Ilya Zubov

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rahan

May 27, 2003
Chicoutimi
Visit site
I don't know much about him.

I know he's currently playing for Russia in the U-18's, and that he's producing. I'd like to know what to expect from him, what's his game, what kind of potential he has.

Also, is he one of the top russian prospects right now? Who should we be keeping an eye on from Russia for the next two drafts?

Lots of questions, sorry. ;)

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Zubov is one of the top Russian prospects for this draft, according to Russianprospects. He's a skilled center with good hands and a nice wrist shot from what I'm told. I don't know what his potential is, but he's having a solid year in the High league although not that much better then last season where he played in the High league for the same Traktor Chelyabinsk team.

For this draft, I would think Istomin, Zubov, Churilov, Anikienko, Buravchikov, Belov, Zharkov, Zubarev and Krysanov would be the guys to keep an eye on. Shirokov, Megalinsky, Panin, Rylov, Romanov, Markarov, Karpov are guys that were passed over last year (unless Shirokov did opt out) with some of them seeing RSL time, perhaps a team will take a shot on them. Got to think Shirokov and Megalinksy will be picked, I always liked Markarov but he's been passed over twice now. Panin struggled in the WJC's but played for Lada all season. Rylov didn't look too bad the wjc's and saw time in the RSL.

Oil_slick9416*

Rahan said:

I know he's currently playing for Russia in the U-18's, and that he's producing. I'd like to know what to expect from him, what's his game, what kind of potential he has.

Also, is he one of the top russian prospects right now? Who should we be keeping an eye on from Russia for the next two drafts?

he's a great diver, a little tap on the wrist and he goes down like he stepped on a landmine...

i don't know much about him but in todays canada russia game after being hit a few times he showed a reluctance to go after the puck...but he got an earful on the bench and played pretty well after that.but thats just one game, so take what i said with a grain of salt.

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
montreal said:
For this draft, I would think Istomin, Zubov, Churilov, Anikienko, Buravchikov, Belov, Zharkov, Zubarev and Krysanov would be the guys to keep an eye on.

No Trukhno?

CH Wizard

Oil_slick9416 said:
he's a great diver, a little tap on the wrist and he goes down like he stepped on a landmine...

Maybe , I'm just drunk BUT THIS MADE ME LAUGH REAALLLY HARD!!

:biglaugh: :biglaugh:

It's true but don't forget it's kinda hard for a russian kid to play against the big canadian d's.He showed some serious flashes vs Canada.Woodlief was right , he's too selfish with the puck but the guy wasn't stopping making fun of the canadian d's.Once , eh deked them alot and instead of cutting to the net he turned behind the net and took a bad shot.He has also an amzing wrist shot.I'd keep an eye on him and Buravchikov in the upcoming games , they're both skilled and fun to watch.

Anikeenko also looked solid against Canada , he was the most physical d out there and I liked his slapshot.He looked more like a stay at home defenceman.Let's say what he'll do (he scored a goal against Germany on the pp).

King'sPawn

Enjoy the chaos
Jul 1, 2003
Habsfan 32 said:
Trukhno is considered a north american player because he played in the Q this year.

Ah, yeah, shoulda figured that. Thanks for clarifying :)

czechhockeyfan

Mar 8, 2003
Czech republic
Visit site
Rahan said:

He will have nice European career. That´s all.

markov`

Feb 23, 2003
Top 2 in the world
Visit site
I'd watch Anton Krysanov from Russia, he's my favorite Russian prospect eligible. His skating is really his achille heels, because his skills would make him a top 20 selection IMO. He's 6'5, has already played 15 games in the RSL (and scored a goal) and is a great two way player with soft hands.

Darcy Wakaluk

Apr 30, 2004
The Great One said:
Anikeenko also looked solid against Canada , he was the most physical d out there and I liked his slapshot.He looked more like a stay at home defenceman.Let's say what he'll do (he scored a goal against Germany on the pp).

I only saw the first and the top half of the second period before having to go to work, but from what I saw, I was very unimpressed with Anikeenko. He made two terrible giveaways, one which lead to a goal and another which almost lead to a breakaway. From the little I saw, he seems to be the Wes O'Neill of this draft, he's got the physical tools but lacks the smarts and hockey sense to complete the package.

monster_bertuzzi

May 26, 2003
Vancouver
Visit site
Darcy Wakaluk said:
From the little I saw, he seems to be the Wes O'Neill of this draft, he's got the physical tools but lacks the smarts and hockey sense to complete the package.

Funny you should say that. Wes O'Neill got deked out of his pants at last years tourny by Danish forward Jannik Hansen. In the game VS Canada Anikeenko had a similar situation - deked out of his pants by Dan Bertram.

Legionnaire

Help On The Way
Jul 10, 2002
LA-LA Land
markov` said:
I'd watch Anton Krysanov from Russia, he's my favorite Russian prospect eligible. His skating is really his achille heels, because his skills would make him a top 20 selection IMO. He's 6'5, has already played 15 games in the RSL (and scored a goal) and is a great two way player with soft hands.

His package of size and skill is certainly intriguiging, but his skating really leaves a lot to be desired.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad