Line Combos: Is it Lindholm's job to lose on our 4th line?

lifelonghockeyfan

Dec 18, 2015
Lake Huron
Maybe he played 13 minutes a night. Two in first, four in second. Leafs have 6-0 lead in the game. Rest the regulars and then Linholm plays 7 minutes in the final period

TDotMassive

Jul 13, 2018
6ix
Lindholm has looked solid... not spectacular, but solid in 4th line C role. Certainly nobody else even close right now... it's really his first stint on North American ice and he hasn't looked out of place. Seems he can PK and backcheck and do alot of the little things Babs likes away from the puck. Looks to be a virtual lock at this point for the role... and a great steal if he works out, especially considering we dumped 2 second round picks the last couple seasons trying to sort this out.

Antropovsky

Jun 2, 2007
.... I haven't watched alot, but every time I have seen Lindholm I've been pleasantly surprised. 4th line player... looks to have decent strength, skill and smarts. I'm more than happy with him starting as our 4th line Center.

luvdahattymatty

Apr 8, 2018
He has made the team folks. But the 4th line centre on this team will get between 4-6 minutes per game so it really does not matter that much. The real issue is that whole 4th line including Kappy and Johnnson getting crappy minutes too. Babs will get Kappy more ice on pk. Maybe they will shuffle 3rd and 4th line wingers over season. I dont think there is much between any of Brown Leivo Johnnson and Kappy in preseason. If anything i think Kappy has been the best of the bunch.

KPower

Jan 17, 2012
He has made the team folks. But the 4th line centre on this team will get between 4-6 minutes per game so it really does not matter that much. The real issue is that whole 4th line including Kappy and Johnnson getting crappy minutes too. Babs will get Kappy more ice on pk. Maybe they will shuffle 3rd and 4th line wingers over season. I dont think there is much between any of Brown Leivo Johnnson and Kappy in preseason. If anything i think Kappy has been the best of the bunch.
4-6 minutes? It’s not 1984.

Lindholm will average over 10 minutes/game easily.

Reactions: HymanLover

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
He should be fine as the 4th line center playing 8-10 minutes a night of ES+PK. I expect he'll probably pick up around 20 pts. Fine for what's expected of his position.

SHANNYPLAN

Nov 24, 2016
I went into the pre season thinking that Lindholm wouldn’t be a good enough player.

Andddd Man I was wrong

He’s looked amazing for a 4th Line C and could possibly pass as a 3 C on some non-contenders

Reactions: smitty10

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
I went into the pre season thinking that Lindholm wouldn’t be a good enough player.

Andddd Man I was wrong

He’s looked amazing for a 4th Line C and could possibly pass as a 3 C on some non-contenders

I could honestly see Kotka and him as Montreal's #1 #2 centers, as an example.

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
He seemed a bit overwhelmed early but looked really good in Montreal. Smart player, safe, works hard - was cycling well with Johnsson a few shifts in a row, eating minutes, which the coach loves.

He probably had a big adjustment to the NHL rinks and pace - needs some time.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
He seemed a bit overwhelmed early but looked really good in Montreal. Smart player, safe, works hard - was cycling well with Johnsson a few shifts in a row, eating minutes, which the coach loves.

He probably had a big adjustment to the NHL rinks and pace - needs some time.

He looked even better against Detroit. Will probably be fully up to speed by the end of October.

BoredBrandonPridham

Aug 9, 2011
Lindy would still be over 10 minutes considering our top 3 centers are on PP1.

Hadn't fully let that sink in, but it's true. Lindy will get a decent chunk of 5v5 in that case. Matthews, Tavares, Kadri on PP1 will probably only stick long term if 4th line C doesn't need sheltering and if there's a good cast of PKers available.

Cobra777

Jun 26, 2018
Wasaga Beach
Gauthier and the 4th line played really well against Dallas they were high energy and pinned Dallas in their zone for alot of their shifts with some chances and cycle and were all over the puck, Babs played them 10 min that night because of their work ethic so the Goat has a shot like anyone else at 6'5 we need some size, and no he wasn't as slow as peeps make him out to be, he was recovering from a brutal knee injury last year, dont understand all the hype of Linholm its like watching paint dry, Jonsson has been a huge disappointment this year as well done nothing but take penalties

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
Lindy has sucked, hate his game don't even know why he is on the team.

Boutette

Been there done that
Sep 28, 2017
So, is being moved to 3rd line wing from 4th line center a promotion or a demotion?

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
He's still figuring things out. The Goat came in and played very well against Dallas. Lindholm needs to get going if he wants to stay in the lineup.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $354.00