Trade: [IND/PHI] Carson Wentz for 2021 3rd round pick and 2022 conditional 2nd round pick

GKJ

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
The conditional to a 1st always made sense for it to be conditional. I actually think they’re pretty modest conditions.

Jul 29, 2003
Saskatoon
Visit site
The conditional to a 1st always made sense for it to be conditional. I actually think they’re pretty modest conditions.

It's pretty much a guarantee if he's healthy unless he completely falls off, so yeah makes sense. Not bad for the Eagles all things considered.

I don't know if he's the answer for Indy but given the other options and that price I'm definitely on board with finding out.

ViktorBaeArvidsson

Greenville Swamp Rabbits fan lol
Feb 18, 2017
The Bible Belt of South Carolina
Well, they definitely did not get a Stafford return. Wentz didn’t have a great year, and his contract looks pretty bad as of now, he could easily have a good comeback year, and he’s a likable person so I hope he ends up turning into his former self. Also, he’s got Quenton Nelson protecting him now.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
I have a soft spot for Indy.. so this sucks.. they have a promising team but Carson Wentz is always punching himself in the dick.

yvrtojfk

Aug 13, 2016
Canada
Hey guys, I’m kind of a noob when it comes to the contracts of NFL players. Why is there dead cap space from a traded player that’s no longer on your team?

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
He's certainly regressed; whether thats due to Reich leaving or not is a different story & remains to be seen.

Probably hurts to see Stafford fetch a first and the most they got was a conditional pick.

(yes it was two 1sts for Stafford, but its clear one was in return for taking on Goff's contract)

Reactions: Subban signed e5

No Fun Shogun

34-38-61-10-13-15
May 1, 2011
Illinois
Even with our QB issues, I'm damn glad that the Bears ended up not overbidding for him.

Barring a major injury or a step back from Indy, that should be a first.... and a single one of those seems too pricey to me.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad