Is Connor Hellebuyck tracking to be a HHOFer?

RJMA

Feb 15, 2023
2 vezinas (which he'll now have) + 400 wins should get him in

Only 3 goalies have ever achieved that: Belfour, Roy, Brodeur.

Bobrovsky is 4 wins away.

Outl4w

Dec 16, 2011
FL
2 vezinas (which he'll now have) + 400 wins should get him in

Only 3 goalies have ever achieved that: Belfour, Roy, Brodeur.

Bobrovsky is 4 wins away.
Apparently putting up Gretzky and Lemieux numbers as the third player in the history of the NHL to ever have 40 plus goals and 100 assist in the same season isn't even MVP numbers. So since he is russian they will probably won't let him in . His accomplishments and stats should make him a first ballot HOF goalie.

• Haha
Reactions: TheStatican

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
I'm not a huge MAF fan but 3 cups, 4 finals appearances, 2nd all time in wins. Ya that's HHOF worthy.

Yea, Hellebuyck could have had more wins behind those guys than MAF but he didn't.

Never seen anything more HHOF worthy in my life.

Not really. He was the starter for one of those cups (and really wasn't even that good in 2009, sans his secret service save). He was an a absolute pumpkin 2010-2015 and it's no coincidence the Pens didn't win another cup until they benched him for Murray.

Second all time in wins? Congrats, he racked up a bunch of wins playing with two of the top three players of his era. He was nominated for the Vezina literally once in his career and arguably wasn't even the best goalie that year.

Reactions: I am not exposed

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
Not really. He was the starter for one of those cups (and really wasn't even that good in 2009, sans his secret service save). He was an a absolute pumpkin 2010-2015 and it's no coincidence the Pens didn't win another cup until they benched him for Murray.

Second all time in wins? Congrats, he racked up a bunch of wins playing with two of the top three players of his era. He was nominated for the Vezina literally once in his career and arguably wasn't even the best goalie that year.

That's the thing though. No one asks how it happened, they only care that it did. Jake Allen is still a Cup Champion no matter how you look at it and that's all that matters at the end of the day.

jigglysquishy

Jun 20, 2011
Regina, Saskatchewan
That's the thing though. No one asks how it happened, they only care that it did. Jake Allen is still a Cup Champion no matter how you look at it and that's all that matters at the end of the day.
This thread is literally people asking how it happened.

Fleury getting benched for a rookie during the Cup win is a huge part of his legacy.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street

... not when the selection committee decides who they are going to induct.

Do the people that make the decisions or the people that post on forums like us?

Pat Maroon for the hall of fame then?

Jets

All hat, no cattle.
Sponsor
Oct 23, 2010
Winnipeg
Unfortunately Hellebuyck has gained a bit of a reputation for not being a great playoff performer and this season has been no different. Until he can get over his playoff demons and become a difference maker that carries some wins that aren’t deserved, he won’t be a HOFer in a lot of fans eyes.

613Leafer

May 26, 2008
Yes - has a Vezina and two other top 3 Vezina finishes (plus finished 4th another year), and will almost certainly win the Vezina this year.

He's definitely on track.

Reactions: hn777

Xerloris

reckless optimism
Jun 9, 2015
St.Louis
... not when the selection committee decides who they are going to induct.

Pat Maroon for the hall of fame then?

Can you not tell the difference between Pat Maroon and MAF? No one goes into the HOF only because they won a cup, like Pat but trying to take away someones cup wins because they were a back up goalie is what doesn't matter. They still won them.

Last edited by a moderator:

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Osgood has 400 wins and 2 Cups as a starter. Only Fuhr, Hall, Plante Sawchuk, Belfour, Brodeur, Roy have done the same.
And the only thing at which he was better at than all those netminder is at being a redhead.

Andreas Ferrari

Dale is the GOAT!!!
Apr 4, 2015
WinnerPeg
hellebad.jpeg
hellebad.jpeg

My grandmother could have better stats than that.

And while I'm here Nik Elhers has a grand total of 4 goals in 34 playoff games.

If I was the GM they would be gone before next season.

Bear of Bad News

Your Third or Fourth Favorite HFBoards Admin
Sep 27, 2005
View attachment 859640View attachment 859640

My grandmother could have better stats than that.

And while I'm here Nik Elhers has a grand total of 4 goals in 34 playoff games.

If I was the GM they would be gone before next season.

Yeah, we did this a few pages ago (in fairness, the other guy managed to only post the picture once.)

Sounds like a lot of teams could use your grandmother in net, however.

• Haha
Reactions: Bone Density

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
A few more years at this level and he is a lock.
He’s already a lock. He’s been a top 5 goalie for a 7 year stretch and counting. Will likely have multiple Vezina’s with multiple other seasons where he received votes. Playoff success isn’t going to be weighed as heavy for goalies brought in during the 30-32 team era. It’s incredibly hard to win cups now. Luongo broke the playoff success wall as far as goalies needing to be considered clutch to get into the HHOF.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
Can you not tell the difference between Pat Maroon and MAF? No one goes into the HOF only because they won a cup, like Pat but trying to take away someones cup wins because they were a back up goalie is what doesn't matter. They still won them.

Sure, but there's a massive difference between being a passenger and being the guy.

MAF was only "the guy" for one of his cups wins, or one and a half if you include 2017. & he wasn't even that good in 2009, its not like he put up some historic performance.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: I am not exposed

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad