I'm just gonna leave this here.

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
Thank you. These clips are all gathered online. Most of them are from videos made by Tim Thompson who previously made the montages for HNIC. Speaking of which, Tim Thompson is a national treasure and Rogers is completely mad for letting him go. Some of the clips are also gathered from "The Leaf" series and "The Blueprint" series on youtube.

I know this video is a terrible downer, but with all the spin and false positivity MLSE likes to put on the Leafs, I thought a dose of reality was needed. I know it's not a typically uplifting Leafs video, but I do love the Leafs and I'm not done making videos. There will be a Yin to this Yang.

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Amazing video. Man seeing the heartbreaking moments just offers me more belief that we will win a cup with this management. Loved it, makes me appreciate guys like lupes, ClarKY, less, dion etc more who gave it there all but we're placed in the wrong situation. Go leafs Go

senor martinez

Komarov's cohonez
Oct 1, 2014
Great video. You understand the game and loved all those 90's moments and 2000 early on with all those great teams. I appreciate that. What's the song and the performer?

EN4CER

Burn the Boats
Apr 8, 2013
Toronto
Thank you. These clips are all gathered online. Most of them are from videos made by Tim Thompson who previously made the montages for HNIC. Speaking of which, Tim Thompson is a national treasure and Rogers is completely mad for letting him go. Some of the clips are also gathered from "The Leaf" series and "The Blueprint" series on youtube.

I know this video is a terrible downer, but with all the spin and false positivity MLSE likes to put on the Leafs, I thought a dose of reality was needed. I know it's not a typically uplifting Leafs video, but I do love the Leafs and I'm not done making videos. There will be a Yin to this Yang.

I'm certainly looking forward to the "Yin".

I actually don't mind the length. Something like this is enjoyable and not boring; why shorten it?

However, I think it would be nice if you followed the years from early to present. I felt like I saw new..then old...then new again. Didn't feel like it flowed well and I felt confused as to what you were getting at. I did feel the emotion, which you nailed.

Anyhow, good effort and look forward to seeing more from you. I forwarded your YouTube link to all my friends and family who are Leafs faithful, hope you get a lot of hits.

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Hi, I made something. I'd like your thoughts. It looks best in 1080p.

:clap: well done !

Your beat/ cuts , very solid.

The only cuts in colour , very poignant , the jersey on the ice says it all.

The only change I would have made is the last shot

I would have also put that into colour to symbolise the dawn of new hope in leafs land with shanny/lou.

kk87

Feb 12, 2015
Waterloo, ON
Great job man. I love how it shows Stamkos and Matthews when it says "that looks tasty, that looks plenty", that was great :laugh:

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
:clap: well done !

Your beat/ cuts , very solid.

The only cuts in colour , very poignant , the jersey on the ice says it all.

The only change I would have made is the last shot

I would have also put that into colour to symbolise the dawn of new hope in leafs land with shanny/lou.

Wow, that is such an awesome idea. Thank you. I might actually re-edit! :yo:

FreshFitted67

Jun 28, 2010
Tibet
www.kitchen.com
I'm certainly looking forward to the "Yin".

I actually don't mind the length. Something like this is enjoyable and not boring; why shorten it?

However, I think it would be nice if you followed the years from early to present. I felt like I saw new..then old...then new again. Didn't feel like it flowed well and I felt confused as to what you were getting at. I did feel the emotion, which you nailed.

Anyhow, good effort and look forward to seeing more from you. I forwarded your YouTube link to all my friends and family who are Leafs faithful, hope you get a lot of hits.

Yeah I know what you mean... Most Leafs vids out there are chronological and tell a story, or are a montage of goals with uplifting music, but there's a clear focus to them. This is more of a "visual poem"??? which is probably why it was confusing. Each image is carefully selected to correspond with the lyrics...
Examples...
"what you got in the stable" = Shots of Marner and Nylander
"Good God" = Leafs Looking skyward
"Every sunday is getting more bleak" = Leafs fans in obvious pain and distress
"There is no sweeter innocence" = old time hockey
"This sad earthly scene" = A sea of Leafs Fans

I think it could definitely be clearer though

Anthrax442

Aug 4, 2008
Toronto
www.russianroulette.ca
clapping-o.gif

Right in the feels

Faltorvo

Feb 18, 2008
Yeah I know what you mean... Most Leafs vids out there are chronological and tell a story, or are a montage of goals with uplifting music, but there's a clear focus to them. This is more of a "visual poem"??? which is probably why it was confusing. Each image is carefully selected to correspond with the lyrics...
Examples...
"what you got in the stable" = Shots of Marner and Nylander
"Good God" = Leafs Looking skyward
"Every sunday is getting more bleak" = Leafs fans in obvious pain and distress
"There is no sweeter innocence" = old time hockey
"This sad earthly scene" = A sea of Leafs Fans

I think it could definitely be clearer though

What you did was deep cut and thought filled

This kind of depth takes a few viewings to totally sink in , often first viewers just sit and soak, it's in the repeat viewing where the analytical mind kinds in,

the rule of three.

leafers

Oct 2, 2006
:handclap:
Almost brought a tear. The cup is on the horizone for the first time, we are getting there.

RedRenegade

Sep 16, 2008
Great video. Not at all what I was expecting from your thread title but I'm glad I opened it. You sure managed to capture a lot of emotion!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad