In the System VIII (Ads and Prospects)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Sounds like he has finally found his game.

The Admirals looked good in period 1. Laval scored on a bad line change. Ingram looked like he had no defense helping him for about 10 or 15 seconds before the red light went on. Trenin has 4 G 1 A in 3 games!

In the first 5 minutes of the game, the Rocket could not complete a neutral zone pass. The Ads fore checked and back checked beautifully. I am not surprised that Laval is 0-3. They have some dirty players that got away with some real garbage out there. After a face off loss, #22 Belzile, spent the next 3 seconds punching the Ads center in the back of the helmet. I was really unhappy about the lack of a call. If the Ads beat them to a loose puck, several times they would take a stick to the spine. It was never called in period 1 even though I saw it happen 5 or 6 times.

Laval does not like to be checked. It was seconds into the game when Blackwell lined up the puck carrier at the blue line in front of the Ads bench. It was a clean, legal hit, but a guy from Laval went after Blackwell from behind. No real punches were thrown and no call was made. The Rocket was avoiding Olivier like he was Tie Domi, half way through period 1. He crunched a few guys from Laval before that.

It was 34 F and windy this morning, felt like 25 F. Real hockey weather!

Flgatorguy87

Jul 7, 2011
East Nasty
Tomasino is out to a great start in the OHL with 18 points in 9 games. He's making the anticipated jump as he has taken on a bigger role that was vacated on that team.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
The Admirals and Eagles played a sloppy game in periods 1 and 2. The ice seemed to be bad in period 3. Milwaukee lost 3-2 in a shoot out.

Davies must have been hurt because I did not see him in the last half of the game. That left the Ads with 5 Dmen. Donovan played like an idiot and was out of position frequently, meaning the Ads were really playing with 4 Dmen for half a game! Pitlick held up well.

On offense, Gaudreau looked a little rusty at first. He was teamed with Richard, just like the old days. They also played on the PK. Blackwell joined them on the PP for the first Ads goal by Freddy with assists to Blackwell and Pitlick. Gaudreau assisted on Blackwell's goal along with Carrier.

Grosenick saved 4 or 5 breakaways in the game. He didn't do as well in the SO.

Milwaukee could have scored 3 or 4 goals in the first 7 minutes of the game, but two were heel shots, one deflected inches wide and Richard could not gain control of the puck in the bottom of the left circle until the angle was poor.

Last edited:
Reactions: GoldOnGold

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Love having Tinordi's slow, uncreative ass out on the ice in OT. Such a great decision by Taylor. Why have someone who can skate and has offensive sense out there when you can have a big oaf like Tinordi?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Love having Tinordi's slow, uncreative ass out on the ice in OT. Such a great decision by Taylor. Why have someone who can skate and has offensive sense out there when you can have a big oaf like Tinordi?

I didn't like Donovan either, but he actually threw a good check to knock the puck loose. Carrier was the only Dman with speed, passing and defense.

The Ads had 3 shots in OT, but could have taken 6 or 7. I heard some boos when Carrier skated the puck out of the O-zone so the other 2 Admirals could change. He could have just skated towards the right corner instead.

I was totally confused by what the Ads did in the OT! Was it puck control? Were they hoping that an Eagles player fell down? It was a lot of cycling but not many shots taken.

No Trenin tonight. Did he get called up or injured?

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Trenin and Salomaki.

Good for Trenin getting his shot. But Salo coming up too may mean we are even more banged up than we realize

Bondurant

Jul 4, 2012
Phoenix, Arizona
I went to the Milwaukee Admirals home opener last weekend. If anyone in Smashville ventures to Milwaukee (underrated city) definitely check out the Admirals.

Was my first time seeing them skate since the mid-90's IHL days when I'd see them in Kalamazoo.

Picked up a fantastic throwback t-shirt with one of my favorite all-time sports logos and they have a great in game experience. They play Stompin' Tom Connors and Brass Bonanza between periods. AHL is keeping some old time hockey spirit alive.

Reactions: adsfan

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Matt Donovan is brutal.

He was the worst Dman (-2) for Milwaukee for the second night in a row. With the Ads having only 4 Dmen for 2 periods, it was awful!

A. J. Greer is a goon who should be suspended for several games for what he pulled in tonight's game. I am glad that Tinordi beat on him for a good minute! He is a loud mouthed punk.

Edit: Greer received 40 minutes in penalties, half of the team total tonight.

Edit #2: I found this video on YouTube. Renouf skated from the corner where the fight between Healy and Greer happened to 130 feet away to find Olivier.

Last edited:
Reactions: sparkle twin

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Maybe. Could mean FF9 is ok, could mean Poile is bringing up Tolvanen/Trenin/Pitlick because hes going to be out a while

Tolvanen and Pitlick were playing in Milwaukee tonight (Sat). The Ads have a 3 PM game at Chicago tomorrow. I doubt that they are going anywhere until after that game is played.

Carr did play tonight. He looked good, but not great in his first game.

Edit: There was a New York Islanders scout at the game. I was walking around between periods 2 and 3 and he was wearing a suit and typing into a form on his laptop by the east windows upstairs in the 400s. I went by him three different times and he was still typing each time. I could see a large NYI logo in the upper left corner of his screen.

Last edited:
Reactions: NoNecksCurse

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
Tolvanen and Pitlick were playing in Milwaukee tonight (Sat). The Ads have a 3 PM game at Chicago tomorrow. I doubt that they are going anywhere until after that game is played.

Carr did play tonight. He looked good, but not great in his first game.

Yeah it was Salomaki and Trenin...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad