Is Connor Hellebuyck tracking to be a HHOFer?

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
Sounds like a lot of teams could use your grandmother in net, however.

After you get rid of Hellebyuck and Ehlers, you will have some decent capspace to sign your grandmother with.
My Grandmother played in the old NML.

She was 413/59/7 in 479 games with a 1.61 GA/.947 SV.

She also made the bestest Apple Pie in the whole world.

PocketNines

Cutter's Way
Apr 29, 2004
Badlands
One of hockey's permanent problems is it has two seasons with two different levels of difficulty, and most of its fans and nearly all of its paid yappers prize the people who master the easier one

Five Goal Connor going into the Hall of Fame is an embarrassing thought. Just embarrassing for anyone to have. I remember in the 2019 series how his performance was the difference maker there too. He crumbles under pressure.

Players who routinely crumble under pressure aren't the best to ever play ... just a general all around fyi for fans of sport ...

Kranix

Deranged Homer
Jun 27, 2012
Strange that with both skaters and goalies, in a 5-a-side, 20 man roster sport, fans elevate and denounce the individual based on playoff success.

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Back then the Vezina is what the Jennings trophy is now known as.
Staring goalie for the team that allowed the fewest goals (changed to a shared trophy if the backup played in 25)

It changed to the Vezina we currently know in 1981.
I understand that, but still doesn't explain why you'd leave them out and say only 3 goalies have won 2 Vezinas + 400 wins.

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
Strange that with both skaters and goalies, in a 5-a-side, 20 man roster sport, fans elevate and denounce the individual based on playoff success.
This is so true. While I totally think it matters and failing to produce every playoffs or producing a lot every playoffs does show something, I think it's it given weigh too much weight. Too much focus on too few games. Everyone goes through hot and cold streaks. Take McDavid for example, he currently has 10pts in 4 games.....what if he scores 3pts tonight in a win and then they get swept in 4 games in round 2 with him scoring only 4pts....that gives him 18pts in 8 games.....he does that every year for 10 years (I know this isn't very realistic). After the 10 years, playoffs starts are 80 games played and 180pts....that looks incredible, but it's not like scoring 180pts after 80 consecutive games.

Silky Johnson

I wish you all the bad things in life.
Mar 9, 2015
London, UK
What’s with all these replies he needs a “few more Vezinas” and some people add AND a cup AND a Smythe? How many goalies of the last couple decades even have more than 1 Vézina OR a Smythe? You’d have to think a goalie Smythe is a lock for HHOF. As well as a single Vézina while being a top tier goalie in this league… for goodness sakes…

Not saying HE IS a lock, but come on… a COUPLE Vezinas, AND a Smythe and what else?
Imagine if 3 harts or Art Ross's were the bar for forwards and 3 Norris's for D men....

The hall of fame would only induct people every 5 years...

Reactions: Rodgerwilco

Toby91ca

Oct 17, 2022
It will have little bearing on whether he makes it or not.
History seems to suggest it will. I may be off, but from what I can tell....there are 39 goalies in the HOF. Remove Tretiak from that for obvious reasons....of the remaining 38, only 6 haven't won the cup and of those 6, only 1 hasn't been to the finals. That 1 was also a Hart Trophy winner and he wasn't inducted until 12 years after he died, 32 years after he retired.

Reactions: Andreas Ferrari

SnowblindNYR

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 16, 2011
Brooklyn, NY
One of hockey's permanent problems is it has two seasons with two different levels of difficulty, and most of its fans and nearly all of its paid yappers prize the people who master the easier one

Five Goal Connor going into the Hall of Fame is an embarrassing thought. Just embarrassing for anyone to have. I remember in the 2019 series how his performance was the difference maker there too. He crumbles under pressure.

Players who routinely crumble under pressure aren't the best to ever play ... just a general all around fyi for fans of sport ...

Most records and awards are regular season awards.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad