Is Adam Ruzicka the real deal?

What is Ruzicka's ceiling

• Total voters

Thierry

May 30, 2006
Montreal
I was looking for more Intel on this player as I'm not too familiar with the Flames but I didn't find much on their board and the search tool didn't help me all that much.

Tremendous start of the season when he got to play with now 13pts in 14 games. 23 years old but a 4th round pick. Flash in the pan or a bona fide productive player?

biturbo19

Jul 13, 2010
40-60Pts is a pretty big range for a category. That really spans two very different "types" or "caliber" of player.

From a Middle-6 "tweener" to a clear cut Top-6, borderline Top Line winger.

GermanSpitfire

EU Video Scout for McKeen’s
Jul 20, 2020
www.mckeenshockey.com
Great example of a player that needed time to develop - Calgary gave him that time and now it's paying off.

I don't think he is a PPG player - anything above the third line and you're expecting too much in my opinion.

Michoulicious

Dec 9, 2014
Dunno, but let's just say Slovakia looks incredible with the amount of recent top talent they produced.

Adam Růžička (23 y old)
Šimon Nemec (18 y old)
Juraj Slafkovský (18 y old)
Filip Mešár (18 y old)
Dalibor Dvorsky (17 y old)
Martin Chromiak (20 y old)

Starts to look like a good young core for that national team.

Reactions: HockeyWooot

treple13

Sep 1, 2013
I'm pretty sure most people don't expect him to stay at a point per game rate. He has looked like he might play himself into a consistent 2nd or 3rd line role though.

Play

Time to play the game
Nov 12, 2021
Russia
Dunno, but let's just say Slovakia looks incredible with the amount of recent top talent they produced.

Adam Růžička (23 y old)
Šimon Nemec (18 y old)
Juraj Slafkovský (18 y old)
Filip Mešár (18 y old)
Dalibor Dvorsky (17 y old)
Martin Chromiak (20 y old)

Starts to look like a good young core for that national team.
Yup.

Volica

Papa Shango
May 15, 2012
Solid middle 6 winger/centre with a massive body and some good skill.

He's not going to be a PPG player in the NHL over his career, but he has all the tools to carve out a really nice career for himself and his family. He was excellent breathing life into the first line, and now he's been great with Backlund.

Best part? Didn't make the starting roster out of camp, but stayed ready and when his number was called he didn't look back. Second year in a row Calgary's turned a non-first round pick that they seasoned in the AHL./NHL into a real big time player for them.

Reactions: Fig

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad