GDT: "In The Running" • FLAT CAP FRENZY • Oct.9.2020 • 10 AM • SN / TSN

Which of these free agents do you want the Oilers to sign?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

alphahelix

Feb 15, 2007
The influx of RFA’s into the UFA market, with high probability of their contract offers being minimized by league-wide cap-crunch, has me sincerely reconsidering the Neal buyout.

We could potentially add 3 high-quality young RFA forwards (or 2 F 1D) for the price of a Neal buyout. That would re-make the team.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
There will be so many cheap UFA options this year that we should be able to fill the holes in our lineup for cheap without going after the big names. I’d rather just have Koskinen as the starter and sign a cheap backup.

780il

edm
May 29, 2018
Edmonton AB
According to Portzline, Wennberg will be bought out. That’s who I want for 3c. Still young, should be cheap, and pretty good both ways.

Kahun is the other guy I want. He can play with Leon and be a solid support winger.

Nuge - Mcdavid - Pulju
Kahun - Drai - Yamo
X - Wennberg - Kassian

Looks like we’re stuck with Neal at least for one more year and he should slot in at 3/4lw

Reactions: Fixed to Ruin

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
Where did Gazzola say anything about Larsson?

Also woof - the term being “offered” to Markstrom is BAD. Looking at his numbers is he really that much of a significant upgrade on Koskinen?

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Wonder what Tippett's opinion of Duclair would be. Duclair looked like a star in the making for 1 year under Tippett. But then had a disaster season the next year, under Tippett as well.

Loads of talent. Just hasn't put it together consistently yet.

Reactions: joestevens29

AddyTheWrath

Mar 24, 2015
Toronto
If we’re going to sign Barrie on a show me deal, I honestly wouldn’t mind extending him if he plays well.

He brings a rover element to the defense that we don’t really get from any other player (both on our team and prospects).

Reactions: Vagabond

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
The numbers don't tell the whole story with Markstrom - he's way better than Koskinen.

Before the COVID freeze the Nucks were clicking along before Markstrom go injured and then they were free falling for a bit. Might have even missed the playoffs had the season not paused. He was a large reason they were in a playoff position at all.

OfCorsiDid

54 goals? Must've been the money!
Mar 20, 2017
Toronto, ON

14D7E55E-DA5D-492D-8E29-59AD13D24A4E.gif

HOW LONG HOW HAVE I BEEN ASKING ABOUT THIS

DO IT KENNY

KlefDown

I adore Soli
May 2, 2014
Cory Schneids being bought out as well. put him on the "do not touch with a 10 foot pole" list

Reactions: ujju2

ujju2

Apr 9, 2016
Edmonton, AB
According to Portzline, Wennberg will be bought out. That’s who I want for 3c. Still young, should be cheap, and pretty good both ways.

Kahun is the other guy I want. He can play with Leon and be a solid support winger.

Nuge - Mcdavid - Pulju
Kahun - Drai - Yamo
X - Wennberg - Kassian

Looks like we’re stuck with Neal at least for one more year and he should slot in at 3/4lw

This would be a good offseason imo. Might want to add a defenceman, but that's harder to do. My lines though would probably look like this:

RNH-Draisaitl-Yamamoto
Kahun-McDavid-Puljujarvi
Benson/Ennis-Wennberg-Neal
Khaira/Nygard-Haas-Archibald

Joey Moss

Aug 29, 2008
Duclair - McDavid - Kassian
Nuge - Draisaitl - Yamamoto
Kahun - Wennberg - Puljujarvi
Neal - Haas - Archibald

This would be nice

Last edited: