Rumor: Is Atkinson next?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Who needs offense anyways. And I heard Atkinson next contract is going to be a problem. Get rid of all these ungrateful players who can score goals. We don't need that kind of attitude messing up the rest of the team.

We Want Ten

Make Chinakov Great Again
Apr 5, 2013
Columbus
Who needs offense anyways. And I heard Atkinson next contract is going to be a problem. Get rid of all these ungrateful players who can score goals. We don't need that kind of attitude messing up the rest of the team.

1/10. Try harder.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite

Yeah, Cam has proven to be a real a-hole in negotiations. It took all of 5 minutes for him to sign his last deal, that rat *******. He didn't even hold out for part of training camp! Scum bag.

Dumais

It's All In The Reflexes
Jul 24, 2013
Yeah, Cam has proven to be a real a-hole in negotiations. It took all of 5 minutes for him to sign his last deal, that rat *******. He didn't even hold out for part of training camp! Scum bag.

Yeah, but he's a proven 20g guy; time to move on. Better to have futures than pay him 6m a year like Saad.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Yeah, but he's a proven 20g guy; time to move on. Better to have futures than pay him 6m a year like Saad.

My point is that Johansen WAS a doosh in negotiations and this, in some way, likely contributed to his departure. Cam has never been a problem, so your silly comparison above has no basis in reality.

JKinCLE

killing time @ work
Jul 10, 2012
Cleveland, Ohio
Would you accept a 1st for Cam?

I'd be tempted. Without admitting it, the FO has to know this is a lost season.

I have soft spots for guys the same size as me who can hack it in the NHL, I'd like to see him as a career Jacket.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
Would you accept a 1st for Cam?

I'd be tempted. Without admitting it, the FO has to know this is a lost season.

I have soft spots for guys the same size as me who can hack it in the NHL, I'd like to see him as a career Jacket.

I don't think we'd get a first. It would likely be a 2nd and a middling prospect. I'd pass.

EDM

Mar 8, 2008
Why would we trade Cam? A young, versatile, 2 way forward, PP & PK 20+ goals per year. If they made this trade, then I have to admit I would have to consider where I stand with this team. Atkinson is young enough to be part of the future. Torts loves him. There is no need to move him whatsoever. He is one of the most exciting player to watch on this team, perhaps the most exciting.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
Its another ****** rebuild! We'll get through it in another 2-3 years!!!!!!!! Amazing how a serious contender can go into rebuild mode within 3 months!

First off - LOL

Trading Johansen signals a rebuild? :popcorn:

Trade deadline should be interesting

Light the Lamp

Apr 21, 2015
The only way I see Cam going to the Rangers is if they take on the Clarkson contract. NYR can afford Clarkson monetarily, but probably don't have the cap space.

Nordique

Add smoked meat, and we have a deal.
Aug 11, 2005
Ohio
25-30 goals would be outstanding and is attainable if Cam has a good second half. I would think there could be some teams coming calling, but I don't think we give him up. He's a very cheap option for a steady goal scorer and he's played well for Torts.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
Agreed. I'd only consider a 1st round pick. Like others have said, we have no need to trade him for anything less than overpayment.

For the Rangers first? Nah. I doubt picks alone wouldn't even get a conversation started. Especially for a divisional foe.

Teams are going to want to look at us and see if we're rebuilding. There will be vultures circling. Atkinson seems like part of the core moving forward, I don't see this happening unless it's just something we can't turn down.

blahblah

Nov 24, 2005
25-30 goals would be outstanding and is attainable if Cam has a good second half. I would think there could be some teams coming calling, but I don't think we give him up. He's a very cheap option for a steady goal scorer and he's played well for Torts.

Here's the thing, Atkinson is actually developing into something other than a transition player. He can actually fore check now. He's also playing better in the defensive zone.

What's interesting is how consistent he's been during the teams struggles. For the first time I see real development into a complete player.

WannabeFinn

Beloved One
May 31, 2014
Columbus
simulationhockey.com
Atkinson's contract is a bargain with his current production. His speed is something we need to keep on this team. Really need to explore Hartnell/Tyutin trades if cap space is what we're looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad