Interesting Player Meetings...

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
So, in Toronto for meetings and every hotel is booked for some Microsoft conference.

Stuck at last minute hotel near the airport and I wind up meeting half the NHL!!!

Turns out Bauer is filming marketing videos/commercials at Scotiabank Pond for their new products.

Wound up meeting Ekblad, Galchenyuk, Eichel, Simmonds, Bishop, Larkin, Hillary Knight and a few other AHL guys. Also, got to take a couple of pictures with Toews to send to my kids. Apparently, Kane is here but I didn't see him.

Drank some beers with the Bauer marketing guys in the hotel bar. Super nice guys. Ran into one of them this morning in the lobby and he gave me a couple of shinny sticks and a hat to give to my kids. Super cool.

Let's just say my kids were really jealous!!!

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Wow so Toews is not only slacking off on vacation, he's filming commercials too. Will his lack of hard work ever end!?

x Tame Impala

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Aug 24, 2011
Cool story though man. Did you melt into the floor when you saw those guys? It had to be pretty amazing

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Yeah. Kane was here.

Just saw Toews again. Met and took pics with Auston Matthews. Staying on my same floor. Big kid

Apparently the shot footage with Kane and ekblad today. Toews, Matthews and Hillary Knight tomorrow.

Backyard Hockey

Dealing With It
Feb 13, 2015
Cool story though man. Did you melt into the floor when you saw those guys? It had to be pretty amazing

I wouldn't say melt, but it was pretty cool.

Was pizzed that I had to stay all the way by the airport because of a conference (when the fun and my client meetings are downtown).

Chilling at the hotel bar and you see Aaron Ekblad walk in and then go to take a leak and Toews is sitting there talking to Ben Bishop. Very cool.

Also talked to some mom and her kid (about a 10 year old squirt). Kid was from near London, ON and won some online contest. He was on the ice with Kane and Ekblad - skating/filming/playing 3 bar. How cool is that. Saw the family in the lobby this morning and the kid still had a grin from ear to ear and totally decked out in Bauer swag.

Nice dudes all around.

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
I've only met a few NHL players/former players by accident a few times, but Chicago Bears players/former players are a different story. I see those guys around all the time and I know a few former players personally.

A lot of former and current Bears live in my area/town.

Of course when I was younger I went to school with their kids...

HawksFan28

Apr 2, 2006
Takes time away from being Machu Picchu Toews to shoot worthless commercials but is missing the convention :facepalm:

Well, you can certainly take it as fact that the oddest place (or unique place) to meet and NHL'er is at Machu Picchu. :laugh:

In that situation you can honestly say "well I wasn't expecting that to happen"...

I still like that story.

You can bet no one would have believed him had he not had a camera lol...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad