News Article: Interview with Rangers prospect Pavel Buchnevich

True Blue 96

Jul 23, 2009
S. Huntington, NY

AHB*

Can someone explain the contract situation with him? So we obviously own his rights, but how does it work in regards to his contract/ELC/Etc.

Thanks in advance.

Inferno

Nov 27, 2005
Atlanta, GA
a little interesting that hes at least sorta talking about staying in Russia...a lot of the kids who you know are going to come over, say it openly. hes not.

not super worried, because he did come to train with the big boys didnt he? but still interesting nonetheless.

BleedinBLUEsince92

Oct 30, 2009
Northern NJ
a little interesting that hes at least sorta talking about staying in Russia...a lot of the kids who you know are going to come over, say it openly. hes not.

not super worried, because he did come to train with the big boys didnt he? but still interesting nonetheless.
Same here, when I read that it was a little concerning to me. The way I see it, if it's between KHL or AHL he rather play in Russia. If he can play for the Rangers that's what he'll want. If he doesn't make the team out of camp next year maybe the Rangers will let him sign a contract in the KHL with a NHL-outclause

GAGLine

Sep 17, 2007
Can someone explain the contract situation with him? So we obviously own his rights, but how does it work in regards to his contract/ELC/Etc.

Thanks in advance.

His contract with Severstal is up at the end of this year. Once that commitment is done, I'm sure the Rangers will offer him a contract. The only option is a 3 year ELC, but it's possible that we will sweeten it with some performance bonuses.

After that, it's up to him, but I see no reason why he wouldn't sign.

AHB*

His contract with Severstal is up at the end of this year. Once that commitment is done, I'm sure the Rangers will offer him a contract. The only option is a 3 year ELC, but it's possible that we will sweeten it with some performance bonuses.

After that, it's up to him, but I see no reason why he wouldn't sign.

Thanks, that's great. So in essence, he'll have an older ELC than most N.A. players who are drafted?

Raspewtin

May 30, 2013
Thanks, that's great. So in essence, he'll have an older ELC than most N.A. players who are drafted?

Not necessarily. When his season is over he will have just turned 20. That's when most NA players get signed.

FLYLine27*

BUCH
Nov 9, 2004
NY
" You started the season very well, but once you got the Player of the Week award your production went downhill."

Rude.

The WJCs can't come soon enough, so exicted to see him this season, and Duclair who I think will likely be on team Canada.

DutchShamrock

Nov 22, 2005
New Jersey

I thought he was being diplomatic towards Russians. That was a very non committal response and I just take it as he doesn't want to upset the fan base.

offdacrossbar

misfit fanboy
Jun 25, 2006
da cuse
Shot across the bow.

He doesn't want to play in Hartford. Can you blame him ?

Hell come over to play a top 9 role. Hes good enough to earn that spot. He'll be the most offensively talented forward on our roster but hell need to learn English and a new country and a new family.

Hell be fine.

Minkus

Strangers
Feb 1, 2014
Houston, TX
Might be nice to have a Russian on the roster to help him ease into the transition when the time comes (like Gonchar with Malkin and later Nichushkin) but that's not really a good reason to sign a player I guess. Not necessary, just a luxury. Too bad we don't have Arty anymore.

Alessandro Seren Rosso

Jun 21, 2004
Europe
thehockeywriters.com
I thought he was being diplomatic towards Russians. That was a very non committal response and I just take it as he doesn't want to upset the fan base.

Yes, I have this impression too. Remember that he comes from a not too big city, everyone knows him up there, everyone knows that he'll go to the NHL, but if he says in the middle of the season "that's all, I'll go to the NHL", of course the fans would be very very upset. Wouldn't you be upset too if Rick Nash in the next interview says "I'll go to the KHL"? Of course it's a hyperbole, but you got the point.

darko

Feb 16, 2009
" You started the season very well, but once you got the Player of the Week award your production went downhill."

Rude.

The WJCs can't come soon enough, so exicted to see him this season, and Duclair who I think will likely be on team Canada.

I don't see how that's rude. :dunno:

Dorado*

Not sure where he fits on the roster unless we fail to sign someone .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad