Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) XLIX

Status
Not open for further replies.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
If the Avs trade Barrie for a rental I'll be mad. Even if Girardi re-signs I'll be pissed. Wilson, McGinn and Elliott sounds nice, though. Losing McGinn would hurt but if Girardi re-signs it'll be well worth it. Don't care much for Elliott and Wilson anymore.

It wouldn't just be for Girardi, it would be for Miller as well (according to the rumor). Miller has top 6 PF potential.

If Girardi can be re-signed, the deal is pretty fair with Barrie in it. I really don't want Barrie in that deal though. I'd rather go after a younger defensemen like Kulikov if we have to trade Barrie.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
It wouldn't just be for Girardi, it would be for Miller as well (according to the rumor). Miller has top 6 PF potential.

If Girardi can be re-signed, the deal is pretty fair with Barrie in it. I really don't want Barrie in that deal though. I'd rather go after a younger defensemen like Kulikov if we have to trade Barrie.

I don't know much about Miller, that's why I left him out in my post. If he can play on the third line I would be okay with sending McGinn to the Rangers. I just hope they'll keep Barrie.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Just checked out the guys twitter account. .. seems Eklund like. Booby Mc ripped a few days ago too. I wouldn't hold my breath.

Foppa2118

Oct 3, 2003
Fred Poulin ‏@FredPoulin98 55s
@NickMar11 source is reliable, the holdup is Elliott vs Barrie

Mmmmmm, this guy's definitely trying to sell this. Anybody heard of this guy before? Hard to tell how credible he is. He's got over 8k followers, Allen Walsh and the NHLPA follow him. Seems to have a million tweets, and responds to everyone. Also seems to be a Habs fan based on this comment to someone, "No, MDZ is also a lefty and we already have Beaulieu who fits that mold."

Not opposed to giving up McGinn or Barrie, but I'm worried about giving them up for a pending UFA. Would rather go after a deal for Coburn or Kulikov with them, or try and pry Giordano out of Calgary, and forego the forward coming back. Then look for the more defensive guy like Girardi in the summer.

Plenty of possibilities there, and if they get the right defenseman in trade the UFA doesn't have to be a beast. Guys like Girardi, Morris, Orpik, Phillips, Greene, or Klesla could be targeted.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I just posted a hysterical video in the media thread, McGinn interviews Landy, Nate and O'Reilly. The team really has great chemistry. In a lot of ways I just want this season to play out without any big moves. This group has earned a playoff spot as of right now, let them take that next step together.

Jul 7, 2009
I just posted a hysterical video in the media thread, McGinn interviews Landy, Nate and O'Reilly. The team really has great chemistry. In a lot of ways I just want this season to play out without any big moves. This group has earned a playoff spot as of right now, let them take that next step together.

I agree with this. Let the team grow together hopefully get a decent defensemen in the off season/deadline. I don't think this team will do damage in the playoffs even if we had a defensemen. This team is playing well together and are proving people wrong. I don't think we should be giving up a lot for players right now.

The Pwnerer

Jan 27, 2006
I hope the rumor isn't true, I don't see the reasoning in selling cost controlled assets for a pending UFA. There is no reason for us to do that. Now if the d-men we were trading this package for was Campbell that is something I could wrap my mind around. Also I have to agree you with Tiger there, Mcginn-Mack-ROR especially have this huge bromance. Makes me wonder why Duchene is never in the pictures. You gotta follow their Instagrams to understand.

bohlmeister

May 18, 2007

It is too bad that this group has too many ****** defenseman.

klozge

Avs
Jul 19, 2009
Espelkamp, Germany
I agree with this. Let the team grow together hopefully get a decent defensemen in the off season/deadline. I don't think this team will do damage in the playoffs even if we had a defensemen. This team is playing well together and are proving people wrong. I don't think we should be giving up a lot for players right now.

I don't see a huge difference between making a trade at the deadline and making one now. It would probably be even better for team chemistry to make a trade early. To sign one or two good defensemen in the off season would be perfect but this is also very risky because there's a chance that noone good will be available or that other teams get the good ones. And as good as the team is, the defense needs an upgrade.

AvsWraith

Jan 21, 2010
Colorado

I'd rather sacrifice our 1st instead of McGinn, but roster players seem to be a staple in trading this year. Was actually hoping a 1st for Ehrhoff or Coburn would be possible.

Avs_19

Jun 28, 2007
I like McGinn but if there's a deal out there that helps improve our defense, I have no problem with him getting moved. O'Reilly and MacKinnon can find a new COD buddy.

Jul 7, 2009
I don't see a huge difference between making a trade at the deadline and making one now. It would probably be even better for team chemistry to make a trade early. To sign one or two good defensemen in the off season would be perfect but this is also very risky because there's a chance that noone good will be available or that other teams get the good ones. And as good as the team is, the defense needs an upgrade.

Yeah that is a good point. Always risky because there is a chance we don't sign them. I guess we will have to wait and see. I think there will be a move for a defensemen but I don't think it will be a big trade but that's my personal opinion of course.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
Yeah I know to truly get better we will need an upgrade at some point and if a good deal comes along I'm all for it. I'm just more at the point of if the upgrade is marginal and isn't even guaranteed to add to our core in the future it just doesn't make a lot of sense to do it now when a good thing is going on for the most part. McGinn is cheap, brings a physicality that much of the team doesnt offer, plays hard and gels with the guys, I would hate to see him go.

I actually can rationalize seeing Barrie go more than McGinn. If Barrie was a solid top 4 cornerstone for the future then the need for an upgrade isn't so desperate. I know there is still the left side to address, which would need to happen but when the talk of a trade that needs to happen now is always "we have only 2 NHL defensemen". Well is Barrie one or isn't he? If not then he needs to go, if he is then we are not desperate to make a move. It's decision time right now, not over the summer or in training camp.

Foppa Frossa

May 11, 2006
Denver, CO
Players I'm OK with getting rid of:

JOHN MITCHELL
JAMIE MCGINN
PA PARENTEAU
MARC-ANDRE CLICHE
MAXIME TALBOT
CODY MCLEOD
PATRICK BORDELEAU

NICK HOLDEN
NATE GUENIN
CORY SARICH
RYAN WILSON
ANDRE BENOIT

Anybody on the Monsters not named
Duncan Siemens
Joey Hishon
Stefan Elliott

Probably be OK with getting rid of one of Picks or Aitto, but I don't want to give them up yet as goalies can become very valuable.

Gaks*

Players I'm OK with getting rid of:

JOHN MITCHELL
PA PARENTEAU
MARC-ANDRE CLICHE
CODY MCLEOD

NICK HOLDEN
NATE GUENIN
CORY SARICH
RYAN WILSON
ANDRE BENOIT

Anybody on the Monsters not named
Duncan Siemens
Joey Hishon

Probably be OK with getting rid of one of Picks or Aitto, but I don't want to give them up yet as goalies can become very valuable.

Fixed that for you... I'm weak though. Took out Bordy, for no other reason than the fact I like him and he's ultimately not going to yield a big return.

Last edited by a moderator:

Gaks*

You and I seem to be the only people who care about what happens off the ice. ROR, McGinn, Mac and to a lesser extent Barrie are all good friends.

Yes I'm sure they're all friends to a certain degree. But if you look at that post above. Anything you give up from that list doesn't hurt the off ice stuff.

If you can get a solid dman for PAP and maybe throw in a bottom pair guy like Wilson then you do that way before you ship McGinn off imo.

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Feb 24, 2012
You and I seem to be the only people who care about what happens off the ice. ROR, McGinn, Mac and to a lesser extent Barrie are all good friends.

Yes I'm sure they're all friends to a certain degree. But if you look at that post above. Anything you give up from that list doesn't hurt the off ice stuff.

If you can get a solid dman for PAP and maybe throw in a bottom pair guy like Wilson then you do that way before you ship McGinn off imo.

Wilson is good friends with ROR and a number of other players. He just isn't active on social media. PAP is also good friends with most of the players.

tigervixxxen

Optimism=Delusional
Jul 7, 2013
Denver
burgundy-review.com
I'm not even really talking about certain players per se, and I agree we have no idea who is close. Just more the point that I think one reason why they are having an unexpectedly good season is that they work well together as a team and messing up that dynamic is something I'd be concerned with. If a deal significantly improves them then great, if not then I question it's impact.

AvsRobin

Size doesn't matter!
Aug 10, 2010
Stockholm
Anyone except Varly, EJ, Landy, Duchene and MacKinnon is available for me if we can improve our team. I wanna add ROR to that list but it depends on how the contract negotiations go.

member 116861

Anyone except Varly, EJ, Landy, Duchene and MacKinnon is available for me if we can improve our team. I wanna add ROR to that list but it depends on how the contract negotiations go.

O'Reilly shouldn't be on that list.

-BrickAHL

JoeSakic13

May 30, 2013
San Francisco
A little late to the party, but I'm glad we didn't bite on the MDZ situation. I must be honest I know very little about Klein (sorry Nashville, your team is boring to watch) but I can see this trade being beneficial to both parties.

Also with relation to the Girardi rumour, I'm betting it's just a wishful thinking (e2) situation, but I'm not totally against the idea. That is assuming we're able to turn that into re-signing Girardi and it isn't just a playoff run trade.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad