News Article: In which R** R**** gets laughed at by the players he writes about..

eXile59

Shirts on.
Jan 2, 2009
PA
That made my day. Watching him get owned by both Malkin & Neal then finally by Steigy.

member 51464

To be perfectly honest, he's done nothing of note other than be involved in the Hill scandal. He rarely speaks during sessions, never writes opinions, and was utterly unremarkable before being nominated. Most court followers describe him as the dumbest justice ever.
:laugh:

it's nearly impossible to agree with what you've written but i'd say his insufferable presence has had some effects. namely, his ass-backward originalist stance sheds a more nuanced light on Scalia's textualism. and of course, his mere presence and inability to craft a majority decision gave Kennedy and O'Connor more room to operate during the Rehnquist years. yes, he's a thoroughly mediocre justice and the Hill scandal is perhaps the most noteworthy thing he's been a party to, but i'd argue he's had some kind of effect on the court. can't believe this ****er might be on the court for 40 years (by all accounts he's the most physically fit of the justices and has claimed his goal is to outlive all his critics).
I never read that before. That is awesome. I think I have a new motivation to stay in shape. Spite :sarcasm:

I got to tour my state capitol earlier this week and spend all day hobnobbing with some random state senators/legislatures for work. So, we tour our newly remodeled State Supreme Court, and one of the more junior justices is asking questions. This random woman stands up and proclaims the whiteness of our Supreme Court to be unjust (in a 91% white state). She then demanded to know how long it'd be until a black man or woman was chief justice. His answer was a long time since even if one started tomorrow, he or she would have to outlive the other 8 to get the top spot :laugh:

Zero Pucks

Size matters
May 17, 2009
The best part is he's thinks they're just joking with him, when they aren't. What a doofus.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Wonder if he knows about any thing about special teams formations..

rossisahack_zps848ede03.jpg

On Vinyl

Oh Danny Boy
Jul 5, 2010
IAVDBTR
Wonder if he knows about any thing about special teams formations..

rossisahack_zps848ede03.jpg

It actually had nothing to do with punting or kicking formations, he was actually assigned to the "special" team of reporters. He would get rides to his assignments on the short bus.

crossicepass

Sep 7, 2008
Incompetence personified. Rossi doesn't know his own trade, simple as that. you ****ing hack

Very impressive talent you have there. Journalism analyzer. I'm sure you'll go far.

In fact, Evgeni Malkin could get just about any hockey writer to write his biography and he chose Rob Rossi. Rossi was Malkin's guest in Magnitogorsk. Magnitogorsk is in Russia. As brilliant as you are you probably know that. My bad.

Last edited:

DoktorZaius

Feb 7, 2013
Very impressive talent you have there. Journalism analyzer. I'm sure you'll go far.

In fact, Evgeni Malkin could get just about any hockey writer to write his biography and he chose Rob Rossi. Rossi was Malkin's guest in Magnitogorsk. You probably know Magnitogorsk is in Russia, smart as you are.
Rob Rossi?

Look man, I'm sorry, but you kinda suck. If your job is largely predicated upon covering a hockey team, you should become an expert on the game. Yet you know next to nothing about hockey. Why would you think that Iginla wouldn't be in Pittsburgh's top 6? When your ignorance is compounded with an apparent willingness to invent information and rumors, it becomes obvious why you are an embarrassment to sports journalists everywhere.

LetangInTheSO

Oct 17, 2008
Rob Rossi?

Look man, I'm sorry, but you kinda suck. If your job is largely predicated upon covering a hockey team, you should become an expert on the game. Yet you know next to nothing about hockey. Why would you think that Iginla wouldn't be in Pittsburgh's top 6? When your ignorance is compounded with an apparent willingness to invent information and rumors, it becomes obvious why you are an embarrassment to sports journalists everywhere.

I have to agree. I don't have particularly high expectations when it comes to beat writers and I didn't follow local Pittsburgh media until recently. I have to say, in 20+ years of being a sports fan, I've yet to encounter somebody less knowledgable and less reliable on the very subject they're paid to know about than Rossi. It's unfathomable to me that the guy still has a job.

WayneSid9987

Nov 24, 2009
I dunno.
As a hockey player, he doesn't seem like a bad guy around the locker room and doesn't ask d*** questions. Stupid ones sure but still.

Doesn't seem to mind it when you goof on him either. I'd buy him a beer.

Pens1566

Aug 2, 2005
WV

In fact, Evgeni Malkin could get just about any hockey writer to write his biography and he chose Rob Rossi. Rossi was Malkin's guest in Magnitogorsk. Magnitogorsk is in Russia. As brilliant as you are you probably know that. My bad.

Is that you Rossi? :)

I'm going to go ahead and disown him as a WVU alum. I prefer to not be connected to him in any way, shape, or form.

Shrimper

Trick or ruddy treat
Feb 20, 2010
Essex
Being fair, hadn't we just been knocked out by Philadelphia or lost to them when he asked Neal about his goals tally next season? Hardly the best time to ask.

cassius

Jul 23, 2004
A lot of things in life are easily explained by money.

Rob Rossi is a joke, but the Penguins have to put up with him because he works for a major benefactor/sponsor of the Pens (Trib Media Company). If they cause any issues with Rossi, they are putting at risk millions of dollars of sponsorship revenue.

If those financial ties didn't exist, Rossi would be exiled and fired by now. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other guy involved in the business of hockey who is more incompetent. The only thing worse than his knowledge of hockey is his command of the english language.

Harv

R.I.P. Pavol.
Dec 30, 2007
Being fair, hadn't we just been knocked out by Philadelphia or lost to them when he asked Neal about his goals tally next season? Hardly the best time to ask.

You can claim this, but he is still a major dick face.

Rossi was the first to text Goligoski and said ''You've been traded. Call me''.

Who does that crap?

Marns

Jul 31, 2006
Toronto, ON
www.thestretchpass.com
A lot of things in life are easily explained by money.

Rob Rossi is a joke, but the Penguins have to put up with him because he works for a major benefactor/sponsor of the Pens (Trib Media Company). If they cause any issues with Rossi, they are putting at risk millions of dollars of sponsorship revenue.

If those financial ties didn't exist, Rossi would be exiled and fired by now. Off the top of my head, I can't think of any other guy involved in the business of hockey who is more incompetent. The only thing worse than his knowledge of hockey is his command of the english language.

I can understand why the Pens put up with him. I can't understand why the Trib continues to pay him.

Who does that crap?

Is that true?

Crafton

Liver-Eating Johnson
May 6, 2010
San Francisco

classic Rossi reportage. :laugh: stunning insight wrapped in brilliant eloquence.

Gert B Frobe

Nov 18, 2003
Chester County
this is not surprising. beat writers work in a dying industry even if their columns are posted on-line

and a hockey beat job in the US is always the shortest straw

Wickedtune

Feb 1, 2009
Pittsburgh

Who does that crap?

I'm not positive but I think the post you replied to was defending Neal's comments to Rossi from a poster earlier saying Neal comes off as kind of a d-bag

MetalheadPenguinsFan

Sep 17, 2009
Canada
Showed this video to my fiancee who got a kick out of Geno taking pot-shots at Rossi. :laugh:

Pot-shots aside, even she (as a new fan) couldn't get over how ****ing stupid Rossi is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad