give them an additional 15 wins?

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
Screenshot_20180314-231234.png
Does anyone honestly think that having Toews on any team would give them an additional 15 wins?

Yes...

View attachment 104759

Reactions: Johnny Steps

GlitchMarner

Typical malevolent, devious & vile Maple Leafs fan
Jul 21, 2017
Brampton, ON
In his prime, when he was making less money, possibly.

One of their main weaknesses when Price was playing out of his mind was they had friggen David Desharnais as their number one centre.

Now? No.

SoCalFan

Jun 21, 2014
McKinney, TX
As the question poses.

your poll isn't even what that poster said. what a douche move by you.

he said with Toews they are closer and with the right moves could be a contender.

wtf is wrong with that? Toews game might not be where it used to be but acting like the guy is some scrub is hilarious. and who knows if they find a way to add others that they can't compete? hell, no one thought Vegas could do it. why not Montreal?

Reactions: KawaYui

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Toews would immediately become the Habs best center but does it make them into a cup contender ? As an Habs fan i don't think so.

There would be too many holes even with the acqusition of Toews. Ideally the Habs would need another top 6 C on top of that so that the ycan move Drouin to the wing and and a puck moving #1 LHD and another top 4 D

So no AINEC

Reactions: That70sline

V13

Fire Sell Tank
Sep 21, 2005
M1 Habsram
Also the Habs would be closer hade they kept Subban over Weber and Sergachev over Drouin imho

I was in a wait and see mode when the trades happened but as of now it certainly look like Bergevin will lose both.

StatisticsAddict99

Feb 24, 2017
Lol no, the Oilers, Avs and Panthers aren’t considered a contender with some of the best Centers in the league.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
If they still had Markov, Subban, Radulov, and Plekanec, and Pleks and Price were playing like it's 14-15 again, and they fit it all under the cap. Then maybe

Reactions: Oilers Propagandist

That70sline

Apr 23, 2015
your poll isn't even what that poster said. what a *****e move by you.

he said with Toews they are closer and with the right moves could be a contender.

wtf is wrong with that? Toews game might not be where it used to be but acting like the guy is some scrub is hilarious. and who knows if they find a way to add others that they can't compete? hell, no one thought Vegas could do it. why not Montreal?

I think its more about how bad montreal is and not Toews. Obviously he mention's with a couple of moves.. Well do those couple of moves include another top center, and top 4 defenceman, ?

Habs are too far off..

rent free

Apr 6, 2015
no. they'd be a better team, probably close to a wild card spot, but not cup contenders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad