Interested in IIHF tournament history?

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello Rocky!

The trouble is, that I have collected info about these tournaments since 1996, so I've had to make some thinking about that, what info comes into the presentations and what comes not. With MVP, I am that ambitious, that I'd like to add all to my presentations, but so far not enough info of the MVPs.

With the all stars, since the alls stars really started in the IIHF tournaments in the 1950's (and as far as I know, officially in the 1960's), I think it's not fair to start only from there.

With the little points, there had to be some thinking too about that, what comes in, what comes not.

With Bill Warwick, based on my info, he was the best Canadian in this decade. Based on the same info, Putskhov was the essential man on the Sovjet success. Yes, Bobrov was great. But the main reason for my judgement was, that in the 1950's Sovjet Union was only the second best nation internationally.

Yes, Vasiljev was. But then; his team was the best one, so Marjamäki had to do more to get into the level he did.

The Shuvalov thing, that was just that little point, you were hoping for!

OK, here is some feed-back. I guess, I have to say, that these are only my judgements, not meant to be any God's word in any way.

Still, thank you very much for your feedback. The English version of the other half will be coming soon, so there will be something about the best line (at least I think so!).

All the best
Jukka

Rocky

Feb 2, 2007
The English version of the other half will be coming soon, so there will be something about the best line (at least I think so!).

All the best
Jukka

It is a good thing, I guess, however I think that pretty much everybody who has even a decent knowledge about european hockey will already know all about lines and d-men pairings like these:

Valeri Kharlamov - Vladimir Petrov - Boris Mikhailov
Bohuslav Stastny - Jiri Novak - Vladimir Martinec

Valeri Vasiljev - Vladimir Lutshenko
Frantisek Pospisil - Oldrich Machac

in my opinion instead of telling too much about them one should concentrate telling more about lines and d-men pairings like these:

Jiri Tozicka - Josef Malecek - Karel Hromadka
Stanislav Konopacek - Vladimir Zabrodsky - Vaclav Rosinak

Vsevolod Bobrov - Jevgeni Babitsh - Viktor Shuvalov
Venjamin Aleksandrov - Aleksander Almetov - Konstantin Loktev
Anatoli Firsov - Viktor Polupanov/Aleksander Maltsev - Vladimir Vikulov

Eduard Ivanov - Aleksander Ragulin

Or maybe one should tell more about not so well known finnish lines and d-men pairings like these:

Juhani Tamminen - Veli-Pekka Ketola - Esa Peltonen

Juha Rantasila - Heikki Riihiranta
Ilpo Koskela - Seppo Lindstrom

But this is only my opinion, others may find all of those rather boring subjects. However the sad fact is that there really is not too much information available in the internet involving european hockey players in the pre 40´s or even from the pre 60´s. Other than stats and rosters. That is also why I find your website rather interesting but too limited. I also know from my own experiences that it could be really hard to find any information concerning really old time players and tournaments. And I am not talking about lines or stuff like that but overall information concerning someones whole career. If you could include atleast some of that information in your website then it would make it a lot more interesting. Then it would contain something that one could not find anywhere else. It would be like a databank about old players and tournaments. I haven´t yet seen a website like that. And I am still looking.

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello Hedberg!

Here are my home-stats in a nutshell:

Russia: USSR-times: all of them. CIS: All. Russia: only medal-winning teams.

Canada: complete.

Czechoslovakia: Bohemia-times: complete. CSR-times: complete. Czech republic times: complete.

Sweden: complete.

USA: complete.

Finland: complete (I think this is natural!:) )

Great Britain: complete.

Germany: European championship time: most of them. Not complete WC and Olympic: 1954, 1965 and 1969. Pre-championship rosters: 1962 and 1963.

Switzerland: European championship time: no full or partial rosters between 1910-29, except for 1926. WC and Olympic times: not complete rosters: 1949, 1955, 1963,1965,1966,1967 and 1969. Not confirmed roster: 1954.

Austria: European championship time: no full or partial rosters between 1912-29, except for 1927. WC and Olympic times: not complete rosters: 1949, 1952, 1959, 1963, 1967, 1968. Not confirmed rosters: 1938, 1957, 1965,1966.

All right, this is the situation of the medal-winning teams at the moment. Of the rest I have partial rosters here and there, sometimes even full rosters! I hope to have enlightened you my current situation somehow!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello again Hedberg!

Sorry, forgot to mention: from 1970 on, no full rosters from GBR, Germany, Switzerland and Austria at the moment.

All the best
Jukka

johanek

Feb 18, 2007
Olympic Games 1924 Chamonix (Canada)

Good Day,

I'm realy interesting in history of Ice Hockey. Can You please give me
any information about who was autors of goals in these matches on Olympic
games in 1924 in Chamonix?
Canada-Czechoslovakia 30:0
Canada-Sweden 22:0
Canada-Switzerland 33:0
Canada-Great Britain 19:2

I'll very thankful if you help me in my research. Every different information is very cost for me.

Thank you for your reply
With Greetings
Johanek

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello Johanek!

Here are my stats of those games:

Can-CSR 30-0: Watson 12, McCaffery 3, Smith 4, Ramsey 3, Munro 3, Slater 2, McMunn 3.
Can-Swe 22-0: Munro 3, Smith 4, McCaffery 3, Ramsey 5, Watson 6, Slater 1.
Can-Sui 33-0: McCaffery 8, Watson 13, Ramsey 2, Munro 5, Smith 5.
Can-GBR 19-2: McCaffery 5, Watson 3, McMunn 2, Smith 4,Munro 4, Slater 1.
Can-USA 6-1: Watson 3, Smith 1, McCaffery 1, Munro 1.

All right, here are some game sums. But they tend to vary according to sources. One way to find out more is to join the international hockey gang. There are some people, for example Franco and Svetovy Pohar, who really know a lot about the goalscores of the tournaments.

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

All those of you, who are interested to read my presentation about Moscow 2007 from my website, can do it now!:)

All the best
Jukka

TeamPlayer

Jan 11, 2003
Jukka, here are the player stats for the 1964 USA Olympic team:

F - Paul Coppo.............7 gp - 3 + 4 = 7 pts - 0 pim
F - Paul Johnson...........7 gp - 6 + 0 = 6 pts - 6 pim
F - Frank Reinhart.........7 gp - 3 + 2 = 5 pts - 2 pim
F - Dan Dilworth...........7 gp - 2 + 3 = 5 pts - 0 pim
F - William Christian.......7 gp - 3 + 1 = 4 pts - 2 pim
F - Dates Fryberger.......7 gp - 3 + 1 = 4 pts - 0 pim
F - Roger Christian.........7 gp - 2 + 2 = 4 pts - 4 pim
F - Gary Schmalzbauer...7 gp - 3 + 0 = 3 pts - 2 pim
D - James Westby.........7 gp - 2 + 0 = 2 pts - 4 pim
F - Herb Brooks.............7 gp - 1 + 1 = 2 pts - 4 pim
F - David Brooks............6 gp - 1 + 0 = 1 pt - 35 pim
D - Donald Ross.............7 gp - 0 + 1 = 1 pt - 2 pim
D - Wayne Meredith........4 gp - 0 + 0 = 0 pts - 8 pim
D - Thomas Martin.........7 gp - 0 + 0 = 0 pts - 6 pim
F - Thomas McCoy........5 gp - 0 + 0 = 0 pts - 0 pim
G - Patrick Rupp............7 gp - 0 + 0 = 0 pts - 0 pim
G - Thomas Yurkovich.....4 gp - 0 + 0 = 0 pts - 0 pim

Great Work

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I have just received new information about goalsocring of the old time tournaments and I have just updated some medal-team goalscorers!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

Now there is the best goalscorer mentioned from every medal-team on the 1920-69 section.

When the sources have varied, I have made my own judgement.

So, any point about the best one can be made and I will re-think!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I have added to my website all the information I have!

Since the stats are not quite complete, any addition is welcome. The best way to do it by pm:ing me!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

Those, who are interested in the goalscores of my website: I have added some new info on goalscoring of Germany/West-Germany from 1927 til 1969! And some goalscoring of the other teams of the 1934 Milan, Italy tournament!

I hope, you will enjoy about it and any new info on goalscoring of that time is welcome!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

The Lumonetti staff have some technical difficulties at the moment, and thus the Centennial Website is not availabe at the moment.

When the site will return, I will let you know!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

All right, the site is in tact again!

And, as usual, anyone willing to add some goalscores is welcome!:thumbu:

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

The goalscoring data per tournament is still missing, sorry!

But it will be back on Sunday!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

All you interested in the European Championship goalscoring between 1910-1932, there is some new info on that on the website!

The World Championship tournament scoring info is planned to be presented by late January - early February!

Til then, all the best for everyone!
Jukka

(PS. About the 1970's onwards...)

Last edited:

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I have added the compiled stats of the 1970s to my site.

Like the part of 1920-1969, this section will be improving at times!

All the best
Jukka

jukka ruskeeahde

Apr 22, 2006
Hello you all!

I have just typed the compiled stats of the 1980's.

As you can see, the 1987 top countries need a bit more info, but that piece of information might appear there rather soon!

All the best
Jukka

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad