Is Marian Hossa ready to play?

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Yeah, everything I've heard is that he's recovered very well and been practicing hard. The lockout probably did him a world of good by not making him have to rush his recovery in any way.

MadhouseOnMadison

Man crush on Amonte
Oct 15, 2010
So whatever happened with Torres' suspension?

I thought I remember hearing something about him trying to get it shortened back before the lockout even went underway.

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
So whatever happened with Torres' suspension?

I thought I remember hearing something about him trying to get it shortened back before the lockout even went underway.

His suspension was reduced by four games, meaning that he'll be sitting out the first eight regular season games this upcoming season.

Esq

in terrorem
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2009
Village in the City
Yeah, everything I've heard is that he's recovered very well and been practicing hard. The lockout probably did him a world of good by not making him have to rush his recovery in any way.

QFT. If there was one silver lining here, it is that the lockout probably means the Hossa is at 100% when the season starts. I don't think he was all the way there in October.

UsernameWasTaken

Let's Go Hawks!
Feb 11, 2012
Toronto
yes, he's ready.

there's an article about him in today's chicago sun times discussing the fact he's ready to play

http://www.suntimes.com/sports/1742...ut-blackhawks-marian-hossa-ready-to-work.html

But he’s ecstatic about being able to play again soon, too. He’s healthy — “I’m back to normal, and I can’t wait to play,” Hossa said — and there’s a tentative agreement in place between the league and the NHL Players’ Association that should end the lockout in a matter of days.

“It was great news to hear when I woke up this morning,” Hossa said. “We can move onto another page and just start playing again.”

Hossa said he’s fully recovered from his concussion, which he suffered in Game 3 of the Hawks’ first-round playoff series against the Phoenix Coyotes on April 17. Hossa was hit in the head by Raffi Torres, who still will be suspended for it when the regular season begins.

Hossa was able to work with the Hawks’ staff during the lockout because he was injured. But he was cleared medically in November.

“There was a lot of time off,” said Hossa, who is in Chicago. “And I had lots of time to work on my conditioning. When I came back in the beginning, I thought I was ready, but I wasn’t. The conditioning coach [Paul Goodman], the skating coach [Kevin Delaney] and the whole training staff did an excellent job with me when I was training here in September for four or five weeks or so. I’m thankful for them.”

Bubba88

Toews = Savior
Nov 8, 2009
Bavaria
We are winners of the lockout with Hossa and Toews get extra time to recover and Keith getting more time away from hockey

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad