im getting sick

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
hey everyone i have a game tonight and for the last two days ive been suffering from a cold. what should i do to prepare for my game and get over my cold?

*note* im at work all day so sleep/rest is not an option:(

big thanks in advance for any help

ArchieIsGod

Mar 2, 2004
well i went and got some dayquil cold/flu, chicken noodle soup and an orange juice on my break and i took a multi-vitamin, vitamin C and E before i came into work so im hoping all that will kick my cold's ass!

can anyone recommend what i should eat for lunch and dinner to keep my strength and not negate the effects of the medicine and vitamins?

Muttley*

well i went and got some dayquil cold/flu, chicken noodle soup and an orange juice on my break and i took a multi-vitamin, vitamin C and E before i came into work so im hoping all that will kick my cold's ass!

can anyone recommend what i should eat for lunch and dinner to keep my strength and not negate the effects of the medicine and vitamins?

Any zinc product like ZiCam (comes in drops, spray, lozenges, swabs, etc.) ColdEase or anything that contains zinc. Zinc products dampen the effects of a cold and make them go away faster. I swear by them as sometimes it seems like it doesn't work....yet other times within hours, you feel much, much better. I think it's efficacy might have something to do with the type of infection you have (viral vs. bacterial)

Drink liquids like Gatorade, VitaminWater, etc to keep from dehydrating. Some hot echinacea tea to sooth your throat if it's sore.

Believe it or not, sometimes I have my best games when I have a fever or am sick. It must be from the drugs & antibiotics getting you all jacked up.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad