Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Last edited:

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I would really really love to, but 2 factors ruin it for me:

1. Money - Just finished my study to become a teacher and with the job market right now, I'm still struggling to find a job.
2. Lenght - Even if I find a job, it would be impossible just to be absent from work for that long during the season.

I'd definitely be down for something like a 2-week condensed trip during winter or spring holidays some time next season, though, if that was a possibility.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
I think i didn't make myself clear :) I'm not thinking about a 3 month trip, more like 1 to 1½ weeks within the frame from february to april 14.

I edited my first post :)

regarding your first factor - do it anyway :P. As information i can say that the last trip ended up costing around 12.000 kr which included everything (flight, tickets, rent of car, gasoline for 3.000 km, motels)

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I think i didn't make myself clear :) I'm not thinking about a 3 month trip, more like 1 to 1½ weeks within the frame from february to april 14.

I edited my first post :)

regarding your first factor - do it anyway :P. As information i can say that the last trip ended up costing around 12.000 kr which included everything (flight, tickets, rent of car, gasoline for 3.000 km, motels)

Well, there's just no spare money left right now. It almost broke my back having to wait for the money from the a-kasse to come through to my bank account :laugh: If I find a job soon, a 1-1½ week trip in spring might be possible though. Cross your fingers. :)

Is there any team or city you'd definitely have to visit? I'd kill for watching the Bruins at TD Garden.

Edit:

I've got a friend in Chicago, by the way. He studied at my university for a year before heading back to America... I guess we'd have a chance at crashing at his place... at least when we're a small group. If anything comes out of this thread, I'll hear him out, if you want :)

Last edited:

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Is there any team or city you'd definitely have to visit? I'd kill for watching the Bruins at TD Garden.

Edit:

I've got a friend in Chicago, by the way. He studied at my university for a year before heading back to America... I guess we'd have a chance at crashing at his place... at least when we're a small group. If anything comes out of this thread, I'll hear him out, if you want :)

I don't have to visit any specific city, as long as i get to see my Red Wings. A repeat of the last trip would be awesome in that regards (first match in TD Garden vs. the Wings, winning it 3-2 in SO :)

I think the east would be a natural destination since the concentration of teams is much higher, making a good schedule much easier to make. Also, it doesn't have to be a road trip with a lot of driving. It could also be based in the New York area.

I'm open to different preferences :)

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
I don't have to visit any specific city, as long as i get to see my Red Wings. A repeat of the last trip would be awesome in that regards (first match in TD Garden vs. the Wings, winning it 3-2 in SO :)

I think the east would be a natural destination since the concentration of teams is much higher, making a good schedule much easier to make. Also, it doesn't have to be a road trip with a lot of driving. It could also be based in the New York area.

I'm open to different preferences :)

Well, the Bruins would be a must, just like the Red Wings are for you... So 2 teams are in the mix already :sarcasm:
I wouldn't mind an Islanders game... There's Frans Nielsen and I really like Tavares.
I think a game in Toronto would be interesting as well, but I guess the tickets alone would double the price of the trip :laugh:
If possible, I'd like to see some other teams with German players as well, but that's not a deal-breaker for me. As long as I'd get to see Seidenberg and the Bruins, I'd be a very happy man :)

Bank

Nov 21, 2010
Odense, Denmark
Kudos for bringing something like this here. Everything in me is screaming for me to see some NHL one day but the numbers on my account simply won't let me right now.

PietB

Random User
Apr 29, 2011
Denmany and Germark
This thread got me thinking... What if the NHL decides to start the season in Europe again in the future? I'd be all set for the idea of making a danish-hf-users road trip to one of those games, if it's anywhere reasonable and the teams are right.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
This thread got me thinking... What if the NHL decides to start the season in Europe again in the future? I'd be all set for the idea of making a danish-hf-users road trip to one of those games, if it's anywhere reasonable and the teams are right.

It's a good idea, i would be all in for that. But watching the NHL in Canada/USA is something else.

Come on guys, it's an amazing experience!

andersej

Jul 16, 2009
Copenhagen
It's a good idea, i would be all in for that. But watching the NHL in Canada/USA is something else.

Come on guys, it's an amazing experience!

I don't want to watch an NHL game in Europe. Especially if it's in a non-traditional hockey country. I'm all for growing the game in new places - heck, you could argue that Denmark is a non-traditional hockey market - but it just wouldn't feel authentic. Besides, airline tickets to places like New York are cheap these days...

It reminds me of when I was at a Seattle Sounders soccer game a couple of years ago. It was a well-attended preseason derby vs Portland Timbers - i think about 25,000 spectators. It was a great experience and there were lots of loud and active fans, but there was just something strange about it. The best way I can describe it is that it almost felt like a baseball crowd at a soccer game.

Bagge

May 4, 2013
Copenhagen
Hi Tobias,

Your idea is very good, however a bit late for this season from my point of view. In order to get a free pass from the wife, I would have to butter her up well in advance. Furthermore all our vacation is pretty much planned for the rest of the winter.

Could you be persuaded to postpone the tour for next season, then I would be very interested and I would say for certainty that I could go.

It is funny though. I look all the summer for this info in hopes that someone would take the initiative, because your last trip was already planned during the summer and when I saw it in September it was to late to add an extra traveler.

If your tour is going to happen this season, then have a blast. If not, let me know and I'll make the necessary preparations for next season.

Tobias

Oct 15, 2004
Copenhagen, Denmark
Hi Tobias,

Your idea is very good, however a bit late for this season from my point of view. In order to get a free pass from the wife, I would have to butter her up well in advance. Furthermore all our vacation is pretty much planned for the rest of the winter.

I know, i know. But i just started at a new job, and didn't know how my holiday situation would turn out until recently.

I think I'll go no matter what. Either alone or with some not hockey interested friends and then drag them along :D

member 498sixnine

^^ As I already told you, I would love to go again, our last trip was absolutely fantastic. :) I really don't know when I'll be able to go, if I'll be able at all this season, but late season (mar/apr) could be a possibility.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad