Interesting Info: Part XV (All Jackets-related "tidbits" in here)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Apr 9, 2009
USA
there's so many other places to get delicious food in Columbus though :shakehead

I know. I live here. I'm talking about when I go to the game.. And eat in the arena. Should've specified. Usually I'll get Ted's or Gordon Biersch before games.

I usually don't like chili, which I'm sure is why I like Skyline. It's like fake chili. Mostly cheese, which is always good.

EspenK

Sep 25, 2011
I kinda knew her exaggeration was intended, EK, but I don't use emoticons and have no idea how to add such hidden messages, so perhaps my response sounded more sincere than I hoped it might!

fixed it for you. :)

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Hmmm, you may just have taken my position a little bit too far!

Pete, I think there is a subliminal message in white to confuse old guys like us. As you can see in the quote it says " chat homage". Dang youngins. :laugh:

I kinda knew his exaggeration was intended, EK, but I don't use emoticons and have no idea how to add such hidden messages, so perhaps my response sounded more sincere than I hoped it might!

Well I agree with you and Pete. Skyline sucks and I'm sure it's not really food.

Right on y'all!

fixed it for you. :)

:handclap:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY

Socks

Stuff and Things Man
Nov 14, 2007
Stuff and Things
Robert's been away for awhile and apparently returned without his sense of humor.

A humorectomy. My grandpappy died from one of those. And Mimi was never the same. Pappy's humor was what held her together when the sawmill went under.

Last edited:

Robert

Foligno family
Mar 9, 2006
Louisville, KY
So, when it reads "Bettman joked," it actually means he was kidding? You are right! :nod: Not sure how that could have been misconstrued by anyone.

....and we are back.

If you are referring to me, Hi Derby..... If not please tell me who is back?

seekritdude

May 3, 2009
www.facebook.com
I am not sure if you are right, but I totally get that train of thought. As a Sharks fan from way back, when they lost to the Leafs back in QF back in their miracle year, I am convinced that if Garpanlov hadn't hit the post and the Sharks won game 6 and that series, they would have beat the Canucks in the conference finals and given the Rangers and Messier a huge battle.

That team did EVERYTHING right, even though they weren't very good, to be honest. They had 5 awesome players, and 3 lines of grit and Irbe being incredible. Just needed one play.

…and I was sure the Jackets were going to beat the Rangers.

Although im also of the opinion that the canucks beating san jose isnt a sure thing. Dont forget in those playsoffs, irbe was playing with a broken foot, and ozo with a broken wrist(The thought is thats why he didnt take his shot in that game 6 vs TO, and why he had no goals that playoffs). So those 2 injuries were deff weighing them down a bit. So who knows how much longer they could have kept going before they deteriorated even more...

Larionov was the best player those playoffs before they got knocked out though so assuming he kept up that level, and makarov who had started to cool down a bit from the detroit series got hot again anything is possible.

puckfan64

May 4, 2007
C-bus
OK, now we're getting down to the important stuff regarding the upcoming season - new Arena food!

Here's the link:

http://www.theunionblue.com/2014/09/10/taste-tastes-come/#comment-90059

Now I'm hungry!

From the DNC (F&B/retail provider for Nationwide Arena) Facebook page:

Preseason hockey is just days away! Looking for new food items at Nationwide Arena this season? Check out some of our latest concessions offerings:

AEP Power Level

Section 217 will feature a brand-new Mexican concept, with offerings including tacos, burritos and quesadillas

Section 222 will see an extension of our popular Smokehouse concept on the Bud Light Terrace, with pulled pork, beef brisket and turkey breast, all smoked in-house!

Main Concourse

Section 104 will feature our new Chipper stand, with fresh house-fried kettle chips topped with a selection of great taste combinations, including BBQ pulled pork and chicken alfredo!

Section 105, formerly the State Fair stand, will be the site of our new 614 Burgers & More concept, with 4 signature burgers, plus turkey and chicken sandwich offerings. Also available will be a "Build Your Own Burger", with 1, 2 or 3 patties!

Section 121 will be the home of the new Sausage Haus, with your choice of 8 different sausages

Returning this season is the popular Chef's Corner, located on the Bud Light Terrace at the West End Grille. This year's chef-created offerings: Executive Chef Joe Ditri will feature his home-made Italian sausage, Chef de Cuisine John DiGiovanni will offer his Chicken & Waffle Bowl, and Suites Chef Ed Kowalski offers his take on the classic Cubano sandwich.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/DNC-Nationwide-Arena/152165981532165?ref=hl

Fro

Cheatin on CBJ w TBL
Mar 11, 2009
The Beach, FL
no more deep fried oreos....

494_sad_kitty.jpg

Sore Loser

Sorest of them all
Dec 9, 2006
Spokane, WA.
10645104_10152429757553918_2027139746338707775_n.jpg

Why would somebody wear a mid-00's Buffalo jersey to a Detroit-Columbus game?

"Casual" hockey fan ... drives me nuts. Sometimes, here in Spokane, WA, of all places, I'll catch a jersey like that, usually being worn by someone who drinks way too much beer, pretends to know what they are talking about, and shouts obscenities to impress their friends.

...wait, that isn't you in the Sabres jersey, is it? ;)

major major

Feb 18, 2013
"Casual" hockey fan ... drives me nuts. Sometimes, here in Spokane, WA, of all places, I'll catch a jersey like that, usually being worn by someone who drinks way too much beer, pretends to know what they are talking about, and shouts obscenities to impress their friends.

...wait, that isn't you in the Sabres jersey, is it? ;)

I'd be more embarrassed to wear the mid-00's Jackets jersey than the mid-00's Sabres jersey. That cbj thing is hideous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad