Blue Jays Discussion: I'm Tired of the Waiting Game... Let's Play Hungry-Hungry-Hippos!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nasty Nazem

Come at me Crow!
Apr 5, 2010
Canada
Jonah Keri ‏@jonahkeri 21m21 minutes ago
Source: Burke Badenhop signs with #Reds. Makes $1 million in 2015, and either $4 million club option or $1.5 million buyout for 2016.

So they get Badenhop for a guaranteed 2.5M on a 1 year deal and a 2.5M club option.

I've officially given up hope Jays will get any decent reliever.

topched

Nov 19, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
Jonah Keri ‏@jonahkeri 21m21 minutes ago
Source: Burke Badenhop signs with #Reds. Makes $1 million in 2015, and either $4 million club option or $1.5 million buyout for 2016.

So they get Badenhop for a guaranteed 2.5M on a 1 year deal and a 2.5M club option.

I've officially given up hope Jays will get any decent reliever.

Great value for a guy as good as Badenhop.

I'm still holding out hope for Soriano/KRod... But starting to get worried

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Sounds like there may be some higher bidders for Shields but he's obviously favouring the padres. I don't see him going anywhere but San Diego at this point. I was sure the yanks would come in late on him

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
Great value for a guy as good as Badenhop.

I'm still holding out hope for Soriano/KRod... But starting to get worried

I hope they don't put all their nuts in the trading Navarro basket. Teams might not have a need until an injury arises early in the season.

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Buster Olney ‏@Buster_ESPN 1h1 hour ago
One official involved in the Shields bidding does not expect the final numbers will be as high as $80 million/4 yrs. We'll see.

If he's signing for 4 years at less than 20 per we need to be in on that.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
If he's signing for 4 years at less than 20 per we need to be in on that.
We may well be but he seems desperate to play for the padres and he has a huge preference to play on the west coast. I think it'll be hard even if we're millions above what the padres are offering

Canada4Gold

Dec 22, 2010
Just heard about the 2 Cuban guys who defected during the Caribbean Series. Read the 30 year old SS probably doesn't have an MLB future, but the pitcher might. Vladimir Gutierrez, 19 years old. Don't really know much about defecting, and how long it would take to be eligible to sign or whatnot, how does that work?

Ronald Ocean

Disregard username
Sep 12, 2008
Don't know how legit Keith Law is but he said Pompey could be a top 10 outfielder one day. Nice little surprise I thought.

Bad News Benning

Fallin for Dahlin?
Jan 11, 2003
Victoria
Visit site
Don't know how legit Keith Law is but he said Pompey could be a top 10 outfielder one day. Nice little surprise I thought.

Well if you value great defense in CF more so than offense from corner OF's
he very well could be by WAR standards.

Devo White for instance never put up an OPS over .800 as a jay but you could say he was one of the Top 10 OF's in baseball at the time. In his first three years as a jay he put up wars of 6.6, 6.5, and 6.6. Now compare that to Bautista's three best years of 6.5, 7.5, and 5.3.

Now obviously it's a lot to expect for Pompey to turn into White, but it's not like White was highly regarded at the same age so stranger things have happened. If he can play well defensively and get on base that already provides significant value.

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
he very well could be by WAR standards.

he very well could be by WAR standards. White for instance never put up an OPS over .800 as a jay but you could say he was one of the Top 10 OF's in baseball at the time. In his first three years as a jay he put up wars of 6.6, 6.5, and 6.6. Now compare that to Bautista's three best years of 6.5, 7.5, and 5.3.

Now obviously it's a lot to expect for Pompey to turn into White, but it's not like White was highly regarded at the same age so stranger things have happened. If he can play well defensively and get on base that already provides significant value.

I'm not sure people realize how good an offensive year pompey just had for a 21yr old. better year than guys like andrew mccutchen and adam jones and others had at the same age.

he's much more than just a defensive prospect.

dredeye

BJ Elitist/Hipster
Mar 3, 2008
Apparently shields is close on a four year deal between 72 and 75 million. Not bad

TootooTrain

Sandpaper
Jun 12, 2010
New turf looks so much more natural. A much softer design aswell from first hand accounts.
Hated the way it looked on tv and inside on sunny days. You couldn't see the ball from the 500s.

B9HSf9WCcAEXmqh.jpg:large

B9H0sz7IIAAe3kU.jpg

Last edited:

Diamond Joe Quimby

A$AP Joffrey
Aug 14, 2010
Washington, DC
I'm not too impressed with the Padres going into the season. Horrible outfield defense, one of the worst infields in the league. I honestly think they finish 4th.

I do hope they have a good year though. Their fans deserve it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad