Is Marc Bergevin the worst GM in the NHL?

Is Marc Bergevin the worst GM in the NHL?

• Yes, for sure.

• No. There are worst.

• Not the worst, but bottom 3.

Results are only viewable after voting.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal
Marc Bergevin has taken a core from 2012 that was very young and had some promising young players and turned it into what we see today, a team who's main core is past their prime and bloated with terrible contracts.

Is he the worst?

Crocoduck

Mar 3, 2013
Peterborough, Ont.
I'd say Chiarelli is.

1) Traded a franchise center (Seguin) for nothing.
2) Traded a top pairing young D-man (Hamilton( for a couple of picks.
3) Traded a legitimate 1st line winger (Hall) for Larsson.
4) Traded a top six-winger *Eberle) for Ryan Strome.
Wasn't Chiarelli already in Edmonton when Hamilton was dealt?

member 256847

He's certainly at the bottom of the pile. What a train wreck he's been in the last couple years too.

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
Definitely worst GM in Habs history...... Worse than Houle.......Definitely bottom teir of current GMs........ .Bargainbin fast approaching Mike Milbury status

Deficient Mode

Mar 25, 2011
Bottom three of Tallon, Chia, McPhee. Those three have all ruined their teams harder the past ocuple of years than Bergevin has.

Bergevin is awful but many GMs are.

Reactions: Peanut

CCM19

Not Phased
Apr 2, 2015
Bergevin tried to build a team that could possibly compete in the 90’s.

That is all that needs to be said

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
Definitely bottom 3. Could be the worst, but not sure. I voted "not the worst, but bottom 3" since that's the closest to my opinion.

TOGuy14

Dec 30, 2010
Toronto
I thinkhe is certainly in the discussion.

There is making a mediocre team that spins there wheels and goes nowhere, and then there is actively making your team worse, which I think MB has done.

Subban for Weber was bad at the time and only gets worse as Weber continues to age.

That contract for Price is joke. Signed until he is 39 at a 10.5M cap hit?

Sergachev for Drouin looks like another bad trade long term, but needs more time to decide

Letting Radulov and Markov go over what seems like an insignificant amount of money is another set of huge gaffes

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I don't know if he's the worst but he's certainly in the running for it. Took a good young core and destroyed it. Hired the worst coach in the league, shipped out Subban, has incompetent people running the minors... He's a really bad GM.

Bouboumaster

Jul 4, 2014
Voted "Bottom 3", it's either him or Sakic.

The Subban Trade plus this off-season might put him over Sakic as the worst GM in the league.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
You can't really create an ordered list that doesn't change with each passing move, but he's among the worst (how many others belong on such a list is open to interpretation). I'd say he belongs in the same group as Sakic, MacLennan, Chiarelli, Sweeney, etc.

Bleedred

Travis Green BLOWS! Bring back Nasreddine!
Sponsor
May 1, 2011
He's down there, along with Sakic, McPhee and Snow. Benning has been pretty bad, but at least he's tried to move in somewhat of a different direction. Sweeney is also pretty lousy, and Chiarelli has been pretty abysmal over the last 1.5 years.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad