Is LA intentionally giving less than 100% in the regular season and is it right ?

saskganesh

Jun 19, 2006
the Annex
The playoffs and post season are a real marathon. So it's a matter of pacing.

IMO, the big concern is picking up bad habits, making it impossible to gear up and play at a better level later.

startainfection*

The isles did it, the oilers did it, u gotta think that the redwings and Avs of the late 90s and early 2000s did it

The Night King

Mar 25, 2014
California
They just aren't that good.
They don't play their young players enough so not sure what you are talking about.

They got lucky in playoff crap shoot and won't win this year.

It don't matter cause they'll be irrelevant again in a few years.

Anyway, there's 0% chance they win cup this year so who cares what they do....

Tell us how you really feel. :D

serenity now

Dec 12, 2009
Lower California
Those boring Kings are at it again.

The 2012 Kings, struggled all the way thru the regular season, got their coach fired, Sutter came in and they didn't play much better, barely qualifying for the playoffs then turned it on and walked thru all 4 rounds toward their first cup.

Regular season, hard to watch. Playoffs, not so hard to watch.

The 2014 Kings, qualified early for the playoffs but set themselves up for a Bataan death march thru San Jose, Anaheim and Chicago before handling the Rangers in the finals.

Regular season, not as hard to watch (unless you spent a grand taking your whole family to Dodger stadium only to watch the Ducks shut them out).

Playoffs, hard to watch but difficult to look away. Ended up ok :)

2 completely different experiences though both resulting in a cup. As a fan, I thought the only way to win in 2014 was to win Pacific and avoid one of the hard matchups. I thought they would spend all their energy getting through the early rounds and have nothing left for Chicago or Pittsburg/Boston.

I was wrong.

This season, they are struggling again in the regular season (I spent a grand on a suite last week with my entire family and friends watching them blow a 3 goal lead, losing the Flames in OT). It is hard to watch and I fear they are playing a dangerous game which could result in missing the playoffs with so many good teams in the west. Do I think they are doing it on purpose? Absolutely no way and to suggest that they might be is ridiculous. 3 years of playing into mid/late June is taking it's toll on them but I have learned not to question their resolve come spring time.

I don't know how the 2015 version will end up. I will watch though. Because it will not be boring.

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
They just aren't that good.
They don't play their young players enough so not sure what you are talking about.

They got lucky in playoff crap shoot and won't win this year.

It don't matter cause they'll be irrelevant again in a few years.

Anyway, there's 0% chance they win cup this year so who cares what they do....

Wow might as well shut down the season now! And "got lucky in a playoff crapshoot"? The Kings beat 3 of the top teams in the league on their way to the Finals.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad