Inquiry: Draft/Scouting Publications

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
After a five year absence I realized I've already forgotten all the publications and probably a few have changed.

So aside from RLR what are the noteworthy scouting publications/sources folks are using now?

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
After a five year absence I realized I've already forgotten all the publications and probably a few have changed.

So aside from RLR what are the noteworthy scouting publications/sources folks are using now?

One of the old school ones, ISS, is still used but the price has skyrocketed.

Others are:

Draftbuzz
Black Book (hockeyprospect.com)
Future Considerations

and of course Redline.

There seem to be a growing amount of free resources as well.

Lord Stanley

Revoluccion Leader
Feb 24, 2003
In your head
revoluccionsoup.sauna.ca

I used to be a big a fan of ISS, I felt it was worth the money. However last year was really disappointing as they only had reports for 100 players compared to previous years of 200+. With that said I won't be sending any money to ISS this year.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica
I used to be a big a fan of ISS, I felt it was worth the money. However last year was really disappointing as they only had reports for 100 players compared to previous years of 200+. With that said I won't be sending any money to ISS this year.

Yeah - last year was so disappointing. I love the late rounds of the draft, trying to find the hidden gems, and ISS used to be one of the keys to that. Used to be the first one I would spend money on. Black Book probably has the most profiles now.

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010

I hear HockeyProspect.com's Black Book is pretty good :) :nod:

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
It's pretty good yep. Just wish those slackers that put it together would release it a little earlier than a few days after the combine. :sarcasm:

Small price to pay to be the only ones with quotes from the combine including the interviews :yo:

On a side note it was a combine interview with Oscar Klefbom that convinced the Coyotes to draft him in the HFNHL. So it can be pretty important.

Canuck09

Jul 4, 2004
Vancouver
Small price to pay to be the only ones with quotes from the combine including the interviews :yo:

On a side note it was a combine interview with Oscar Klefbom that convinced the Coyotes to draft him in the HFNHL. So it can be pretty important.

If only we all got to have first hand interviews with the prospects there. Can you arrange that?

CopperAndBlueGM

Mar 9, 2017
I hear HockeyProspect.com's Black Book is pretty good :) :nod:

I might order it if the site would allow me :P It just says 'out of stock" with no obvious area to place a pre-order.

If you have a phone number I could call to order one I will. Btw when is the PDF version being released?

CoyotesHFNHL

May 30, 2010
I might order it if the site would allow me :P It just says 'out of stock" with no obvious area to place a pre-order.

If you have a phone number I could call to order one I will. Btw when is the PDF version being released?

It'll be out of stock until early next week. The PDF version should come out between Monday and Wednesday. I don't believe there is a pre-order option unless you have a membership, where, when it becomes in stock you can just get it when it comes available.

MatthewFlames

Jul 21, 2003
'Murica

H/T to /u/Hossa who noticed that ISS is only $10 this year. And all proceeds go to charity.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad