Interesting tidbit on Sam Gagner...

MomentsofSanity

Sep 20, 2005
London, ON
superjonathan said:
not mention stealing mcrae with the last pick in the first round because of the threat of him playing in the NCAA.

Don't know if I'd call it a steal so much as everyone knew he wouldn't report anywhere BUT London if he decided to play in the O this year.

turnbuckle*

If the Knights somehow manage to add Bodker, and Montgomery along with Kane, Gagner and McRae, they will be an exciting young team to watch again next year, and likely challenge in the west, certainly in 2007-08.

Jordan Foreman - Sam Gagner - Sergei Kostitsyn (euro)
Travor Kell (oa) - Phil McRae - Adam Perry
Josh Beaulieu - Rob Drummond (oa) - Pat Kane
Chris Ferguson - Matt Clarke - Matthew Davis
Kyle Moore - Tucker Hunter - Kelan Herr

Defence
Ryan Martenelli (oa) - Matt Pelech
Scott Aarssen - Kevin Montgomery
Corey Syvret - Kevin Bodker
Andrew Wilkins - Corbin Crawford

Mason
Euro goalie?

Looks like a solid squad to me, especially if they can add a solid Euro goalie in the import draft. I don't suspect the club will be able to land Montgomery, but the others are distinct possibilites.

HabLover

Mar 2, 2002
Sandspit
Visit site
Balej's Dance said:
So Kane and now Gagner?

No Perry? No Schremp? No Bolland? No problem.

These guys will only be 17 and 18, still fairly young, both probably not ready to dominate just yet............and McRae only 16.

dabobcan

Aug 2, 2005
London, Ontario
turnbuckle said:
If the Knights somehow manage to add Bodker, and Montgomery along with Kane, Gagner and McRae, they will be an exciting young team to watch again next year, and likely challenge in the west, certainly in 2007-08.

Jordan Foreman - Sam Gagner - Sergei Kostitsyn (euro)
Travor Kell (oa) - Phil McRae - Adam Perry
Josh Beaulieu - Rob Drummond (oa) - Pat Kane
Chris Ferguson - Matt Clarke - Matthew Davis
Kyle Moore - Tucker Hunter - Kelan Herr

Defence
Ryan Martenelli (oa) - Matt Pelech
Scott Aarssen - Kevin Montgomery
Corey Syvret - Kevin Bodker
Andrew Wilkins - Corbin Crawford

Mason
Euro goalie?

Looks like a solid squad to me, especially if they can add a solid Euro goalie in the import draft. I don't suspect the club will be able to land Montgomery, but the others are distinct possibilites.

I'm pretty sure that Pat Kane was guaranteed top line minutes by Hunter while convincing Kane to come next year. Plus I dont see Adam Perry playing ahead of him.

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
orangeandblack said:
i agree, i highly doubt that kane wont be on the 1st line.

Kane's offense should THRIVE in the OHL but I'm a bit worried about his defensive development as he's pretty much offense only right now.

It's the only reason that I feel he should've went the NCAA route, but he's definately going to put up a ton of points in the OHL.

bigd

Jul 27, 2003
Balej's Dance said:
So Kane and now Gagner?

No Perry? No Schremp? No Bolland? No problem.
You guys are jumping the gun on Kane. He hasn't commited to anyone yet.

turnbuckle*

orangeandblack said:
i agree, i highly doubt that kane wont be on the 1st line.

You highly doubt that Kane won't be first-line winger ahead of Kostitsyn? You didn't see ANY London Knights games this season did you? I like Kane, but they're not just going to hand him a top line position after all Sergei accomplished this season.

Chuck Schwartz

Dec 11, 2004
Wisconsin
www.buckyhockey.com
Jon Prescription said:
I don't think it's THAT bad of a decision. I just don't think he'll become as complete a player as the NCAA tends to make it's players.

I know, the CHL isnt that bad of an option. Although i'm obviously in favor of the NCAA just because thats where I come from. I wasnt serious when I made that comment...just bitter.

turnbuckle*

I saw Kane play - I like him. Read my above revised comment on why he shouldn't be handed a top line spot

turnbuckle*

BTW - I'm not a London Knights fan - I like the 67's and Olympiques...but I do know that Hunter is a good coach, and won't just shun players who have earned top-line status for a hot shot rookie. Kane may see some top-line time by the end of the season, but I highly doubt that it will be at the expense of Kostitsyn.

Boomhower

Aug 23, 2003
Ontario
Visit site
turnbuckle said:
BTW - I'm not a London Knights fan - I like the 67's and Olympiques...but I do know that Hunter is a good coach, and won't just shun players who have earned top-line status for a hot shot rookie. Kane may see some top-line time by the end of the season, but I highly doubt that it will be at the expense of Kostitsyn.

Kane plays center.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad