Line Combos: Injury Report: Recalled: Assigned: Rosterbating: Abuse of Prefixes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
per Mark via Twitter: Cole is out, but better than expected; Daley and Ritchie are ready, Jokipakka or Oleksiak will probably go back to AHL.

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Yeah, I know what a contingency plan is, but if they weren't going to be in practice because they were still in Austin or traveling it would have made more sense to wait, which is why I asked if they were in practice. Its not like we dont mind calling up guys from CP on game day.

But yeah if they were both already in Dallas anyway, it makes way more sense to get both of them into practice.

Last edited:

Captain Awesome

Mar 29, 2008
Long Beach, CA
All the callups makes me wonder, how are hockey players paid? Say a guy in the AHL gets called up for a day to practice, is he getting paid for that day at an NHL rate divided by the amount of days in the NHL season? Is he only paid if he plays in the game or injured for games at the NHL level?

I'm surprised that they would call up a guy they didn't necessarily need for practice. The few thousands of dollars that might cost could add up for the owner or just in general against the cap. They could have just as easily seen Daley in practice, decided he was good to go, and never called anyone up. Austin is so close by that they could have easily waited until after the practice to call someone up and saved some money in the process.

Stars99Lobo37

May 9, 2004
Sec 314 - Richardson
All the callups makes me wonder, how are hockey players paid? Say a guy in the AHL gets called up for a day to practice, is he getting paid for that day at an NHL rate divided by the amount of days in the NHL season? Is he only paid if he plays in the game or injured for games at the NHL level?

They get paid based on where he is on the roster. Not sure how it's divided up, but if you're called up by the big squad you get paid the NHL amount. And if sent down, the AHL amount.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
It's a daily rate calculated at close of business 5 PM Eastern. Cap Geek is down but there are typically 180 to 190 days in the season.

You divide their salary by that for daily rate. Ritchie's injury probably made him over $20K this past week. He would have been down in the AHL instead.

If Jokipakka gets sent to TX tomorrow, he'll only get one day of NHL pay.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Lines:
Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Stars lines this morning:

Benn-Seguin-Eaves
Horcoff-Spezza-Hemsky
Roussel-Eakin-Garbutt
Moen-Fiddler-Sceviour

Cole and McKenzie [Pretty sure he meant Ritchie obviously] in red

Will people rejoice or riot tonight?

Mike Heika ‏@MikeHeika

Stars D-pairs this morning:

Goligoski-Klingberg
Daley-Demers
Schlemko-Benn
Jokipakka-Oleksiak

Not sure on order of last two pairs.

BigG44

Jul 12, 2007
Just my two cents, Jamie Oleksiak has probably played more games at RD than he has at LD in Dallas. Jordie Benn has not played one single game at RD.

Primetimey*

Eaves and Horcoff in the top six? Yikes.. auto-loss.

Also I hope Joki/Oleksiak play over Schlem/Benn

beepeearr

@beepeearr
Jan 11, 2006
Lake Worth
Just my two cents, Jamie Oleksiak has probably played more games at RD than he has at LD in Dallas. Jordie Benn has not played one single game at RD.

Didn't he play mostly RD two seasons ago? It was last year he mostly played LD when paired with Dillon. I am curious to see how the Daley Demers pairing works out this time. If Daley feels comfortable on the left maybe that will lead to Daley Klingberg or Daley Demers on the PP. Not a fan of the two righties on the Blue line during the PP. Which Klingberg Demers or Klingberg Seguin gives us.

StarsTx

Nov 9, 2014
I hate Ruff. It's like he makes lines that intentionally make this team worse. Eaves and Horcoff in the top 6 and that 3rd pairing, look out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad