Is fighting allowed in Junior b ?

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
I think it is.

It is allowed in the sense that it happens, but carries a game misconduct. 3rd fight in the season a one game suspension, and it cascades from there. 6 is an indefinite suspension. Also any fight/ game misconduct in the last ten minutes carries a misconduct.

http://www.ohf.on.ca/sites/default/files/2013-14 Min Suspension List - Junior - Poster.pdf

There are definitely tough players that can throw down, but your true enforcers are getting to be rarities. This past season the league averaged only .34 fights per game, so if you want to be in the line-up you have to bring more to the table than fighting.

Shootmaster_44

Sep 10, 2005
Saskatoon
Out East might be a bit different, but I know in Alberta and Saskatchewan that while not encouraged is a bit of a selling point. I don't have hard numbers, but in following the Lloydminster Bobcats of the AJHL (Junior A) and the Lloydminster Bandits of the NEAJBHL (Junior B), that Bandits games feature more fights. Same with the difference between the Saskatoon Blades of the WHL (Major Junior) and the Saskatoon Quakers/Wesleys of the PJHL (Junior B).

VaughanBender72

The Pain Is Coming
Aug 4, 2014
Toronto
It is allowed in the sense that it happens, but carries a game misconduct. 3rd fight in the season a one game suspension, and it cascades from there. 6 is an indefinite suspension. Also any fight/ game misconduct in the last ten minutes carries a misconduct.

http://www.ohf.on.ca/sites/default/files/2013-14 Min Suspension List - Junior - Poster.pdf

There are definitely tough players that can throw down, but your true enforcers are getting to be rarities. This past season the league averaged only .34 fights per game, so if you want to be in the line-up you have to bring more to the table than fighting.

What about in OJHL do they allow fighting with no limits.

4thline

Jul 18, 2014
Waterloo
they are under the rule of the OHA, OHF (I think) covers minor hockey.

OHA is a body subordinate to the OHF, with OHA being responsible for most junior and senior hockey. So I'd say the same rules apply when it comes to fighting.

The EOJHL is out from under that umbrella because Eastern Ontario is not part of the OHF

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad