Introductions/Behind the Posters II

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
Was a long time lurker here, started posting the last couple months of the season.
Name: Jon

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Harding

Fav Current Wild: Granlund, Brodin, Suter, Parise

Fav Non Wild Players: Subban, St. Louis, Stamkos

Fav Wild Prospect: Matt Dumba- Just watch his juniors highlights. If he can translate that to the NHL he has the potential to be an electric player

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Not draft eligible till 2015 but I am interested to see if McDavid lives up to the hype.

Fav Movies: The Usual Suspects

Music: I can jam to anything but country

Hobbies: Gaming (Actually is my job as well as a hobby), listening to podcasts, live music, eating at new restaurants.

Fav food: Not picky at all. Anything chicken, pasta, steak & potatoes. Love Walleye anyway you cook it, grilled, fried, baked, etc.

Fav Beer: Not a beer snob at all. Summit, any kind of summer wheat beer, and a cider beer during the fall and winter months. I do enjoy trying all the Oktoberfest beers as well.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: My Dad took me to a game in 2000 and I have been hooked ever since. Favorite moment was being in my Dad's basement for game 7 in 2003 vs the Avalanche. My Mom was asleep upstairs. My Dad and I felt no shame in waking her with our screaming on Bruno's goal.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since Day 1, been a season ticket holder the last 2 years.

Origin of screen name: Was a nickname that came from my Youtube channel. Yes, if you think you recognize me from there, it is me. Please don't make a big deal about it. This place is my escape from all that to talk about my hockey passion with other fans.

Jerseys owned: Suter (red), Koivu (new green), Plain green North Stars.

Married?: Gf

Kids: Lets hope not anytime soon.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
@BurnsyMN

you're the twitter famous MinnesotaBurns? I've followed your Wild related tweets this post season and enjoyed them. Can I ask what it is you do in the gaming world and your history of gaming? I'm a big competitive gamer myself, (or used to be, attended MLG events and played Halo competitively). I've briefly lurked your youtube channel but surely there is more to your popularity. Did you play competitive MLG cod too?

Also been a season ticket holder since day 1, but can't say I attended every game like you. :)

Edit: I didn't read the origin of your screen name...so I apologize. Just want to know who exactly I have been following on twitter.

SupremeNachos

Dec 6, 2011
Minnesota
Name: Charlie

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Andrew Brunette and Richard Park

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, Parise, Suter, Backstrom, Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Stepan, McDonagh, Rinne, MSL, Burns

Fav Wild Prospect: Lucia or Dumba

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Barkov and Gibson

Fav Movies: Any Given Sunday, A Bridge Too Far, Restrepo, Training Day, Boondock Saints, The Transformers Movie (the original one) to name a few

Music: Atmosphere, Lupe Fiasco, Van Halen, Linkin Park (Hybrid Theory), Volbeat, Jay-Z, Nas and The Offspring are probably my favorite groups/artists. I also listen to a lot of late 60s to mid 70s rock, but I will not tolerate country music :shakehead

Hobbies: Fishing, Hunting, Gaming

Fav food: Any kind of Korean food

Fav Beer: Not a huge drinker any more, but I dont mind a nice cold Summit

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: My favorite moment would have to be 2003 first round game 6 being behind the Avs net at the Xcel with Richard Park scoring in OT.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since day 1.

Origin of screen name: Playing SC and CS competitively back when CAL was still around (was in CAL-I and CAL-M)

Jerseys owned: Mike Modano, Mikko Koivu Home, Zach Parise Road, Richard Park, Ryan Suter Home, Niklas Backstrom and my personal favorite Brett Hull Blues Jersey

Married?: Not yet (Broke up with my gf of 4yrs 1 week before Valentines Day :cry:

Kids: No

Swervin81

Leaf fan | YYZ -> SEA
Nov 10, 2011
Seattle, WA
Was a long time lurker here, started posting the last couple months of the season.
Name: Jon

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Harding

Fav Current Wild: Granlund, Brodin, Suter, Parise

Fav Non Wild Players: Subban, St. Louis, Stamkos

Fav Wild Prospect: Matt Dumba- Just watch his juniors highlights. If he can translate that to the NHL he has the potential to be an electric player

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Not draft eligible till 2015 but I am interested to see if McDavid lives up to the hype.

Fav Movies: The Usual Suspects

Music: I can jam to anything but country

Hobbies: Gaming (Actually is my job as well as a hobby), listening to podcasts, live music, eating at new restaurants.

Fav food: Not picky at all. Anything chicken, pasta, steak & potatoes. Love Walleye anyway you cook it, grilled, fried, baked, etc.

Fav Beer: Not a beer snob at all. Summit, any kind of summer wheat beer, and a cider beer during the fall and winter months. I do enjoy trying all the Oktoberfest beers as well.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: My Dad took me to a game in 2000 and I have been hooked ever since. Favorite moment was being in my Dad's basement for game 7 in 2003 vs the Avalanche. My Mom was asleep upstairs. My Dad and I felt no shame in waking her with our screaming on Bruno's goal.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since Day 1, been a season ticket holder the last 2 years.

Origin of screen name: Was a nickname that came from my Youtube channel. Yes, if you think you recognize me from there, it is me. Please don't make a big deal about it. This place is my escape from all that to talk about my hockey passion with other fans.

Jerseys owned: Suter (red), Koivu (new green), Plain green North Stars.

Married?: Gf

Kids: Lets hope not anytime soon.

I think I know your YT channel. It's a shame you had to be too discreet. If your last name was Trollston, maybe people would recognize you more ;)

Welcome aboard and hopefully you last longer here than your Xbox Live accounts do :laugh:

That being said, I've always wondered how much sponsors on YT make. Just out of curiosity.

PariseNation

I hope so
Apr 15, 2014
Twin Cities
I'm going to put you on blast, B. It's pretty incredible you have more twitter followers than the team itself, but this is 2014. Keep doing what you do and I won't discuss it here. Go Wild!

Last edited by a moderator:

StealthClobber

A Digital Frontier.
Feb 7, 2013
Minnetonka, MN
Name: Kyle

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Every member of the 2013-14 team.

Fav Current Wild: The two currently active Wild players I met when they were on the Aeros, Granlund & Kuemper, and also Harding & Bryz.

Fav Non Wild Players: Selanne, Thomas, Luongo, Scrivens, Lundqvist, Stamkos, Bernier

Fav Wild Prospect: Holla!

Fav Non Wild Prospects: I don't really follow other teams prospects

Fav Movies: Ocean's Trilogy, The Dark Knight, Me Myself and Irene, Jarhead, plus a couple miniseries that might as well be listed here, Band of Brothers, Generation Kill and The Pacific.

Music: (in alphabetical order) Beatsteaks, CKY, Daft Punk, Gorillaz, HIM, La Roux, Linkin Park (the early stuff, not that new crap), Metallica, MSI, Rammstein, Robyn, Slipknot, U2, and most jazz as well

Hobbies: Video Games, Hockey, Formula 1 racing, Video editing, Photography, Guitar

Fav food: Pizza

Fav Beer: Don't drink a whole lot of beer yet, the only one I can say I like yet is Blue Moon.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: I became a fan when I went to college at St. John's University up in St. Cloud. My friends in freshman year in 2010 introduced me to hockey, and I fell in love with the game within the next couple years. Went to my first game on November 5th, 2010 against the Flames. My first hockey game was a college game against St. Thomas at St. Cloud State's hockey arena.

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since the 2010-11 season.

Origin of screen name: Long ago in the year 2000, there was a game called Command and Conquer: Renegade. On an affiliated website, there was a screen name generator. I put in my first and last name, and it came up with Stealth Clobber. It stuck, and I wouldn't ever think of going by anything else.

Jerseys owned: Used to just be the green for a long time, but now I've got em all. Koivu green, new Parise white, Harding red, plus an Aeros jersey signed by most of the team when I met them last year before they moved to Iowa. As for non-Wild jerseys, I have a Hossa Blackhawks alternate jersey (the WC one), Crosby Penguins blue alternate, Lightning, Giroux Flyers 2012 Classic, and Ovechkin Capitals.

Married?: Nope

Last edited:

BurnsyMN

Mar 27, 2014
St Paul
@BurnsyMN

you're the twitter famous MinnesotaBurns? I've followed your Wild related tweets this post season and enjoyed them. Can I ask what it is you do in the gaming world and your history of gaming? I'm a big competitive gamer myself, (or used to be, attended MLG events and played Halo competitively). I've briefly lurked your youtube channel but surely there is more to your popularity. Did you play competitive MLG cod too?

Also been a season ticket holder since day 1, but can't say I attended every game like you. :)

Edit: I didn't read the origin of your screen name...so I apologize. Just want to know who exactly I have been following on twitter.

I started doing youtube for fun and it gained enough popularity where I could do it for a living. I've also done work for EA, Activision, Ubisoft, Respawn Entertainment, etc. I used to be really into competitive halo (sucks that it died), and i play competitive cod just for fun. Amazing how "e-sports" has grown. I think the Dota 2 championship prize pool is at like $6 million now or something absurd like that.

TheTimeKnife

Mar 11, 2014
Oregon
Ive lurked for a while, I usually don't post much but I'm a big forum buff and that may change in the future. God knows Im a power user on too many already.

Name: Albend (Not my actual name, but its been my screen for a decade)

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Koivu

Fav Current Wild: Koivu, and alternately Spurgeon.

Fav Non Wild Players: St.Louis, Burns, Jagr, Kopitar, Broduer, Skinner, Miller, Subban and an overly specific love of goal tenders.

Fav Wild Prospect: Zucker, kid simply has wheels. I was sitting right behind our net when he scored his first goal and it was just amazing to watch. Love this kid.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Barkov, kid is so underrated its not even funny. Mackinnion may be able to skate circles around people, but Barkov just plays the whole sheet so well.

Fav Movies: Blade runner, Pulp fiction, Memento, Alien, Cabin in the Woods, Looper.

Music: Beethoven, Iron Maiden, Flogging Molly, Eminem, Lunasa, its extremely eclectic. I'm part deaf because of a nose injury when I was young that damaged my inner ear pressure which makes it hard to understand lyrics, grew up with a very tonal appreciation of music.

Hobbies: Hockey analytics, spend about an hour every day perusing articles and telling people they are wrong in my head. I also play right D in beer leagues. I also usually jog about an hour everyday. I am a massive gamer, logged around 3000 games total on league of legends and have a steamlist that borders on my most valuable piece of property. I play just about everything shooters, RTS, adventure, point and click, MOBAs. I also really enjoy hiking and fishing, nothing like hiking 10 miles into the woods to find a small lake, personal slice of heaven.

Fav food: Pizza, family is from New York, born and raised to consume as much pizza as possible.

Fav Beer: Nordeast

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Went to a couple games as a kid, but was never really a devout fan. One day I walk in on the game, and I just see Koivu dominate the ice and score an insane goal. I've been an absolute fanatic ever since.

How long I have been a Wild fan: 3 years

Origin of screen name: I was a kid who misread a word in a final fantasy game while creating a user for runescape, but thats an awful story so I pretend I'm secretly middle eastern.

Jerseys owned: Fernandez, hopefully soon Brodin or Spurgeon as well.

Married?: Probably not

Kids: I have roommates with the ability to handle situations remarkably like children

Shoresy

May 1, 2014
Florida
Name: Alex.

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian Gaborik.

Fav Current Wild: Zach Parise, Jared Spurgeon, Mikael Granlund, Nino Niederreiter.

Fav Non Wild Players: Nathan MacKinnon, Steven Stamkos, P.K. Subban.

Fav Wild Prospect: Jason Zucker, Erik Haula.

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Jacob Trouba? I don't really have a favorite.

Fav Movies: Lone Survivor.

Music: Hip-Hop/Rap.

Hobbies: Hockey, Ultimate Frisbee, Lifting.

Fav food: Too many to list.

Fav Beer: I'm 18.

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Nino scoring in OT/I was born a Minnesotan.

How long I have been a Wild fan: As long as I can remember.

Origin of screen name: First initial, last name, my hockey/frisbee number.

Jerseys owned: Gaborik and Koivu.

Married?: I'm 18.

Kids: I'm 18.

Last edited:

FinPanda

Team Finland 2022 WHC champions
Mar 13, 2014
Vaasa, Finland
Name: Suvi

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mikko Koivu

Fav Current Wild: Parise, Pominville, Haula, Koivu, Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Olli Määttä, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane

Fav Wild Prospect: Dumba

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Teuvo Teräväinen, Kasperi Kapanen

Fav Movies: 28 days later, and a lot of romantic movies

Music: Idk

Hobbies: I walk and run

Fav food: Pasta, Pizza, Poronkäristys (idk what it is in english) and smashed potatoes (and of course lingonberry jam)

Fav Beer: I don't drink much, but maybe Karjala

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: I liked Wild jersey and I like the way how Wild play.

How long I have been a Wild fan: About 2 years

Origin of screen name: I just wrote something, I didn't think what I write

Jerseys owned: Nope.

Married?: No

Last edited:

Puhis

Nah.
Jul 4, 2011
Jaervenpaeae
Name: Suvi

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Mikko Koivu

Fav Current Wild: Parise, Pominville, Haula, Koivu, Granlund

Fav Non Wild Players: Olli Määttä, Aleksander Barkov, Valtteri Filppula, Jonathan Toews, Patrick Kane

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Teuvo Teräväinen, Kasperi Kapanen

Fav Movies: 28 days later, and a lot of romantic movies

Music: Idk

Hobbies: I walk and run

Fav food: Pasta, Pizza, Poronkäristys (idk what it is in english) and smashed potatoes

Fav Beer: I don't drink much, but maybe Karjala

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: I liked Wild jersey and I like the way how Wild play.

How long I have been a Wild fan: About 2 years

Origin of screen name: I just write something, I didn't think what I write

Jerseys owned: Nope.

Welcome to our humble community!

Poronkäristys is (according to Wikipedia) "sautéed reindeer", but I reckon most people will know what you're talking about if you just mention reindeer in the dish. And I agree, it tastes excellent, especially self-made.

mnwild16

May 29, 2014
Duluth, MN
Long time reader, finally decided it was time to join in on the discussion.

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Richard Park

Fav Current Wild player: Suter

Fav Non Wild Players: Stamkos

Fav Wild Prospect: Tuch

Laredo

Feb 26, 2013
Minneapolis, MN
im pretty casual around here, i mostly lurk or come here to talk **** and get useful information. some day i will post a GDT with my amazing photoshop er MSPaint skilz

Name: matt

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): modano, i was born in dallas but raised in st paul, only team my family watched was stars/nstars until the wild came into the world. but now i despise the stars with unmeasureable levels of hatred

Fav Current Wild: probably parise, love his style and grit next is nino or granny for the same reasons

Fav Non Wild Players: s. fedorov p. kessel p. datsyuk with a dash of malkin and a hint of gaborik

Fav Wild Prospect: maybe dumba, i really dont pay a lot of attention to our prospetcs sad to say. does jason zucker count? his breakaway goal against detroit had me drooling

Fav Non Wild Prospects: i guess im not enough of a hockey fan to know =(

Fav Movies: tropic thunder, the beach, dumb and dumber, pulp fiction and lots more, fav movies are hard to list.

Music: foo fighters, mastodon, metallica, the shins, portugal the man, minus the bear, eminem, wu tang clan, kendrick lamar, deadmau5, curren$y, nas, kanye west. it's extensive and deep :P

Hobbies: traveling, video games, snowboarding, surfing, partying fishing, fixing cars and aircraft

Fav food: pizza, wings, burgers, beer, any italian, indian food

Fav Beer: haven't found her yet

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: i live here, i cheer for my local teams, but koivu/parise/suter sealed the deal

How long I have been a Wild fan: since 07, never paid much attention to them before that =(

Origin of screen name: my jeep

Jerseys owned: fedorov home jersey, blank throwback coyotes jersey, blank blackhawks jersey, blank rangers jersey, kessel leafs jersey, parise alt jersey

Married?: nope, single!

Kids: 0

also i go to A LOT of games... this is me in my favorite shirt so if u see me at a game holla at me!

earhcGN.jpg

Slick Willy*

Last thread got full. Continue here.

Old thread

Name: Thomas

Fav All time Minnesota player (Wild or North Stars): Marian

Fav Current Wild: Suter

Fav Non Wild Players: Gaborik

Fav Non Wild Prospects: Any MN-born HS draftee

Fav Movies: 'Basketball Diaries'

Music: Anything accept techno

Hobbies: Golfing, golfing, and GOLFING. Playing hockey outdoors in Winter.

Fav food: Cheese and bread.

Fav Beer: I'm in recovery

Fav Wild moment/how I became a fan: Gaborik five goal game - born and raised in St. Paul

How long I have been a Wild fan: Since inception

Origin of screen name: Bill Clinton's nickname - it cracks me up.

Jerseys owned: Too many to list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad