Interesting Info: Part XVIII (Jackets-related "tidbits" here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I feel like we're gonna trade the pick. Jarmo didnt really want to talk about Puljujarvi and said they were gonna keep things close to heart and things were gonna get interesting closer to the draft because of trades and that hes been getting a lot of offers and they're very lucky to have the 3rd pick.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

I feel like we're gonna trade the pick. Jarmo didnt really want to talk about Puljujarvi and said they were gonna keep things close to heart and things were gonna get interesting closer to the draft because of trades and that hes been getting a lot of offers and they're very lucky to have the 3rd pick.

It doesn't matter whether Jarmo is in love with him or not. Plenty of people are. So either we pick him or Jarmo gets a great haul for him. Both are wins for the CBJ.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
It doesn't matter whether Jarmo is in love with him or not. Plenty of people are. So either we pick him or Jarmo gets a great haul for him. Both are wins for the CBJ.
Its just a lot more nerve racking for the fans is all. Cheveldayoff was on right before saying how lucky they are to get Laine how they love him blah blah blah. And then Jarmo comes on all cryptic saying they are gonna keep things close.

We just have to sit here and debate what were gonna do until next friday night instead of being happy that we're getting Puljujarvi. But I understand why hes doing it, just frustrating is all.

Trading for someone like Duchene signals we are in win now mode.

Johansen2Foligno

CBJ Realest
Jan 2, 2015
I will reserve judgement until I see what actually happens. I think Columbus is in a great situation, but I won't discount snatching defeat from the jaws of success.

:laugh:

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada
Its just a lot more nerve racking for the fans is all. Cheveldayoff was on right before saying how lucky they are to get Laine how they love him blah blah blah. And then Jarmo comes on all cryptic saying they are gonna keep things close.

We just have to sit here and debate what were gonna do until next friday night instead of being happy that we're getting Puljujarvi. But I understand why hes doing it, just frustrating is all.

Trading for someone like Duchene signals we are in win now mode.

Id rather end up with Puljujarvi aswell but in fairness Duchene is only 25

GoJackets1

Someday.
Aug 21, 2008
Montana

To me, this all seems like some classic misdirection.

LetsGOJackets!!

Mar 23, 2004
Columbus Ohio
Id rather end up with Puljujarvi aswell but in fairness Duchene is only 25

Trade other assets for Duchene - I'm hearing he is expendable to the Av's - trade them JMFJ and a pick or two for this year & next year. We have not drafted this high since we go Nash...don't step on your own dick now.

Buyout Clarkson.. buyout Tyutin set yourself up to be very competitive right now.

Thanks for the correction Crede777 - I always forget Murray was the 2nd pick.

Last edited:

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009
Trade other assets for Duchene - I'm hearing he is expendable to the Av's - trade them JMFJ and a pick or two for this year & next year. We have not drafted this high since we go Nash...don't step on your own dick now.

Buyout Clarkson.. buyout Tyutin set yourself up to be very competitive right now.

We drafted Murray #2.

I'd be ok with using the #3 to get Duchene or RNH. Not that it'd be my first choice, but if that's the way we decide to go, I think it's better than trading down to 8th for something like a 2nd round pick. If the Jackets are set on screwing up what should be a foolproof situation, there's worse ways to do it.

Then again, Portzline seems convinced the Jackets won't move the pick to get an established player.

Just for once it'd be nice to say "we won the lottery, there are 3 franchise players, and we're definitely going to get one (for once)." Instead, we have Jarmo in the corner saying "I don't know... I don't think he's a franchise guy."

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
Trading for Duchene would be putting new paint on a broken down car. This roster can't compete next year for the cup. That's a trade you make to get to that status. Not worth it

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
Trading for Duchene would be putting new paint on a broken down car. This roster can't compete next year for the cup. That's a trade you make to get to that status. Not worth it

Depends what you trade. Adding a 1C is not putting new paint on a broken down car. If he was 30 ish I'd agree but at his age he would be a great addition. This team would automatically be better with him at C and Jenner/Foligno staying on the while allowing Dubi to be a very good 2C.

Rychel and Johnson plus next year's #1 and I'm all in. This team will never compete for a Cup without an upgrade at C imo. Adding Duchene would be a nice addition.

The Jackets are probably not going to be a Cup contender next year even with adding Duchene but they will be a lot sooner than without a guy like him.

Crede777

Deputized
Dec 16, 2009

If Duchene were 32 I would agree.

At 25, he will be around for a good while. At worst I see him as a 1B.

Again, it isn't my first choice, but it's better than targeting a guy in the draft who won't be in the NHL until 2018. We aren't in win now, but we also aren't in "3-4 years from now." We should be targeting guys who can make an impact next season and continue to be with the team for a while.

NotWendell

Has also never won the lottery.
Sponsor
Oct 31, 2005
Columbus, Ohio
This is how Jarmo ramps up maximum trade value for the pick. Doesn't mean he actually trades the pick. He's giving us more options. I have no problem with this.

major major

Feb 18, 2013

You've got to work on your metaphors.

That's a nice metaphor for the Canucks maybe, if they took on Ribeiro. You're talking about a 25 year old #1C (a structural element not a veneer), and a young team (one of the league's youngest). It's not broken, it's young.

And in any case, I think this team just needs time until the young stars mature, and it's anybody's guess whether that happens in any given year. So, yes, it's premature to expect success next year, but we really don't know when it'll come.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009
You've got to work on your metaphors.

That's a nice metaphor for the Canucks maybe, if they took on Ribeiro. You're talking about a 25 year old #1C (a structural element not a veneer), and a young team (one of the league's youngest). It's not broken, it's young.

And in any case, I think this team just needs time until the young stars mature, and it's anybody's guess whether that happens in any given year. So, yes, it's premature to expect success next year, but we really don't know when it'll come.

It applies to both teams.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Depends what you trade. Adding a 1C is not putting new paint on a broken down car. If he was 30 ish I'd agree but at his age he would be a great addition. This team would automatically be better with him at C and Jenner/Foligno staying on the while allowing Dubi to be a very good 2C.

Rychel and Johnson plus next year's #1 and I'm all in. This team will never compete for a Cup without an upgrade at C imo. Adding Duchene would be a nice addition.

The Jackets are probably not going to be a Cup contender next year even with adding Duchene but they will be a lot sooner than without a guy like him.

For that package, im all in. However if im Colorado thats honestly not a very motivating package.

They're going to want one of 3OA, Milano, Bjorkstrand, or Werenski.

Milano is the only one i'd be OKAY with losing.

CBJFan827

I hate you Brad Marchand
Jul 19, 2006
For that package, im all in. However if im Colorado thats honestly not a very motivating package.

They're going to want one of 3OA, Milano, Bjorkstrand, or Werenski.

Milano is the only one i'd be OKAY with losing.

I'd be all over something around Milano-Johnson for Duchene. Not that Colorado would jump at that (and there's also some big salary cap issues inherent to acquiring Duchene.)

Granted, I'm admittedly in the Milano haters wing of the fanbase, especially after I watched him blow off several people, including a very small child trying to get his signature, to take selfies and flirt with teenage girls at the Calder Cup celebration.

Tulipunaruusu*

Apr 27, 2014
What does a small child do with Frank Milano's handwriting? I have asked for only one autograph. It was Arvi Lind's.

The man has set his priorities straight.

DJA

over the horizon radar
Sponsor
Apr 17, 2002
Beyond the Infinite
I'd be all over something around Milano-Johnson for Duchene. Not that Colorado would jump at that (and there's also some big salary cap issues inherent to acquiring Duchene.)

Granted, I'm admittedly in the Milano haters wing of the fanbase, especially after I watched him blow off several people, including a very small child trying to get his signature, to take selfies and flirt with teenage girls at the Calder Cup celebration.

Good god man, he's still basically a teenager himself. This is what they do.

CBJWerenski8

Jun 13, 2009

Sounds like something kids do.

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137

I'm not a hater per se, I just think hes going to take a few more years to develop, while players like Bjorkstrand, Anderson, Rychel(should be NHL ready....soon...) and Puljujarvi(fingers crossed) pass him up on the depth chart. And not many spots for him unless he steals one like Bjorkstrand.

Yes I know Bjorkstrand and Puljujarvi are RW.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad