Is Charlotte Ruining Ric Flairs Legacy?

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
Let's be honest. Charlotte is beyond being sub par when watching her wrestle/sell and charisma when compared to her father. Naitch was always everything he said he was. A good wrestler, talker, and performer for decades. Within Charlotte coming into the WWE we have seen Ric cry, have his daughter rip off his gimmick at every turn, and bury his son who committed suicide within a couple of months of her arrival. She also won the title riding his accolades and theme music basically because she has shown very to little charisma. (Just a side note: I think someone realized this and she will begin to be buried after this "story line" with Paige).

I understand he is trying to be a good father and allowing her to do these things to get ahead by any means necessary. But, I have personally found Ric Flair's legacy to be tarnished by the pandering that has been shoved down our throats by the WWE to believe that we have found the next Flair in the dreadful Diva division.

Ric Flair is an actual ICON in the Wrestling world. I think what WWE has done is an injustice to his legacy, even though I am aware he likely needs the money above everything else. It just seems awful that they would bring him into her story lines this much just to make a buck. Give the guy a little respect and dignity to retire on.

THIS is why I don't like Charlotte and won't ever spend a dime to see her.

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
No Charlotte is not ruining Ric Flair's legacy. Charlotte is only preventing herself from creating a legacy of her own. I think people are intelligent enough to separate the two people and the two gimmicks and judge them on their own.

GarbageGoal

Courage
Dec 1, 2005
RI
Let's be honest. Charlotte is beyond being sub par when watching her wrestle/sell and charisma when compared to her father. Naitch was always everything he said he was. A good wrestler, talker, and performer for decades. Within Charlotte coming into the WWE we have seen Ric cry, have his daughter rip off his gimmick at every turn, and bury his son who committed suicide within a couple of months of her arrival. She also won the title riding his accolades and theme music basically because she has shown very to little charisma. (Just a side note: I think someone realized this and she will begin to be buried after this "story line" with Paige).

I understand he is trying to be a good father and allowing her to do these things to get ahead by any means necessary. But, I have personally found Ric Flair's legacy to be tarnished by the pandering that has been shoved down our throats by the WWE to believe that we have found the next Flair in the dreadful Diva division.

Ric Flair is an actual ICON in the Wrestling world. I think what WWE has done is an injustice to his legacy, even though I am aware he likely needs the money above everything else. It just seems awful that they would bring him into her story lines this much just to make a buck. Give the guy a little respect and dignity to retire on.

David Flair.

That should have ruined his legacy, and didn't come close.

She's still young and will be fine. Cut her a break.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No... Ric Flair ruined his own legacy first of all... and his daughter has zero impact on what he did in the ring. Absolutely none.

Emperoreddy

Show Me What You Got!
Apr 13, 2010
New Jersey, Exit 16E
Absolutely not. Charlotte has zero baring on Ric's legacy.

She does need to stop trying to get over via Naitch's legacy because it's failing badly. At least as a face.

I think the Flair gimmick might more better as a heel as some of Ric's best gimmicks are heel tactics.

Figure 8 needs to go along with the Roman Reigns spear.

Blitzkrug

Sep 17, 2013
Winnipeg
If David couldn't since he was so godawful, i highly doubt someone who shows at least a smidgen potential like Charlotte does. (as much as i dislike her)

tp71

Enjoy every sandwich
Feb 10, 2009
London

Did Reid and David ruin it? No.

AfroThunder396

[citation needed]
Jan 8, 2006
Miami, FL
No, but it's pretty clear Charlotte is quite overrated. Without Sasha and Bayley to work with she has trouble carrying her matches. She's better than a lot of the crap in the women's division but it's pretty clear she's not up to par with Paige/Sasha/Becky/Bayley.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Nothing undoes what Flair achieved. His legacy isn't ruined, it isn't being ruined and it won't be ruined. He's one of if not the greatest of all time. Nothing changes that.

bruins309

Krejci Fight Club
Sep 17, 2007
No, and she never will.

Way too early to judge her on main roster at 3-4 months but what I do know is like just about everyone she is poorly booked. Bears no resemblance to the NXT Charlotte of 2014/15.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Cripes, why does everyone hate Charlotte so much? She hasn't been great, but she's not "is she runing her father's legacy?" bad, right?

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
For those under thirty, I wonder where they'd rank flair in their list of greats. The guy should be top five, but my lord his career was laughable for about ten years.

Morozov

The Devil Killer
Sep 18, 2007
Flair's feud with Lethal in TNA was still more entertaining, even with the state of Flair at that point, than most of the cookie cutter crap that gets put out today.

Part of that was becaue Lethal is great as well.

The whole needing to make himself bleed every week thing wasn't great though :laugh:

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
What a dumb thread. :shakehead

No, she is not ruining her fathers legacy.

He's had other siblings that have done a far better job...

Deen

Feb 19, 2010
What a dumb thread. :shakehead

No, she is not ruining her fathers legacy.

He's had other siblings that have done a far better job...

Dumb? So you don't think Charlotte is piggy backing off the Flair name? Even morbidly so?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Dumb? So you don't think Charlotte is piggy backing off the Flair name? Even morbidly so?

Piggy-backing the name or the gimmick doesn't alter the legacy of the person being piggy-backed off of. It has nothing to do with Ric's legacy.

Oct 18, 2011
No she's still developing.

But the fact that she did not put her foot down when WWE creative wanted to use her brothers suicide as part of an angle is exactly the problem with the young talent in WWE. When something is crap you need to spell it out to them.

She should not be getting alot of promo time, Charlotte's best asset is her athleticism, she should be a silent killer

Acallabeth

Post approved by Ovechkin
Jul 30, 2011
Moscow
Cripes, why does everyone hate Charlotte so much? She hasn't been great, but she's not "is she runing her father's legacy?" bad, right?
I guess everyone hates her because people can only get in love with one wrestler at time. Daniel Bryan was a prime example, now Sasha Banks is. Charlotte has won the championship before their crush did, so she's now the worst wrestler ever.
I hope nobody expected Charlotte to be better than her dad :help:

Sacha Baron Corbin

Jan 19, 2011
I guess everyone hates her because people can only get in love with one wrestler at time. Daniel Bryan was a prime example, now Sasha Banks is. Charlotte has won the championship before their crush did, so she's now the worst wrestler ever.
I hope nobody expected Charlotte to be better than her dad :help:

Oh come on, you can't compare Charlotte to DB and Sasha, both are clearly miles better in ring and on the mic.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad