Info for fans visiting Buffalo

WpgBuffan

Jun 9, 2008
How long would the walk be from the Adam's Mark Hotel to FNC? Is it safe to walk before and after the game?

PensPlz

Dec 23, 2009
Pittsburgh
Hi Buffalo peeps. I am going to be in town tomorrow (Sunday) and totally don't know the area so I was wondering if anyone here knew any good places to watch football, particularly the Steelers game at 1.

Thanks in advance!

Beerz

Jun 28, 2011
Hi Buffalo peeps. I am going to be in town tomorrow (Sunday) and totally don't know the area so I was wondering if anyone here knew any good places to watch football, particularly the Steelers game at 1.

Thanks in advance!

(716) Has a 40 foot TV screen. Doubt you will find a TV playing the Steelers game considering the Bills play at 1pm as well.

Hanny22

Apr 17, 2007
Riderville
Hi folks,

Western Canadian Sabres fan here! Excited to say I purchased tickets for theSaturday Nov 14th game home game against San Jose.

I've never been to Buffalo so I was hoping a fellow fan or two could help me out with some friendly advice?

- Where should a guy stay? I'm coming in to town with a friend and we will want to hit a few pubs/bars after and hopefully celebrate a Sabres win. Is there an area around the stadium that has some decent hotel options, good post game spots and is relatively safe on a Saturday night?

I don't want to be too far from the arena, would prefer to either be walking distance or a short cab. I travel a fair bit for work and have some Holiday Inn points, I did see one of their hotels available at 620 Delaware Avenue, would this be a good choice?

Any help is GREATLY appreciated! Thanks folks, Go Sabres!!!

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Hi folks,

Western Canadian Sabres fan here! Excited to say I purchased tickets for theSaturday Nov 14th game home game against San Jose.

I've never been to Buffalo so I was hoping a fellow fan or two could help me out with some friendly advice?

- Where should a guy stay? I'm coming in to town with a friend and we will want to hit a few pubs/bars after and hopefully celebrate a Sabres win. Is there an area around the stadium that has some decent hotel options, good post game spots and is relatively safe on a Saturday night?

I don't want to be too far from the arena, would prefer to either be walking distance or a short cab. I travel a fair bit for work and have some Holiday Inn points, I did see one of their hotels available at 620 Delaware Avenue, would this be a good choice?

The reviews seem to indicate it's an decent hotel - so it's probably as good a choice as any. As far as location goes, it is great. It is right in the heart of what in Buffalo is known as Allentown (Allen St is one of the main streets and it intersects with Delaware). There are a ton of bars and restaurants in the area for before and after food/entertainment. The area is very safe.

Look up the address of the hotel on google maps. You will see that it is 3 short blocks from Main St. There is a light rail transit system that runs up and down Main Street all the way to the arena. The station you want to look for is the Allen/Medical Campus station. You will have to buy a ticket to ride the train to the game from there.

However, if you want to walk a few blocks more - you can take about a 10-12 minute walk to the Fountain plaza station. That's an above ground station and there is no charge to use the rapid transit from there to the arena and back - as all of the above ground section is free. The neighborhood and the walk are safe.

You certainly could take a cab to the game. As I've never had to do that, I don't know the cab situation on the way back - but there is always the light rail to fall back on.

If you like barbecue - a regional favorite - Dinosaur Barbecue - is near the Fountain Plaza Station. Kind of makes the walk worth it, IMO. But like I said - there's a lot of restaurants/entertainment and activity in that area for sure.

There are also a few bars right near the arena if you are there early. Cobblestone, Ironworks, Lagerhaus and Pearl St Brewery and Grill come to mind. Just check out google maps. They are all with 5 walking minutes of the arena.

Have fun!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hi folks,

If you scroll thru the last couple pages of this thread, most of your questions will be answered. Have a great time!

couture23

Jun 23, 2012
Toronto
Hi guys, does 716 get extremely busy before a game? I'm coming down on Friday for the tilt against the Flyers and was just wondering when it starts to get busy on a game day - for those of you with first-hand experience.

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hi guys, does 716 get extremely busy before a game? I'm coming down on Friday for the tilt against the Flyers and was just wondering when it starts to get busy on a game day - for those of you with first-hand experience.

If you really want to get in there, eat dinner and go to the game .... Get there at 4:00. You may get in right away, or you may have to get on a waiting list for 75-100 mins. But if you arrive at 4:30-5:00. It will be jam packed and a definite waiting list for 90+ min. Get in early early!!

Good luck!

LaxSabre

Apr 19, 2006
North Tonawanda, NY
Can anyone tell me how high up you have to sit in the 100 level to see over the glass? Thank You

I heard people say 13th row or higher.

Although I could be wrong as I haven't sat that low in over 15 years.

My Sabres season tickets are up in the 300 Level and my Bandits season tickets are in the 100 Level but they are Row 22 which is the last row in my section.
So my view for Sabre games is above the glass the whole time while Bandit games is above the glass most of the time.
Only play directly in front of me for Bandit games - play near the boards I have to look through the glass.
Also it helps me that because the seats are in the last row - noone sits behind me - so I can stand up or sit on the edge of my seat which is "folded up".
So I'm able to see more play over the glass than most people. That is a huge advantage for me since I'm a small guy and thus I'm able to see over the people in front of me.

Last edited:

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada

I heard people say 13th row or higher.

Although I could be wrong as I haven't sat that low in over 15 years.

My Sabres season tickets are up in the 300 Level and my Bandits season tickets are in the 100 Level but they are Row 22 which is the last row in my section.
So my view for Sabre games is above the glass the whole time while Bandit games is above the glass most of the time.
Only play directly in front of me for Bandit games - play near the boards I have to look through the glass.
Also it helps me that because the seats are in the last row - noone sits behind me - so I can stand up or sit on the edge of my seat which is "folded up".
So I'm able to see more play over the glass than most people. That is a huge advantage for me since I'm a small guy and thus I'm able to see over the people in front of me.

Thanks for the info. Appreciate it

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Hey, I'm attending the Panthers game on the 8th, could you guys recommend a good parking lot preferably within 5 minutes walk and hopefully under 10 bucks? Cheers. A specific address would be a huge help (for gps purposes). Thanks!

ZZamboni

Puttin' on the Foil
Sep 25, 2010
Buffalo, NY
Hey, I'm attending the Panthers game on the 8th, could you guys recommend a good parking lot preferably within 5 minutes walk and hopefully under 10 bucks? Cheers. A specific address would be a huge help (for gps purposes). Thanks!

I don't know if you will find both. 5 min walk AND under $10. I'm a STH and I always park here ...

http://www.onesenecatower.com

It's $10. It's two level parking. It's out of the weather. It's a 5 min walk to the arena. Works for me :dunno:

Whammer

Sep 22, 2005
Grand Island
www.myspace.com

Park for free on the street on Scott Street between East Market Street and Chicago Street. You can also park on Chicago Street between Scott and Perry Street.

Google 199 Scott Street, Buffalo, NY.

5-10 minute walk from there.

zts1986

Oct 3, 2006

199 Washington Street. There's a parking ramp on the west side of the road right there. It costs $10 and is a 5 minute walk to the arena just about. Also get to walk right by the entrance to (716) if you want to stop on your way for a drink or some food.

ucanthanzalthetruth

#CatsAreCooked
Jul 13, 2013
Thanks guys, the place on exchange and washington seem like my best bets. So jealous of ROR and Eichel, I'm excited to finally see them live.

Shmuffalo

Brad May's Stand In
Feb 13, 2008
New York
Anyone know what the studio box is? It's the 200 section... got a few tickets there. Is it just regular club level section seating?

Dex

Complementary
Sponsor
Dec 5, 2011
Under Deep Cover
Anyone know what the studio box is? It's the 200 section... got a few tickets there. Is it just regular club level section seating?

That's a row of tables on the 200 level where the post game studio is located. It's a single row of tables with chairs. Directly above section 109-113 - but again - on the 200 level

I'm envious. Always wanted to sit there. Seems like you can enjoy some food and a beer comfortable and I like the end zone view of the action.

ManiacCaniac

Nov 7, 2005
I need to settle a bet with my favorite waiter. Here in Raleigh, every time I order wings, I'm asked (ranch or bleu cheese?) I keep telling him that the there should be no choice; it's bleu cheese.

So help me settle the bet. What to all the traditional places (Anchor Bar, Duff's) in Buffalo serve?

Last edited:

CaseyMitts37

Mar 2, 2013
Buffalo
I need to settle a bet with my favorite waiter. Here in Raleigh, every time I order wings, I'm asked (ranch or bleu cheese?) I keep him that the there should be no choice; it's bleu cheese.

So help me settle the bet. What to all the traditional places (Anchor Bar, Duff's) in Buffalo serve?

Always bleu cheese

Flamer12

Feb 11, 2013
Canada
Looking for tickets on stub hub. Noticed a pair in section 105, row 14. States they are the only seats in the row. Can anyone shed some light as to how a row could consist of only 2 seats. Bit reluctant to buy them as afraid something wrong with them.

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
Looking for tickets on stub hub. Noticed a pair in section 105, row 14. States they are the only seats in the row. Can anyone shed some light as to how a row could consist of only 2 seats. Bit reluctant to buy them as afraid something wrong with them.
This is the view looking down on 105 (foreground) from 207:

first-niagara-center-section-207-view.jpg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad