In the System Part V (Preds Prospect/Minor League Talk)

Status
Not open for further replies.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee fell behind Rockford 2-0. Rockford started their old Ted Dent inspired gooning it up. Tristan Grant scored near the end of period one. Tristan Grant scored again about 5 minutes into the second period. Two more goals by Watson and Budish followed to chase Scott Darling out of the Rockford net. This was followed by more goon like play from Labrie who got 12 minutes for attacking Oligny for no obvious reason.

The third period was relatively quiet until the last minute when Ryan Hartman tried to take out Marek Mazanec's knee behind the goal. Ian White proceeded to beat Hartman's face in. Hartman got 2 minutes for tripping plus 5 for fighting.
Mr. Hartman will be a marked man in his next game against Milwaukee.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Which is tomorrow. Gotta love that AHL scheduling. :laugh:

Only followed the box score tonight. No way I was driving through that blizzard to get to the game.

Downtown Milwaukee wasn't that bad. The box score said 2476 fans. I think about 50% were no shows.

No funny business tonight. Admirals won 1-0 in OT thanks to Watson.

I meant to say that Hartman was going to get his the next time in Milwaukee.

AdmiralsFan24

Mar 22, 2011
Wisconsin
Downtown Milwaukee wasn't that bad. The box score said 2476 fans. I think about 50% were no shows.

No funny business tonight. Admirals won 1-0 in OT thanks to Watson.

I meant to say that Hartman was going to get his the next time in Milwaukee.

I wasn't worried about downtown Milwaukee. I was worried about driving in from western Waukesha County and all the idiots on the road that don't know how to drive in this weather.

Montross

Askarov.
Oct 4, 2013
Question for anyone following the Ads closely - any insight on why brendan leipsic has been a healthy scratch the past few games?

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Question for anyone following the Ads closely - any insight on why brendan leipsic has been a healthy scratch the past few games?

Coach Evason is trying to get the team straightened out. He has rotated healthy scratches in the last few weeks. It seems to be working, 5 goals scored last game, 4 wins in a row, jumping from 9th to 6th place in the Western Conference.

Aberg sat out a game too.

adsfan

May 31, 2008
Milwaukee
Milwaukee has won 8 games in a row. They are now 4th in the Western Conference and one point behind division leader Rockford with 2 games in hand.

Fiala played tonight. He looked good, but you could tell that he was new.

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
On the prospect board, they are saying the Saros (the heir apparent?) has been fantastic lately. Back to his old form. Personally, I'm more excited about him than any other prospect, Fiala included.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
On the prospect board, they are saying the Saros (the heir apparent?) has been fantastic lately. Back to his old form. Personally, I'm more excited about him than any other prospect, Fiala included.

I worry about his size. He can scramble and cover against lesser competition but look at the criticisms 303 and others have talked about for Hutton... he's smaller than Rinne so he cant cover the top of the net in the butterfly and cant go post to post as well... and Hutton is 6'1"

Saros is going to have to be incredibly athletic to make it as an NHL goaltender at his size.(have seen others say that 5'10" is "generous" and he's really more like 5'8")

AtlantaWhaler

Thrash/Preds/Sabres
Jul 3, 2009
I worry about his size. He can scramble and cover against lesser competition but look at the criticisms 303 and others have talked about for Hutton... he's smaller than Rinne so he cant cover the top of the net in the butterfly and cant go post to post as well... and Hutton is 6'1"

Saros is going to have to be incredibly athletic to make it as an NHL goaltender at his size.(have seen others say that 5'10" is "generous" and he's really more like 5'8")

Totally agree, but at the level he's been playing, I'm much less worried. He's been fantastic against top Finnish competition and through a couple of WJC's. So far, his size hasn't been an issue.

nomorekids

The original, baby
Feb 28, 2003
Nashville, TN
www.twitter.com

I would stop short of extrapolating Hutton's deficiencies to any goaltender of that size. A better goalie knows how to compensate.

PredsV82

Trade Saros
Sponsor
Aug 13, 2007
I would stop short of extrapolating Hutton's deficiencies to any goaltender of that size. A better goalie knows how to compensate.

I see what you did there...

and Im sure there are successful shorter goalies out there but at some point is is simply geometry. A 5'10" frame cant cover as much of the net as a 6'5" frame. As I saidhe's gonna have to be very athletic.

Enoch

This is my boomstick
Jul 2, 2003
Cookeville TN
I see what you did there...

and Im sure there are successful shorter goalies out there but at some point is is simply geometry. A 5'10" frame cant cover as much of the net as a 6'5" frame. As I saidhe's gonna have to be very athletic.

His weakness will always be top shelf. Arturs Irbe comes to mind ;).

That said, an excellent glove hand and better positioning mitigates size disadvantage.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad