Imagine THIS top 8

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hiishawk

Feb 28, 2002
Out there somewhere
Visit site
This top 8 is not impossible, right?
Ovechkin, Malkin, Olesz, Thelen, Tukonen, Schwarz, Radulov, Schremp.

Notice that there are NO CANADIANS in there! This draft is likely to have the fewest Canadians in the top 15 ever.
No trend here though, last year Canada had a great number of early picks.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
I'd be surprised if Cam Barker falls out of the top 8, but the draft is dominated at the top by non-Canadians a la 1999 when the top 4 were all European. Like you said though, there isn't a trend, as the top pick in '05 (without naming names) is likely to be a Canadian just as in '03.

Brock

Feb 27, 2002
The GTA
ohlprospects.blogspot.com
While unlikely (because of Barker or Ladd or Wolski or possibly O Neill), it is a possibility for sure. Which is interesting. It's just an off year for Canada in terms of top end talent. We do have quite a few guys though who could call in the 15-30 range.

BAuldie

Apr 5, 2004
Nanaimo, B.C.
sveiglar said:
I'd be surprised if Cam Barker falls out of the top 8, but the draft is dominated at the top by non-Canadians a la 1999 when the top 4 were all European. Like you said though, there isn't a trend, as the top pick in '05 (without naming names) is likely to be a Canadian just as in '03.

And that 1999 draft turned out awesome didn't it heh?

No trend though.. just the way it goes.. must've been a warm winter and less people were doing the hokey pokey.

sveiglar

Feb 27, 2002
BAuldie said:
And that 1999 draft turned out awesome didn't it heh?

No trend though.. just the way it goes.. must've been a warm winter and less people were doing the hokey pokey.

:lol:

rnyquist

Oct 24, 2003
Visit site
xander said:
it's unlikly. I don't think barker falls past 4, and i think ladd will be called before 8. 6 out of 8 is alot though.

barker won't make it out of the bottom 4 and ladd won't make it out of the top 6,

st_roland

steblick said:

Notice that there are NO CANADIANS in there! This draft is likely to have the fewest Canadians in the top 15 ever.

I'd bet my life savings against Barker slipping out of the top 8.

KariyaIsGod*

Wait until next year and we'll see how many Canadians are in the top 10... Just the way things go... It means nothing.

Vlad The Impaler

Feb 27, 2002
Montreal
steblick said:

I hadn't really noticed and find it interesting. Kudos to you for not falling in the trap of predicting some kind of doomsday for Canadian hockey. As you said, this is not a trend. Just shows that international programs are really catching up.

The talent pool has never been healthier and rich. We've got players coming out of so many countries and it's not unreasonable to imagine that in the next 20 years, a couple of other countries (like Switzerland and Germany) could join the party.

However, I agree with Sveiglar. Barker out of the top 8 seems unlikely (but not impossible) to me.

Jacob

as seen on TV
Feb 27, 2002
KariyaIsGod said:
Wait until next year and we'll see how many Canadians are in the top 10... Just the way things go... It means nothing.
That point was already stated more than once.. No need to get defensive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad