Injury Report: Is Jones playing through something?

stator

Apr 17, 2012
San Jose
Jones' strength is down low so the fact he's getting beat 5 hole means there's probably something wrong. I kinda hope he's hurt as long as it's not nagging or serious because the alternative means he's healthy and playing like trash for no reason.

Could be a contributing factor, but Jones gets beat on the 5-hole shot probably because he's compensating to guard his other weakness too much. These are quick wristers or toe drag past his ear on the glove hand, and squeezing daylight between him and the goal post, mostly on the right side.

To say his play is due to injuries is somewhat misleading because Jones has not been playing to his potential in the last season and a half. Like a MLB pitcher, he needs to get back to his mechanics, sort it out, and correct it.

I don't know, but did he have a change for his personal coach?

Jones has a partial NTC in which he would submit a 3-team trade list. The list could easily be “Rangers, Habs, Caps”. Then what? Do the Sharks play chicken and make him the backup with all that money they committed to him? If this past month is the real Jones (I don’t think it is, but for the sake of argument let’s say), we have a Pavelec, Ward situation on our hands.

I don’t think it’ll come to that but that’s how I think the situation would play out of Dell kept consistently outplaying Jones and the Sharks wanted to retain Dell.

I don't see DW trading Jones any time soon unless he has one heck of a package deal no GM would refuse. The problem with relying on Dell is what's the Pens are going through with Murray who's fallen back to earth. Not saying this will happen to Dell, but saying it's something to consider when trading Jones.

DW's poor choice of signing Jones inflated his salary by, perhaps, $1M AAV or more. They should sign Dell because as Jones has been playing last season and this, Sharks could use a competent backup. Don't know if Dell will accept a backup role or not. He may have been hinting so in that post-game interview two games ago.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
He could also pull a Fleury and waive to be a starter rather than a backup... not guaranteed but hypothetically possible

In Jones' case, they can trade him anywhere but they have until before July 1 to do it. But even in the most ideal scenario of Dell taking over the job and winning the Cup, I just don't see DW trading Jones and re-signing Dell.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad