GDT: is it panthers or pant-hers?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
I felt like when Aho missed that open net and they scored, i was like damn, thats game, then replay and was like ok not a goal, and we will have a nutty OT. But aho redeem it. And PK is elite
Not to mention just before that miss he had a guy sitting on him shoving his head into the ice which probably should have been a PP + misconduct, but ya know 2nd most penalized team was squeaky clean

AhosDatsyukian

Sep 25, 2020
Koochie was at .905 sv% going into tonight on the season, now up to .911. His career was .908, now .910. We'll see if he can ever get the consistency we're looking for in a 1a/clear #1, but man when he's on he's as good as any goalie in the league. What a great contract we have him on too, 3 more years after this year at 2mil/yr.

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Koochie was at .905 sv% going into tonight on the season, now up to .911. His career was .908, now .910. We'll see if he can ever get the consistency we're looking for in a 1a/clear #1, but man when he's on he's as good as any goalie in the league. What a great contract we have him on too, 3 more years after this year at 2mil/yr.

Patience is a virtue for goaltending. Many teams in the same situation would've panic-bought due to the postseason stakes, but they successfully worked through the issues in Nov/Dec and now Andersen is on his way to return. All eyes are now on NJ, TOR, and EDM for goaltending at this deadline.

MrazeksVengeance

VENGEANCE
Feb 27, 2018
GET SOME OF THIS YOU FU^KING GOBLINS.
Thank god for that, given THE EXISTENCE OF ORLOVPAID.

htdoc

Oct 30, 2018
Loved the all out effort by the team and great goalie battle. It was a very entertaining, playoff like atmosphere for a regular season game.

i hate that I was distracted by wildly inconsistent officiating. That’s the only thing that distracted from being such an amazing spectacle of entertaining hockey…What I wouldn’t give to have rules in place forcing referees to have to be interviewed after games and have to explain themselves. I fear we wouldn’t be able to get any officials and would have to cancel games due to the shortage though given the uproar that would happen if the public could hear refs try to explain themselves on a lot of these games and quality of their calling…. So many would be forced out of the game or would quit rather than have to face accountability…..

Boom Boom Apathy

I am the Professor. Deal with it!
Sep 6, 2006
Since Dec 12 (end of bad wc road trip and players only meeting), Kochetkov has a .932 sv%, which is the 3rd best sv% in the NHL out of 44 goalies that have played 12 games or more. I picked 12 because it was about 1/2 of the number of games top goalies played.

During this stretch, he’s 11-3-2 with a .932 sv% and 1.90 GAA.

He also leads with 4 PIM.

Last edited:

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
Since Dec 12 (end of bad wc road trip and players only meeting), Kochetkov has a .932 sv%, which is the 3rd best sv% in the NHL out of 44 goalies that have played 12 games or more. I picked 12 because it was about 1/2 of the number of games top goalies played.

Goalie PIMs are part of the reason we like PK

Tryamw

Loyal Fan of Jerks
Sponsor
Nov 2, 2016
Durham

So he's terrible and kill him? Should work harder to be number 1

Reactions: 3CanesInTheBox

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I don't like to bring up the officiating too much, but this, along with that other game recently, was pretty bad. The calls against us were quite legit as they often are, so no issues there. But they did miss what seemed like a couple of holds, an obvious trip shortly after the trip we were called for, and a couple of our guys tackled and held to the ice. I don't expect all of those to be called because that's not how it works in either direction. But you'd have to think ultimately it should have been about even in PP chances. It's good that it didn't have an impact on the game, but a few inches difference on the disallowed goal, and it might have been a factor. Anyway, still came out to be an excellent game all around despite that.

Pyotr has been really good and largely consistent in recent times. He obviously had the rough stretch with his confidence as the whole team did where he wasn't aggressive at all and played quite small. I said at the time I just wanted to see him get back to aggressive and confident Pytor because the results would eventually follow and he's done that and then some.

It's funny that some of our overall goalie stats still don't look great because of the rough start, but we have three goalies that have played pretty well for quite some time now and another on the way that could be a factor. I listen to a lot of different podcasts and read a lot of different articles, and it's interesting to see how little some folks pay attention when they talk about how bad our goaltending has been this year without factoring in how great it's been in recent months since the team got their shit together. The goaltending could still be an issue, and I can still see where some people might think an elite goalie could help push us over the top, but some people just flat out haven't paid attention to the level our current guys have played at recently. And, of course, when this team plays at its best, you can win with David Ayres.

SlavinAway

Registered Jerk
Sponsor
Jul 7, 2017
I’m still hyped up from that game. What a battle! I was listening to Marek’s show from yesterday and he was hyping the game up as most likely the game of the night but was definitely leaning into the Panthers are a juggernaut story line. I’m sure we’ll get discounted because Tkachuk and Forsling were out. But they didn’t come into the game without them, that was the Canes answering the bell early and matching Florida’s physicality. Just an all around great performance from top to bottom.

Borsig

PoKechetkov
Nov 3, 2007
Low country coast
The calls against us seemed fine, especially Jstaals painful double for high stick.

But the TWO missed high sticks on Martyparty, one right in front of the ref's face, the missed holds and interferences, were just par for the course.

Second most penalized team in the league. One call. One.

Not a bit sad about Svech showing up and putting out Tkachuk with a clean hit. Hits were flying all night.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad