In Need of an OHL Live Login For An OHL Analytics Project

luby3131

Jan 8, 2011
Parkland, FL
I'm planning on starting a project of tracking some analytics (Corsi, Game Score, etc.) for the OHL. Unfortunately, OHL Live is no longer offering any sort of package to allow me unlimited access to game replays. They told me my only option is to purchase each game individually, which would be ridiculously expensive.

I was hoping someone on this forum would be kind enough to let me use their login to access this season's archives. If anyone has a username and password they'd be willing to let me use, I'd be happy to share my work with the board. Please private message me if you have a login I could use. Thanks!

zman77

Oct 1, 2015
IIHF analytics are IT genius
By Andrew Podnieks|18 MAY 2018

The IIHF has been using technology at this year’s World Championship that is, quite simply, unprecedented. It starts with player ice time but also includes everything from puck possession to player speed to passing efficiency.
In the old days, a player’s ice time would be tracked by people in the press box watching players come on and off the ice. This team of statisticians would make notes on paper as player changes occurred.
In the early part of the 21st century, the technology existed such that chips could be sewn into a player’s jersey, and his actions on and off ice could be tracked that way.
But now, the IIHF is using incredibly sophisticated technology in Denmark that renders everything else museum quality.
Here’s how it works:
  • Four high-resolution IP (internet protocol) cameras are mounted high in the rafters of Copenhagen’s Royal Arena.
  • These work in tandem with four peripheral cameras lower down.
  • Together these cameras are connected to the scoreclock and use a complex mathematical algorithm to identify each player by jersey number and determine when he is on the ice or not and for how long.
  • IIHF - IIHF analytics are IT genius

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad