Rumor: In-season Proposals, Rumors, Free Agents & Roster Moves (related topics) LXIV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gigantor The Goalie

Speak for the Goalies
Feb 4, 2012
New London
I dont get that rationale, why acquire any of these players if they are just gonna up and call it quits after one season.
We just signed Iggy who is 37, unless he flat out looks terrible he's not going anywhere for at least a couple years

Briere has played an avg of 70 games the past 4 NHL seasons, Tanguay an avg of 60 which shows you last year was a fluke for him health wise
Maybe they dont bring DB back, so its possible for Hayes to go there, but he's not touching
a top 6 role anytime soon, here at least.

You think Briere is going to be back here for the 2015-16 season? It's quite possible Hayes will be on the 3rd line doing what McGinn does. Spot duty on the 2nd and 1st lines when injuries happen.

agentblack

Apr 11, 2011
New York City
You think Briere is going to be back here for the 2015-16 season? It's quite possible Hayes will be on the 3rd line doing what McGinn does. Spot duty on the 2nd and 1st lines when injuries happen.

I think its just as likely for Roy to play an experienced NHLer that can play all fwd positions than for Hayes to be there.
I wont be convinced of Hayes' ability until he actually plays against NHL competition and if he is the next coming of John Leclair for the Avs trust me ill be excited but it seems like guys want to give him the keys to the car without seeing his license first.

StayAtHomeAv

May 20, 2014
I dont get that rationale, why acquire any of these players if they are just gonna up and call it quits after one season.
We just signed Iggy who is 37, unless he flat out looks terrible he's not going anywhere for at least a couple years

Briere has played an avg of 70 games the past 4 NHL seasons, Tanguay an avg of 60 which shows you last year was a fluke for him health wise
Maybe they dont bring DB back, so its possible for Hayes to go there, but he's not touching
a top 6 role anytime soon, here at least.

Reread what I wrote. I'm not saying all 3 will be gone next year. 1 in each of the next 3 years. Briere, then Tangs, then Iggy.

Avsboy

Dec 12, 2006
Usually things go REAL quiet when something Avs related is about to be made public...

b5fb4n.jpg

Cousin Eddie

You Serious Clark?
Nov 3, 2006
Somebody should prepare a presentation of tweets from guys like EJ, Landy and Malkin to show what a great group of guys we have. Then follow it up with video footage of driving through the rockies into Denver and into Pepsi Center which turns into a video collage of Sakic and Roy's highights which winds down with Sakic handing the cup to Bourque. Everything goes black until "Radioactive starts to cut in and is soon as the beat hits and the words "waking up" plays they cut into a huge hit by an Avs player(likely Wilson). The video then continues on to show great plays by our kids and goalie which sends the message that this team is for real again. The video ends with Roy pushing the glass over and #AvsNewAge cuts across the team. Roy stands up and says "Mr 'Ayes, this is de nu age of de Colorado Avalanche and we would absolutely love to 'ave you as a key part of what we will become. Sakic comes out of the dark with a jersey (a brand new jersey which hasn't even been release yet) and says this is our new jersey for this season and this (in the other hand) is a contract we want you to sign so you can be the first to officially wear our new uniform to start your journey as part of the Avalanche core which will be remembered in hockey history forever!

Hayes signs the contract with tears in his eyes and I win the internet!

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
Dominic Tiano ‏@dominictiano 31 min
The Kevin Hayes watch should end today I'm looking at #Avs or #Bruins. Other teams fans will begin to talk about how he isn't good at hockey

henchman21

Mr. Meeseeks
Sponsor
Feb 24, 2012
$7m per season is laughable for Johansen. A case could be made that he may be worth it on an 8 year deal (I wouldn't want to invest that), but a bridge deal? No freaking way.

InjuredChoker

Dec 25, 2011
LTIR or golf course
ryan lambert @twolinepass · 22 min
all that "kevin hayes to the avs on monday" stuff didnt pan out hey? ppl have changed who the "favorites" are to snag him like four times

ryan lambert ‏@twolinepass 20 min
yeah uhh kevin hayes likes boston and calgary, thats it. and the rangers too. but not the rangers any more. instead, it's the avs and preds!

ryan lambert ‏@twolinepass 19 min
*look at teams with minimal RW depth and plenty of room under the cap* yeah thats where kevin hayes is gonna go for sure and today

the biggest reason i want hayes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad