Is it possible

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Well we haven't seen this in a long time, all because the NHL uses a points system to rank teams on a daily basis... can't think of any other Major Sports league in North America that does this... most rank on a teams record... winning percentage or points percentage.

1708954149729.png

BUT, to answer the Question posed by the thread creator..... mathematically yes, in reality NO. ... and it's been NO since the first week of January.

1708954456913.png

1708954361684.png

Last edited:

jbeck5

Jan 26, 2009
5. Tampa played 60 pts 69

7. Ottawa Sens. Played 55 pts 53
No. Stop.

They're 9 games above 500 and we're 2 games below 500.

We have to make up win 11 games more than them in the last 25 ish games.

OgieO

May 17, 2006
Halifax
Tampa has won a couple in a row but they do kinda seem to be fading. I don't think 92 or 93 points making the playoffs in the east is totally out of the question. Unlikely, but not impossible. I would love to win a few more in a row and make the rest of the season interesting. We need one of our goalies to get hot and stay hot the rest of the way.

Samboni

Jan 26, 2014
The team will play some good hockey until the end of the season but will fall short of making the playoffs again.

So we have another season with a disastrous start followed by decent play in the last 35 games. It sets up false hope for the next season as the cycle continues.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
We can target 93 pts and how maybe we can pass Tbay all we want, but the bigger issue is there are 5 other teams currently ahead of us saying the same thing.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
How long is Zub out? Can we make enough trades to better the team by next Friday, seeing as we're at the cap?

Doubtful, which is why they should have moved on from DJ in Nov.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
How long is Zub out? Can we make enough trades to better the team by next Friday, seeing as we're at the cap?

Apparently whatever it is wasn't something that happened in his last game, but rather something he'd been dealing with. Not sure if that's positive or negative though.

UglyPuckling

May 14, 2021
Anything is possible, but no.

On this 11-4-3 run, since January 13, they have made up a massive 3 points on TB.
Yep, and I think (iirc) we've managed to only leap frog 2 Eastern Conference teams: Columbus & Montreal .....?

Apparently whatever it is wasn't something that happened in his last game, but rather something he'd been dealing with. Not sure if that's positive or negative though.
All I've heard is lower body injury, but I did wonder if the current injury was related to a previous one. Zub has missed some games this year & had some injury woes for sure.

Last edited:

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Yep, and I think (iirc) we've managed to only leap frog 2 Eastern Conference teams: Columbus & Montreal .....?

All I've heard is lower body injury, but I did wonder if the current injury was related to a previous one. Zub has missed some games this year & had some injury woes for sure.
Jacques was asked if it was something that happened against Dal and he said, no it was something he'd been dealing with, not really a lot to go on

Reactions: DrEasy
Mar 20, 2006
Ottawa
Not really. Brutal amount of road games and a compressed schedule. Still rooting for good games and results, ingrain the Jacques lessons! This is half season training camp.

BonHoonLayneCornell

Oct 16, 2006
Yukon
I'm not prepared to buy in yet, still too far fetched imo, but if they could reel off say another 5, 6 or 7 in a row before another blip, I could believe.

BrawlFan

Apr 17, 2009
LONGGGGGGG SHOT

But we are the team I would pick to do it. I can’t remember any team that has the crazy streaks good and bad that Ottawa has.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad