I'm EMBARRASSED

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
The thing to remember is that the NHL would want nothing more than a chance to suspend any Oiler for fighting in the last five minutes of the game. See Nurse last playoffs, and with pretty much only those that matter on the ice when this happened who would you want them to sacrifice for game four? Yes it sucks to have no response, but why add insult to injury and not have Ekholm or Bouchard or Hyman/Draisaitl/Nuge for next game?
honestly? anyone in the bottom 9 forwards would be fine seeing as they havent scored all series. what are they gonna do not score more?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
I spend alot of time reading all the various posts and reading through threads but rarely post.
I have never posted my own thread until now.
I have been an Oilers fan since their 1st year in the NHL with my 1st live game being the teams 61st game in the NHL.
I am so disturbed and bothered by what took place at the end of the game with the Zadorov cross check to 97 which flung him into a cross check to his face by Soucy.
The Oilers response??
A token mulling of players and a friendly scrum and conversation ... Are you freaking kidding me??
Both Zadorov and Soucy should have eaten cross checks to the teeth.
The championship teams I watched when I lived in Edmonton would have no be such pathetic weaklings in their response, I promise you that.
No matter who was on the ice at the time, they would have went after those 2 with venom.
Semenko, Smith, Jackson, Messier, McClelland, Buchberger and even guys like Anderson would have jumped in a laid some lumber on them.
But not this group.
That play tells me all I need to know about this "team".
No fight or willingness to go to battle for their best player and captain .... Shame on them!
The biggest failure of our GM was, other than addressing goaltending and a top 4 dman was not beefing up the bottom 6 with some warriors and nastiness.
This team is soft and hopes having 2 if the best players in the NHL will get them by come playoff time ... Not happening.
I can stand not winning but I cannot stand losing with no fight.

There ... My 1st post.
The team is a reflection of the coach. Knob is very unemotional and so is his team

5 Mins 4 Ftg

Life is better with no expectations.
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2016
Edmonton

$5000 to Zadorov is laughable.

Soucy to get max 1 game for Attempt To Decapitate the best player in the world.

NHL continues to cement its reputation as the biggest bush in all the leagues.

Bettman and the gang of thieves running the league need to be shown the door but the owners only care about franchise values so it’ll never happen.

My God we are hopelessly addicted suckers to keep coming back to this horseshit league.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
It was right at the end of the game and there was some chaos, and the officials were all over it. There wasnt much chance to do much. I'm not that worried about the physicality of the team.

The league will suspend Soucy and not just for what he did but for what the Oilers will do to him if he's in the lineup next game. I know that the Oilers haven't carried the physical play this series as much as the Canucks but they haven't been soft either, and it's often because we are having to catch up on the scoreboard and have to play the puck and focus on offense

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

Bettman and the gang of thieves running the league need to be shown the door but the owners only care about franchise values so it’ll never happen.

My God we are hopelessly addicted suckers to keep coming back to this horseshit league.

I don't see much issue with the Zadorov hit. It was against McDavid and right at the end of the game so a fine seems right. It's not much different than the cross checks that Draisaitl is forced to endure

I do think that Soucy gets one game because he will succeed in arguing that he was aiming elsewhere. Plus it is playoffs. Either it is one game or it is the rest of the series.

We are down 2-1 so ultimately I think we still have the advantage here. We outplayed the Canucks pretty badly. I don't think it is likely that Skinner's implosion is permanent and I believe that Pickard is a good back up who could steady the net.

CornKicker

Holland is wrong..except all of the good things
Feb 18, 2005
soucy has been so bad id prefer he does play to be honest. the punishment should be making him play with ian cole who has been the oilers best dman

• Haha
Reactions: TheGingaNinja

Kerberos

Hound of Hades
Nov 4, 2021
Only league in the world that not only neuters its superstars in the name of artificial parity but also ensures talentless thugs like Zadorov and Soucy are given every advantage and benefit to thrive.

Hope karma comes for both of these cowards. Zadorov especially. Hammer this intellectually stunted neanderthal into the boards until he can't get up next game.

GOilers88

#DustersWinCups
Dec 24, 2016
We are soft, still. I thought adding Kane and Perry would toughen us up. But that really hasn't happened. And Vinnie pretends to be tough, but has had only a couple of fights. Like it shows every post season, there isn't enough toughness on this team.
Getting into fights doesn't equate to toughness. The Canucks haven't had a fight all playoffs, and they've still physically imposed on 2 teams now.

Finishing checks. Winning corner and board battles. Throwing your weight around. That's toughness, and the Oilers have it. We've seen it lots this year. But for whatever reason they've been getting bodied for 2 of 3 games.

Go out and start the old dump and chase. Make the D turn around and hammer them a few times. This cutesy little swerve slowly around the neutral zone to drop it back to McDavid so he can go wide and look for a cross crease is getting lame. They looked so damn predictable last night, and unwilling to put up that extra fight. Even Connor Garland has been more imposing than most of the Oilers.

Reactions: guymez

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
Zadorov was also already suspended as a Canuck for two games earlier this season for trying to take an opponents head off and so isn't exactly a stranger to Dops. Making it odder still that he only gets a fine.

He also avoided suspension for this play couple years ago. That was in the playoffs and not only did zad get no suspension he concussed a Star and knocked him out of the series. Theres been others too.

Last edited:
Reactions: Porkleaker

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
I've been saying this whole season that we are too soft. We lost Kostin and replaced him with Perry. Perry is good as an agitator type but he doesn't scare anyone and can't skate well enough to wreck guys like Hughes for instance. Adam f***ing Erne was Holland's idea of a replacement for Kostin. No one on the farm that can take care of business either. Lavoie might be our best fighter down there and he was drafted as a goal scorer.

Kinibo

Apr 11, 2013
There is no reason for Zadorov and Soucy not to make that play. Why wouldn't they? Seriously, why the f*** wouldn't they intentionally try to injure McDavid? You're watching a league that essentially has no rules. Got a superstar on the other team who can tilt the series? Do anything you can to knock him out, or injure him enough so he's no longer effective. Take your one or two game suspension (because hey, it's the playoffs so each game counts double, right?) and even the playing field. There is zero risk for a team that does this; on the contrary it's a key to success in today's NHL.

Retaliation? Don't make me laugh. The retaliation is where they really bring down the hammer. Break Connor's back, naughty boy. Cross check the bastard in the teeth for doing it, you're gone for the series and maybe the first 20 games of next season. The Stanley Cup playoffs have never been about who has the best team. It's about who can miraculously remain healthy enough to make it through four rounds. It's a sham and it cheapens the sport. And for someone like me who has been a fan for the better part of five decades and is only now starting to get it, it sucks nearly all the joy out of the postseason experience.

Our biggest obstacle to ever winning a Cup with a team built primarily around McDrai will always be keeping them healthy for a full run. I would be amazed if that ever happens.

Reactions: Kerberos

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007

NHL front office are dinosaurs. From pride night debacle to how they handled the whole race issue (Aliu says he hasn't heard shit from the league since 2020- when the league had to publicly support race relations). Tochett is a confessed felon and is celebrated by this league. they need to move this league into 2024 instead of being stuck in 1999

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Does the Hyman cross check to Zadorov make it okay you? He needed stitches on it apparently

T-Funk

Oct 15, 2006
Canucks management is gonna preemptively cry about retaliation just like they projected their biased reffing onto us before the series. I wouldn't go headhunting because the league will be waiting for it hoping we cross the line, but if the Oilers don't have more than 60 hits tomorrow, they might as well hang them up.

Reactions: Porkleaker

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
I've been saying this whole season that we are too soft. We lost Kostin and replaced him with Perry. Perry is good as an agitator type but he doesn't scare anyone and can't skate well enough to wreck guys like Hughes for instance. Adam f***ing Erne was Holland's idea of a replacement for Kostin. No one on the farm that can take care of business either. Lavoie might be our best fighter down there and he was drafted as a goal scorer.
I seem to recollect replies like Kostin has no value in present day hockey, he can't play, we're dinosaurs for thinking intimidation matters in hockey, yada yada.

yeah, we could use guys like Kostin. The guy could play too, and score some goals and knock some faces in. he was quite the hitter too.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Canucks management is gonna preemptively cry about retaliation just like they projected their biased reffing onto us before the series. I wouldn't go headhunting because the league will be waiting for it hoping we cross the line, but if the Oilers don't have more than 60 hits tomorrow, they might as well hang them up.
Sure, but we need to win the game most of all

This whole thing reeks of next game being very physically quiet by both sides. That often happens after things go out of control the previous game. The refs will meet the teams beforehand and tell them that they will be whistle happy, and will bury the team that stirs up trouble. I hope our PK gets decent again

Drivesaitl

Finding Hyman
Oct 8, 2017
Canuck hunting
There is no reason for Zadorov and Soucy not to make that play. Why wouldn't they? Seriously, why the f*** wouldn't they intentionally try to injure McDavid? You're watching a league that essentially has no rules. Got a superstar on the other team who can tilt the series? Do anything you can to knock him out, or injure him enough so he's no longer effective. Take your one or two game suspension (because hey, it's the playoffs so each game counts double, right?) and even the playing field. There is zero risk for a team that does this; on the contrary it's a key to success in today's NHL.
Retaliation? Don't make me laugh. The retaliation is where they really bring down the hammer. Break Connor's back, naughty boy. Cross check the bastard in the teeth for doing it, you're gone for the series and maybe the first 20 games of next season. The Stanley Cup playoffs have never been about who has the best team. It's about who can miraculously remain healthy enough to make it through four rounds. It's a sham and it cheapens the sport. And for someone like me who has been a fan for the better part of five decades and is only now starting to get it, it sucks nearly all the joy out of the postseason experience.

Our biggest obstacle to ever winning a Cup with a team built primarily around McDrai will always be keeping them healthy for a full run. I would be amazed if that ever happens.
While I agree with a lot of this the Islanders, Canadians and Oilers of the 80's were the best teams and they did win the cups. heh

You maybe are saying this relative to Bettman time frame in which case its more plausible that orchestration is a main and salient theme.

Reactions: Kinibo

Oilslick941611

Jul 4, 2006
Ottawa
Vancouver is playing on the edge and playing physical hockey. They are playing the right way and we are being soooooo passive. I give full marks to Vancouver for their wins. Tochett has them ready to go at the start of the games. Silovs has been great despite looking poor in game 1.

We have the skill to win, but im starting to wonder if we have the "will" to win. ( McDrai, Ekholm and Bouchard notwithstanding)

Reactions: guymez

Oilhawks

Oden's Ride Over Nordland
Nov 24, 2011

It'll be funny when they try to "work" the league vs a league darling and find out they're kicking up a tier too high.

Didn't that happen vs the Bruins? "Waaah the Bruins are being physical, mommy!" NHL: "I don't care"

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad